It is registered
Ministry of Justice of Ukraine
August 7, 2015
of June 8, 2015 No. 325
About approval of the State sanitary and anti-epidemic rules and regulations according to the address with medical waste
According to the subitem 12 of item 4 of the Regulations on the Ministry of Health of Ukraine approved by the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of March 25, 2015 No. 267, I order:
1. Approve the State sanitary and anti-epidemic rules and regulations according to the address with medical waste which are applied.
2. To management of public health (Butilskaya N. A.) provide in accordance with the established procedure provision of this order on state registration in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine.
3. To impose control over the implementation of this order on the deputy minister Peregints I. B.
Approved by the Order of the Ministry of health protection of Ukraine on June 8, 2015 No. 325
1. These rules establish general requirements to the address with medical waste in healthcare institutions (further - organizations) for the purpose of the prevention of their negative impact on life, health of the population and the environment and determine procedure for collection, transportation, storage, sorting, processing (conversion), utilization, removal, disinfecting, burial, destruction of medical waste.
2. These rules extend to all organizations, irrespective of pattern of ownership and legal form, including physical persons entrepreneurs who in accordance with the established procedure obtained the license for implementation of economic activity on medical practice (except the companies for production of pharmaceutical products and the medical waste which is formed in life).
3. In these rules terms are used in the following values:
deactivation (neutralization) - elimination of the main dangerous manifestations of action of waste;
disinfecting (disinfection) - set of the methods (physical or chemical) directed to destruction of pathogenic and opportunistic activators in rooms, the equipment, tools, materials, substances and in waste;
medical waste - the waste which is formed as a result of medical attendance in institutions which in accordance with the established procedure obtained the license for implementation of economic activity on medical practice (except the companies for production of pharmaceutical products and the medical waste which is formed in life);
danger of waste - physical, chemical, biological and other properties of waste which create or can create danger to the surrounding environment and health of the person;
rooms for the address with waste - the appropriate place in organization where acceptance, disinfecting or deactivation of waste, temporary storage (accumulating) of waste, sink and disinfection of racks carts, containers and other equipment used to movement of waste is carried out.
Other terms used in these rules are applied in the values determined by the legislation in the sphere of health protection.
Medical waste is divided into the following categories:
category A - epidemic safe medical waste;
category B - epidemic dangerous medical wastes;
category C - toxicological dangerous medical wastes;
category D - it is radioactive dangerous medical wastes.
1. The system of the address with waste consists of the following stages:
collection and sorting of waste;
marking of waste;
disinfecting (disinfection) of waste;
transportation and transfer of waste in case/intercase (accumulative) containers within organization where they are formed;
waste recycling (those that utilizations can be subject);
waste disposal (only for waste of category A).
2. The address with waste in organizations shall happen according to the standard scheme of the address to waste.
The standard scheme of the address with waste shall contain the following information:
the name of structural division of organization (further - division);
the list of the waste on categories which is formed in division;
the place (places) of collection and temporary storage of waste in division;
transportation of waste to the place (places) of collection and temporary storage of waste in general on organization;
export (according to the schedule) waste on categories to places of conversion, utilization, destruction, burial (only for waste of category A);
the responsible official in division.
3. The medical waste constituting health hazard of the person cannot accumulate, temporarily be stored, be transported, be destroyed together with other waste.
4. Collection of waste is made as it is possible closer to places of their education in separate reservoirs which visually accurately differ on color and/or marking.
5. In places of primary formation of waste there shall be reserve reservoirs (packets or containers) for collection of waste.
6. The filled packets or containers after primary collection are pressurized, marked with label for marking, move to accumulative containers and are closed by cover.
7. System of marking of medical waste (appendix 1) in each place of collection of waste consists of their separate collection and identification, symbols and signs for marking.
8. The packet with waste of categories B and C which underwent disinfection shall contain marking on category of waste, dates of disinfection, type of disinfection, the responsible person who performed disinfection of medical waste.
9. Mixing of waste of various categories is not allowed.
1. Types of waste belong to waste of category A:
food wastes of all departments of organization, except infectious, including venereologic and ftiziatrichesky;
the waste which does not have contact with biological liquids of patients, infectious and skin and venereologic patients;
household waste (firm, large-size, repair) all branches of organization, except infectious, including venereologic and ftiziatrichesky.
2. Collection of food wastes is performed separately from other waste in the reusable reservoirs or disposable packets established in premises of catering departments, dining rooms and still-rooms.
3. Temporary storage of food wastes in individual special containers in the absence of specially allocated refrigeration equipment is allowed no more than 24 hours. The inventory of containers for one days shall be provided at least. Containers from food wastes wash and disinfected after each emptying.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.