of July 2, 2015 No. 580-VIII
About National police
This Law determines the legal basis of the organization and activities of National police of Ukraine, the status of police officers, and also procedure for service in National police of Ukraine.
1. The national police of Ukraine (police) is the central executive body which serves society by ensuring protection of human rights and freedoms, counteraction of crime, maintenance of public safety and procedure.
2. Activities of police go and coordinated by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine through the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine under the law.
1. Tasks of police is provision of police services in spheres:
1) ensuring public safety and procedure;
2) protection of human rights and freedoms, and also interests of society and state;
3) crime counteractions;
4) rendering in the limits determined by the law, services in the help to persons which for the personal, economic, social reasons or owing to emergency situations need such help.
1. In the activities the police is guided by the Constitution of Ukraine, international treaties of Ukraine which consent to be bound is provided by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, it and other laws of Ukraine, acts of the President of Ukraine and resolutions of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine adopted according to the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine, acts of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, and also acts of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, other regulatory legal acts issued according to them.
2. On police officers (police officers and government employees) operation of the Law of Ukraine "On prevention of corruption" expatiates.
1. Relations in fields of activity of police with relevant organs of other states and the international organizations are based on international treaties, and also on constituent acts and rules of the international organizations which member is Ukraine.
2. Police officers can go to the international organizations, foreign states as representatives of police for the purpose of ensuring coordination of cooperation on the questions relating to powers of police.
3. Police officers can be recruited in the international peace support operations and safety.
1. The police in the course of the activities interacts with law enforcement bodies and other public authorities, and also local government bodies according to the law and other regulatory legal acts.
1. Signs of belonging to police are the symbolics of police, uniform of police officers, special ranks, departmental distinctions, special counter and the official ID of the police officer.
2. Use of the name of police or derivative of it, including stated in foreign language, signs of belonging to police is performed only by police, and in other cases - according to the decision of the head of police.
3. Use by public authorities, local government bodies, legal entities, physical persons entrepreneurs and public associations, and also physical persons of signs of accessory, the name of police or derivative of it, including stated in foreign language, on clothes, vehicles, buildings, forms of documents, in the name with violation of requirements of part two of this Article, is forbidden and attracts responsibility according to the law.
1. The police in the activities is guided by the principle of supremacy of law according to which the person, its rights and freedoms are recognized the highest values and determine content and orientation of activities of the state.
2. The principle of supremacy of law is applied taking into account practice of the European Court of Human Rights.
1. In case of accomplishment of the tasks the police provides observance of the human rights and freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine, and also international treaties of Ukraine which consent to be bound is provided by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and promotes their realization.
2. Restriction of human rights and freedoms is allowed only on the bases and according to the procedure, determined by the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine, on emergency and in the amount necessary for accomplishment of tasks of police.
3. Implementation of the measures limiting human rights and freedoms shall be immediately stopped if the objectives of application of such measures are achieved or not need of their further application.
4. Police officers under any circumstances are forbidden to promote, perform, incite or to treat tolerantly any forms of tortures, cruel, brutal or degrading treatment or punishment.
In case of identification of such actions each police officer shall take immediately all feasible measures on their suppression and it is obligatory to report on direct management on the facts of tortures and intentions of their application.
In case of concealment of the facts of tortures or other types of ill treatment by police officers the head of body within a day from the moment of receipt of data on such facts shall initiate conducting office investigation and involvement of guilty persons to responsibility. In case of identification of such actions the police officer shall notify on it the body of pre-judicial investigation authorized on investigation of the corresponding criminal offenses made by police officers.
5. In activities of police any privileges or restrictions on signs of race, skin color, political, religious and other convictions, floor, ethnic and social origin, property condition, residence, on language or other signs are prohibited.
1. The police acts exclusively on the basis of the, within powers and method which are determined by the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine.
2. The police officer is forbidden to carry out criminal or obviously illegal orders and orders.
3. Orders, orders and orders of higher bodies, heads, official and officials, office, political, economic or other feasibility cannot be the basis for violation police the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine.
1. The police performs the activities on the principles of openness and transparency in the limits determined by the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine.
2. The police provides permanent informing public authorities and local government bodies, and also the public about the activities in the field of protection and protection of human rights and freedoms, counteraction of crime, ensuring public safety and procedure.
3. The police provides access to public information which owner it is, according to the procedure and according to the requirements determined by the law.
4. The police can promulgate (to distribute) information with limited access only in cases and according to the procedure, determined by the law.
5. The regulatory legal acts regulating activities of police are surely published on the web portal of the central governing body of police. Regulatory legal acts with limited access will be promulgated in cases and according to the procedure, determined by the law.
6. Drafts of the regulatory legal acts concerning human rights and freedoms surely undergo public discussion according to the procedure, determined by the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
1. The police provides protection of human rights and freedoms, irrespective of political convictions and party accessory.
2. The police in the activities does not depend on decisions, statements or line items of political parties and public associations.
3. In bodies and divisions of police it is forbidden to use any objects on which the symbolics of political parties is represented and to perform political activities.
4. Police officers are forbidden to state the personal relation to activities of political parties in case of execution of office powers, and also to use office powers in political goals.
1. Activities of police are performed in close cooperation and interaction with the population, territorial communities and public associations on the principles of partnership and are directed to satisfaction of their requirements.
2. For the purpose of determination of the reasons and/or conditions of making of offenses planning of office activities of bodies and divisions of police is performed taking into account specifics of the region and problems of territorial communities.
3. The level of credibility of the population to police is the main criterion for evaluation of efficiency of activities of bodies and divisions of police.
4. Assessment of level of credibility of the population to police is carried out by independent sociological services according to the procedure, determined by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
1. The police provides continuous and round-the-clock accomplishment of the tasks. Everyone has the right at any time to ask for the help in police or the police officer.
2. The police has no right to refuse consideration or to postpone consideration of addresses on providing human rights and freedoms, legal entities, interests of society and state from illegal encroachments with reference to output, festive or non-working day or the termination of the working day.
1) central governing body of police;
2) territorial authorities of police.
2. The joint structural divisions providing activities of the head of police, and also accomplishment of the tasks assigned to police are part of the office of the central governing body of police organizationally.
3. As a part of police function:
1) criminal police;
2) patrol force;
3) bodies of pre-judicial investigation;
4) police of protection;
5) special police;
6) police of special function.
4. In system of police research establishments and organizations of providing organization of professional (professional) education with specific conditions of training can be created.
5. Total number of police which contains at the expense of means of the Government budget of Ukraine till January 1, 2018 can exceed 140 000 persons.
1. The structure of the central governing body of police is approved by the head of police in coordination with the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
2. The staff list (state) of police is approved by the head of police.
3. The estimate of police is approved by the head of police in coordination with the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
1. Territorial authorities of police are formed as legal entities of the public law in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, areas, the cities of Kiev and Sevastopol, areas, the cities, areas in the cities and as interregional (which powers extend to several administrative and territorial units) territorial authorities within the extreme number of police and means determined on its content.
2. Forms territorial authorities of police, liquidates and will reorganize the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on representation of the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine based on proposals of the head of police.
3. The structure of territorial authorities of police claims the head of police in coordination with the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
4. The staff list (state) and the estimate of territorial authorities of police is approved by the head of police.
5. Heads of territorial authorities of police are appointed to positions and dismissed by the head of police in coordination with the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
6. Appoints deputy managers of territorial authorities of police to positions and the head of territorial authority of police dismisses.
1) corresponds to general terms of revenues to service in police;
Length of service in the field of the right has at least five years 3);
The work experience on executive positions has at least one year 4).
1. Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine:
1) is provided by forming of state policy in the field of ensuring public safety and procedure, protection and protection of human rights and freedoms, interests of society and the state, and also provision of police services also controls its realization by police;
2) is provided by normative legal regulation of activities of police, approves and submits the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine the drafts of the laws, acts of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine developed by police and the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine concerning activities of police;
3) approves strategic programs of activities and determines the priority areas of work of police, way of accomplishment of the tasks assigned to it, approves plans of its work;
4) is provided by accomplishment of the international treaties of Ukraine belonging to fields of activity of police;
5) is provided by maintaining and use of bases (banks) of data, determines procedure for exchange of information between the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, police and other central executive bodies which activities go and coordinated by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine through the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine;
6) makes the decision on distribution of budgetary funds which main manager is the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine;
7) carries out other obligations in connection therewith and other laws of Ukraine.
1. The citizen of Ukraine who took the Oath of the police officer is police, serves on the corresponding positions in police and to which the special rank of police is given.
2. The police officer has the official ID and special counter. Samples and procedure for issue of official IDs and special counters are approved by the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
1. The police officer shall:
1) steadily to observe provisions of the Constitution of Ukraine, the laws of Ukraine and other regulatory legal acts regulating activities of police, and the Oath of the police officer;
2) it is professional to carry out the service duties according to requirements of regulatory legal acts, job (functional) responsibilities, orders of management;
To respect and not to violate 3) human rights and freedoms;
To render 4) urgent, in particular domeditsinsky and medical, the help to persons injured with offenses, accidents, and also to persons who appeared down and out or the condition dangerous to their life or health;
5) to store information with limited access which became known to it in connection with accomplishment of service duties;
6) to inform the direct head on the circumstances excluding its further service in polices or stay on post.
2. The police officer in all territory of Ukraine irrespective of position which he holds, the location and time of day in case of the address to him of any persons with the statement or the message on the events menacing to personal or public security or in case of direct detection of such events shall take necessary measures for rescuing of people, assistance to persons which need it and to report about it in the nearest police agency.
3. Addressing person, or in case of the address of person to the police officer, the police officer shall call the surname, position, special rank and to show the official ID according to its requirement, having given opportunity to examine from information stated in it, without letting go it.
4. The subsidiary duties connected with passing by the police officer of service to polices can be assigned to it only by the law.
2. The bases and procedure for involvement of police officers to disciplinary responsibility, and also application to police officers of encouragement are determined by the Disciplinary charter of National police of Ukraine that affirms the law.
3. The state according to the law compensates the harm done to physical person or legal entity by decisions, actions or failure to act of body or division of police, the police officer when implementing of the powers by them.
1. Police officers have single uniform. Police officers receive uniform free of charge.
2. Samples of objects of uniform of police officers are approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
3. On uniform of the police officer the breastplate with accurate specifying of its special counter is placed.
The police officer is forbidden to remove from uniform or to hide the breastplate, and also in any other way to interfere with reading of information on it or to its fixation by means of technical means.
The police officer who performs functions in civil clothes shall have in case of himself the breastplate provided by this part except cases when availability of the breastplate interferes with carrying out secret investigative (search) action.
The police officer of division of special purpose number of the breastplate in addition is specified on uniform and on helmet so that he was possible to be read or fixed by means of technical means, except cases when such police officers according to solutions of authorized persons of police carry out tasks in the privacy mode.
4. Rules of carrying and regulation of accessory of uniform of police officers are approved by the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
5. No. 2584-VIII is excluded according to the Law of Ukraine of 02.10.2018.
1. On special rank "Glory to Ukraine" all police officers who are in system answer greeting of the head or senior: "To heroes glory". If the head or the senior on special rank says goodbye, then police officers respond to his words "Glory to Ukraine": "To heroes glory".
1. Direct management of police is performed by the head of police.
2. The head of police is appointed to position and dismissed by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on representation of the Prime Minister of Ukraine according to proposals of the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
3. The head of police has the first deputy and deputies.
4. The first deputy and deputy managers of police are appointed to position and dismissed by the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine on representation of the head of police.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.