Approved by the VI All-Russian congress of judges of the Russian Federation on December 2, 2004
Justice cannot exist without fair and independent judicial case. For ensuring its honesty and independence the judge shall take part in forming, maintenance of high regulations of judicial ethics and to personally respect these rules.
In the professional activity and out of service the judge shall observe the Constitution of the Russian Federation, be guided by the Law of the Russian Federation "About the status of judges in the Russian Federation" and other regulatory legal acts, rules of conduct established by this Code, generally accepted standards of morality to promote approval in the society of confidence in justice, impartiality and independence of court.
Fulfillment of duties on implementation of justice is the main objective of the judge and has priority value in its activities.
The judge in any situation shall keep personal advantage, value the honor, avoid everything that could belittle authority of judicial authority, cause damage of reputation of the judge and call into question its objectivity and independence when implementing justice.
1. The judge in case of execution of the obligations on implementation of justice shall recognize that protection of rights and freedoms of man and citizen determines sense and content of activities of judicial bodies.
The judge shall fulfill honesty the professional duties and take all necessary measures for timely hearing of cases and materials.
2. The judge shall be impartial, not allow influence on the professional activity from somebody.
In case of execution of the obligations the judge shall not show prejudices of racial, sexual, religious or national nature.
3. Public opinion, possible criticism of activities of the judge shall not influence legality and justification of its decisions.
4. The judge shall be tolerant, polite, tactful and valid concerning participants of legal proceedings. The judge should demand similar behavior from all persons who are involved in legal proceedings.
5. The judge has no right to disclose information obtained in case of execution of the obligations.
1. The judge shall demand from workers of the office of court and the direct subordinates of conscientiousness and dedication.
2. The judge having organizational and administrative powers concerning other judges should undertake necessary measures for ensuring timely and effective fulfillment of the obligations by them.
1. The judge has no right to make public statements, to comment on judgments, to appear in print on the substance of the cases which are in production of court, to the introduction in legal force of the resolutions accepted on them. The judge has no right publicly, to call outside professional activity in question the resolutions of courts which took legal effect and to criticize professional actions of the colleagues.
2. The judge cannot interfere with the aspiration of representatives of mass media to light activities of court and if it does not create hindrances to carrying out legal procedure or to be used for rendering impact on court, shall render them necessary assistance.
The judge shall maintain the qualification at the high level necessary for proper execution of obligations on justice implementation.
1. Off-duty activities of the judge shall not raise doubts in his decency and honesty.
2. The judge has the right to be engaged in the any kind of activities which is not contradicting requirements of the Law of the Russian Federation "About the status of judges in the Russian Federation" and of this Code.
3. The judge can participate in public work if it does not cause damage to the authority of court and proper execution by the judge of the professional obligations.
4. The judge can interact with bodies of the legislative, executive authority and local self-government on points of law, judicial system, legal proceedings, judicial system, avoiding at the same time everything that can raise doubts in its independence and impartiality.
5. The judge has no right to belong to political parties and movements, to support them financially or otherwise, and also to publicly express the political views, to participate in the processions and demonstrations having political nature or in other political actions.
6. The judge shall avoid any personal contact which can cause damage of reputation, affect his honor and advantage.
7. The judge shall abstain from financial and business contacts which can call into question his impartiality or influence execution of professional obligations by him.
1. The judge uses freedom of expression, religions, the right of participation in associations and meetings.
At the same time he shall behave always so that not to belittle respect for the position and to keep independence and impartiality.
2. The judge has freedom to create associations of judges or other organizations and the right to enter them for protection of the interests, enhancement of professional training and preserving the judicial independence.
3. The judge shall submit the application for suspension of the powers in case of promotion by the candidate of body of the legislative (representative) power of the Russian Federation, body of the legislative (representative) power of the subject of the Russian Federation, representative body of local self-government or for other elective office.
The judge the main work with the scientific, teaching, lecturing and other creative activities including having paid (paid) character having no right not to combine to the detriment of interests of justice.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.