of December 23, 2014
About interaction of state members of the Collective Security Treaty Organization on counteraction of criminal activities in the information sphere
The state members of the Collective Security Treaty Organization which are hereinafter referred to as with the Parties
confirming the obligations about the collateral actions directed to forming of information security system of state members of the CSTO
being convinced of the imperative need of protection of information space and information resources of the Parties,
for the purpose of implementation of arrangements on hindrance of use of information technologies for destabilization of situation in the territories of the Parties,
understanding importance of rendering mutual aid in the field of prevention of destructive information impacts and emergency situations in the information sphere, coordination of rapid response to them and liquidation of their effects,
aiming at ensuring effective collective interaction on counteraction of criminal activities in the information sphere and to creation of the legal basis of cooperation of special services and law enforcement agencies of the Parties in fight against crimes in the field of information technologies,
agreed as follows:
The terms used for the purposes of the this Protocol mean: "the information sphere" – set of information, information infrastructure, the subjects performing collection, forming, distribution and use of information, and also system of regulation of the public relations arising at the same time;
"information space" – the field of activity connected with forming, creation, transformation, transfer, use, storage of information, making impact including, on individual and public consciousness, information infrastructure and actually information;
"information infrastructure" – set of technical means and systems of forming, creation, transformation, transfer, use and storage of information;
"information resources" – information infrastructure, actually information and its flows;
"the crime in the field of information technologies" – is intentional the committed socially dangerous act provided by the penal legislation of the Party, made with use of information technologies;
"computer information" – information which is in memory of the computer (COMPUTER), on machine or other carriers in shape, the COMPUTER available to perception, or transferred on communication channels;
"authorized competent authority" – state body whose competence includes counteraction to crimes in the field of information technologies, determined as authorized competent authority in the field of cooperation in format of the CSTO;
"information technologies" – set of the methods, production processes and program technical means united in the technological complex providing collection, creation, storage, accumulating, processing, search, conclusion, copying, transfer and distribution of information.
The this Protocol determines order of interaction of the Parties by counteraction of criminal activities in the information sphere.
The parties shall according to the this Protocol, the national legal system and international treaties which participants they are, to cooperate in interests of protection of information space of the Parties against destructive impact and counteraction to use of the national segments of the Internet for the purpose of prohibited by the national legal system and also to perform interaction on signs of the crimes committed using the information technologies and qualified by the national legal system as crimes:
– against bases of the constitutional system and safety of the state,
– against the world and safety of mankind,
– in the field of information technologies.
The parties will take necessary organizational measures for accomplishment of provisions of the this Protocol.
The cooperation within the this Protocol is performed directly between the authorized competent authorities determined by the Parties.
Each of the Parties notifies the Secretary general of the CSTO on determination / change of authorized competent authority.
The secretary general of the CSTO in case of receipt of the notification without delay informs on it each of the Parties.
The parties within the this Protocol perform cooperation in the following forms:
1. Exchange of information about:
– the preparing or committed crimes in the field of information technologies;
– physical persons and legal entities, involved in crimes;
– forms and methods of the prevention, identification, suppression, disclosure and investigation of crimes in the field of information technologies;
– new forms and methods of making of crimes in the field of information technologies;
– national legislative and the regulatory legal acts which are adopted / accepted for the purpose of regulation of questions of the prevention, identification, suppression, disclosure and investigation of crimes in the field of information technologies;
– the corresponding international treaties which participants are Parties.
2. Execution of addresses about conducting investigation and search operations, and also legal proceedings according to international treaties on legal assistance and other corresponding international treaties which participants are the Parties.
3. Planning and holding the coordinated actions and transactions for the prevention, identification, suppression, disclosure and investigation of crimes in the field of information technologies.
4. Rendering assistance in preparation and advanced training of personnel, including by training of specialists, the organization of conferences, seminars, training courses and trainings.
5. Creation of the information systems providing accomplishment of tasks according to the prevention, identification, suppression, disclosure and investigation of crimes in the field of information technologies.
6. Carrying out joint scientific research on the problems of fight against crimes which are of mutual interest in the field of information technologies and exchange of scientific and technical literature concerning fight against crimes in the field of information technologies.
7. In other mutually acceptable forms.
The cooperation within the this Protocol is performed based on the appeal of authorized competent authority about need of rendering assistance (further – the address).
In the address the name of authorized competent authority of the requesting Party and authorized competent authority of the required Party, purpose and reasons for the address are specified, the being of question and content of required assistance, stipulated by the legislation completion dates, any other information which can be useful to execution of the address is stated.
The appeal is sent in writing.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.