It is registered
Ministry of Justice
Republic of Tajikistan
On December 18, 2006 No. 689
of December 2, 2006 No. 514
About approval of the Program of improvement of providing the population of the Republic of Tajikistan with clear drinking water for 2007 - 2021
According to article 6 of the Water code of the Republic of Tajikistan and for the purpose of providing the population of the Republic of Tajikistan with clear drinking water the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan decides:
1. Approve the enclosed Program of improvement of providing the population of the Republic of Tajikistan by clear drinking water for 2007 - 2021.
2. To the Ministry ofMelioration and Water Resources of the Republic of Tajikistan together with the State committee on environmental protection and forestry of the Republic of Tajikistan, the State unitary enterprise "Hochagiya kommunala manziliya", executive bodies of the government of the Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region, areas, the city of Dushanbe, cities and areas for the purpose of attraction of financial resources of foreign investors and international financial institutions for implementation of this Program to develop the corresponding investment projects and to provide to the Ministry of Economy and Trade of the Republic of Tajikistan.
3. To the Ministry ofMelioration and Water Resources of the Republic of Tajikistan, the Ministry of Economy and Trade of the Republic of Tajikistan, the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Tajikistan, the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Tajikistan, the State committee on environmental protection and forestry of the Republic of Tajikistan, executive bodies of the government of the Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region, areas, the city of Dushanbe, cities and areas to provide in case of project development of the forecast of social and economic development of the Republic of Tajikistan, financing of this Program according to financial opportunities.
4. To the Ministry ofMelioration and Water Resources of the Republic of Tajikistan together with the State committee on environmental protection and forestry of the Republic of Tajikistan, State unitary the company "Hochagiya kommunala manziliya", executive bodies of the government of the Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region, areas, the city of Dushanbe, cities and areas to provide effective implementation of this Program and annually till December 25 to provide information in the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan on its execution.
Prime Minister of the Republic of Tajikistan
Approved by the Order of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan of December 2, 2006 No. 514
The Republic of Tajikistan in which more than 7 million people live has the richest pure sources, however providing and access of the population of the rural zone to clear drinking water is at a low level.
In the Republic of Tajikistan as sources of drinking water supply surface and underground water is used. Some sources of drinking water in the Kurgan-Tyubinsky zone Khatlon and Sughd areas belong to waters with the increased rigidity (15 - 22 mg. e/l) and mineralization (to 10 g/l. and more).
The majority of water supply systems were built in 1960 - 1980 and they are operated within 30 - 50 years. In the last 10 - 15 years maintenance of these construction was not performed, and are in unsatisfactory technical condition.
From 66 cities, the district centers and settlements of city type, only 52 have centralized system of water supply.
From 1,75 of one million city dwellers only of one million 1,5 (87 percent) receive water from centralized systems of water supply.
In the rural zone centralized drinking water provides only 20 percent of the population. Other population consumes water from various sources (springs, wells with the manual pump, aryk, channels, atmospheric precipitation, etc.) which have sufficient no levels of sanitary and hygienic conditions.
All infrastructure, including city, is worn-out more than for 70 percent and requires serious recovery and reconstruction. All this promotes decline in quality of drinking water, posing serious health hazard of the population.
Considerable losses of water in systems of drinking water supply it is caused by wear of communications, in the form of leakage from water systems (on average 50 - 60 percent) which reduce extent of water supply of the population, and as a result of emergence of the polluted ground waters creates danger concerning epidemiological condition.
Emergence of infectious diseases is observed in the rural zone and settlements of city type where the most adverse condition with water supply. Generally conduits in the rural zone work with the gross violations of rules of technical operation.
As a result change of forms of managing and relations of production, were interrupted joint operations of the companies which negatively influenced in development of industry of drinking water supply.
One of the reasons of decrease in productive activity of industry is absence condition and physical wear of fixed assets of production because of the operation expiration.
In the republic due to the lack of industrial enterprises of pipe and other details to water supply systems are not made. With respect thereto the organizations need to deliver these components out of republic limits for what big assignments are required.
The existing companies of water supply are not capable to contain and serve completely available capacities, and the situation is aggravated with untimely payment for services in water use from water users.
The companies of water supply as continuation of the political device the executive body of the government, but not from the point of view of technical efficiency and economic activity is considered by the population. Higher departments exercises control by means of heads of the subordinated organizations of water utilities on places, by distribution of subsidies, capital investments, investment and other means. As a result the subordinated organizations are forced to support the rates counted on chic level which do not correspond to the actual operating costs and by that to work to the detriment of the activities.
As a result all this promoted the low quality level of services. At the same time water consumers in case of lack of drinking water, are inclined to blame the companies of drinking water supply.
Analyses show that the main problems for providing the population with clear drinking water consist of the following:
- lack of the steady legislation in industry of drinking water supply. (Now the Water code of the Republic of Tajikistan in which questions of water supply are reflected insufficiently is effective);
- providing systems of water supply with the electric power according to limit;
- unsatisfactory technical condition of subjects to drinking water supply. (More than 70 percent of the existing water supply systems are worn-out):
- shortage of the electropower and hydromechanical equipment;
- lack of exact accounting of water and water-measuring counters;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.