of June 29, 2015 No. 424
About approval of Strategy of national debt management of the Kyrgyz Republic for 2015-2017
For the purpose of effective management of public debt of the Kyrgyz Republic, further market development of government securities of the Kyrgyz Republic, according to articles 10 and 17 of the constitutional Law of the Kyrgyz Republic "About the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic" the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic decides:
1. Approve the Strategy of national debt management of the Kyrgyz Republic for 2015-2017 according to appendix.
2. Declare invalid the order of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic "About the Strategy of national debt management of the Kyrgyz Republic for 2012-2014" of March 22, 2012 No. 188.
4. To impose control of execution of this resolution on department of finance and credit policy of Government office of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Approved by the Order of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic of June 29, 2015 No. 424
The strategy of national debt management of the Kyrgyz Republic for 2015-2017 (further - Strategy) represents the mid-term plan of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic determining the purposes, tasks and the directions of increase in effective management of public debt of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Main objectives of national debt management of the Kyrgyz Republic are:
- ensuring requirements of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic for financing by means of borrowing with perhaps smallest costs and reasonable risk level;
- market development of government securities of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- maintenance of stability of public debt.
This Strategy regulates questions of debt management of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic, and also the debt guaranteed by the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic. Financial liabilities of National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic and municipal authorities of the Kyrgyz Republic do not fall within the scope of scope of this Strategy.
Measures and target indicators of this Strategy extend for 2015-2017. Annual updating of Strategy, taking into account change of macroeconomic indicators, parameters of budget tax policy and changes in the financial market will be led if necessary.
New external borrowings will be attracted only on the most priority programs and projects which will promote economic growth and reducing poverty.
Attraction of new state external borrowings will be performed in case of respect for the minimum level of lgotnost of loans (grant element) in 35 percent.
For the purpose of portfolio diversification of external debt and reducing the potential risks connected with concentration of debt, the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic in the course of attraction of external borrowings will be guided by quantitative restriction of formation of debt to one creditor of no more than 50 percent of total amount of external debt.
In view of the current sizes of external debt, in order to avoid potentially high costs and risks the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic will refrain from attraction of borrowings by means of release and placement in the foreign financial markets of foreign currency bonds.
Servicing of the public external debt of the Kyrgyz Republic will be carried out timely and in full.
Attraction state internal, borrowings will be performed only by means of release of government securities.
Placement of government securities will be performed only through market mechanisms of pricing, in particular through auctions.
The government of the Kyrgyz Republic will continue actions for increase in aggregate term of the address of government securities in the way:
- building-ups of specific weight of the government treasury bonds in general structure of annual issues of government securities;
- offers of treasury bonds with circulation periods over 2 years.
Servicing of the public internal debt of the Kyrgyz Republic will be carried out timely and in full.
Market development of government securities will serve not only for the purposes of financing, but also will exert important impact on development of the financial sector, will lead to more effective distribution of available resources for business development. For achievement of these purposes control of the public internal debt will be exercised with respect for the principles of transparency, simplicity and liquidity and to provide the following measures:
- regular announcement of the annual amounts of financing;
- the publication of calendar of issue and change of structure of issue for achievement of essential reducing number of different types of government securities in the address;
- ensuring regular consultations of participants of the market with the issuer and agent on questions of primary placement;
- studying of possibility of release of the government securities tied to inflation, intended, mainly, for small private investors;
- ensuring knowledge of the population of government securities.
Considering the nature of the state guarantee as financial instrument with high risk level and uncertainty, and also the fact that the state guarantee can act as means of indirect and selective patronage of this or that company, organization, person that in turn does not promote competition development, the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic will refrain from release/issue of the state guarantees.
For the purpose of ensuring stability of public debt of the Kyrgyz Republic the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic will strictly observe the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic. The government of the Kyrgyz Republic will regularly control the size, structure and regular risks in national debt management and to provide further enhancement of indicators of stability of public debt according to the established international standards.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.