of June 15, 2015 No. 320-V ZRK
About peacekeeping activities of the Republic of Kazakhstan
(In edition of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of 11.07.2017 No. 91-VI ZRK)
This Law governs the public relations connected with participation of the national contingent of the Republic of Kazakhstan in transactions (missions) for peacekeeping and safety according to the international obligations assumed by the Republic of Kazakhstan.
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) civil personnel - the citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan who are workers, the staff of state bodies (organizations) of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
2) the partner states - the states which are taking part in peacekeeping transaction together with the Republic of Kazakhstan;
3) military personnel - the military personnel of Armed Forces, other troops and military forming of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
4) transaction on coercion to the world - one of types of the peacekeeping transaction assuming carrying out collateral international forced actions according to Articles of organization of the United Nations (further - the UN);
5) transaction (mission) for peacekeeping and safety (further - peacekeeping transaction) - set of the armed conflicts interconnected and approved on the purposes, tasks, the place and time of the actions of military and civil personnel undertaken according to the Charter of the UN for stabilization of situation in zones (areas) potential or existing performed according to the mandate on carrying out peacekeeping transactions and directed to creation of the conditions promoting the conflict resolution, both maintenance or restoration of peace and safety;
6) preparation for peacekeeping transaction (further - peacekeeping preparation) - the complex of actions including conducting exercises in the territory and outside the Republic of Kazakhstan, negotiation, reconnaissance, planning, training of the national contingent including with participation of armed forces of the partner states, material and financial provision, cargo transportation and the national contingent, creation of operational staff;
7) the mandate on carrying out peacekeeping transaction (further - the mandate) - the legal document accepted by the international organization according to the Charter of the UN and regulating carrying out peacekeeping transaction;
8) peacekeeping activities of the Republic of Kazakhstan (further - peacekeeping activities) - set of the measures including the means and methods answering the purpose and tasks of the Charter of the UN, with use of military and (or) civil personnel, directed to prevention, control and the termination of armed conflicts between the states or within the state by means of intervention of the third party and promoting peacekeeping and safety, humanitarian assistance according to the international obligations assumed by the Republic of Kazakhstan;
9) the national contingent of the Republic of Kazakhstan (further - the national contingent) - military and (or) civil personnel of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Operation of this Law does not extend to the persons who are participating (taking part) in peacekeeping transaction, but not being (entering) part of the national contingent.
1. The legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of peacekeeping activities is based on the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan and consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
2. If the international treaty ratified by the Republic of Kazakhstan establishes other rules, than those which contain in this Law then are applied rules of the international treaty.
The basic principles of peacekeeping activities are:
2) respect for rules of international law;
3) impartiality and neutrality;
4) respect of customs and traditions of local population;
5) nonparticipation in fighting, except cases of participation in transactions on coercion to the world.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.