of January 18, 2005 No. ZR-62
About the higher and postgraduate professional education
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on December 14, 2004
This law governs the legal, organizational and financial relations in the field of the higher and postgraduate professional education in the Republic of Armenia.
1. The relations in the field of the higher and postgraduate professional education are regulated by the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, the Law of the Republic of Armenia "About education", this law and other legal acts.
2. If other regulations which are not provided by this law are defined by international treaties of the Republic of Armenia, then regulations of international treaties are applied.
In this law the following basic concepts are used:
1) the higher professional education - the education performed by programs of the bachelor, certified specialist, master on basis, at least, based on secondary education,
2) higher educational institution - educational institution which performs educational programs of the bachelor, master, certified specialist,
3) postgraduate professional education - the higher education of the graduate student, researcher, job seeker performed on the basis of higher education (the master, the certified specialist)
4) additional education - the education on the basis of professional education which is not entering the main educational programs, increasing professional qualities, providing professional retraining, continuously supplementing professional qualification of person
5) the student (the cadet, the listener) - the person which arrived in the corresponding higher educational institution and studying according to certain educational program of higher education according to certain procedure
6) the teacher - the scientific and pedagogical worker of the highest professional educational system who teaches theoretical, practical, professional knowledge to students, students and promotes their assimilation,
7) the graduate student - person having the higher education (the master, the certified specialist) continuing training in postgraduate study in the postgraduate educational program and preparing the thesis on competition of scientific candidate's degree which can receive degree of qualification of the researcher as a result of certification for the postgraduate professional educational program
8) the doctoral candidate - the person having scientific candidate's degree and enlisted according to procedure for preparation of the thesis on competition of scientific doctor's degree
9) the job seeker - the person having higher education (qualification of the master, certified specialist) and preparing the thesis on competition of scientific candidate's degree without training in postgraduate study or having scientific candidate's degree and preparing the thesis on competition of scientific doctor's degree which according to procedure is attached to the organization performing postgraduate professional education
10) distance training - the systematized form of education when the mediated and direct training process between the student and the teacher is performed generally by means of information technologies and telecommunications,
11) the external studies - the form of education performed in educational institution by method of self-training and current, final estimation of knowledge and abilities
12) the state accreditation - recognition by the state of compliance of higher education institution, the educational program, quality of training of specialists in the state educational standards,
13) introspection - research of efficiency and quality of specialties, educational programs, personnel and structure of higher educational institution which, according to educational standards, performs higher educational institution,
14) estimation (certification) of quality of educational institution - estimation of efficiency of specialties, educational programs, training methods, personnel and structure of higher educational institution,
15) quality assurance - continuous process of compliance of education to the state educational standards and accreditation standards, and quality improvements,
16) the academic credit (criteria) - the conventional unit of measurement of academic load expressed in number of hours
17) credit system - system of the organization of educational process, measurement, accounting and transfer of results of training by means of the academic credits which includes teaching, practical and individual training, consultations, preparation of papers and other works, preparation of examinations, estimation and so on,
18) the European translation system and accumulatings of the credits (ESPNK) – the all-European credit system which provides compatibility and peremeshchayemost of the academic credits facilitates movement of students in general European highest educational space,
19) student's benefit – compensation of tuition fee of the student due to financing from the government budget, higher educational institution, funds and other organizations, and also allocated funds by physical persons,
20) internship - training of specialists, performing general practical medical activities according to the program of the intern, on the basis of higher education (the master, the certified specialist),
21) internship - training of highly qualified specialists in the program of the clinical intern on the basis of higher education (the master, the certified specialist),
22) target training – the training in the state and postgraduate educational programs performed for the purpose of ensuring the corresponding qualification with specialists the paramount and representing importance for the state spheres, and also regions of the Republic of Armenia, including, border and mountain settlements.
The principles of state policy in the field of the higher and postgraduate education are:
1) providing and protection of right of man and citizen to get the higher and postgraduate professional education,
2) availability of the higher and postgraduate professional education,
3) continuity, sequence and duration of educational process,
4) konkursnost, transparency and publicity,
5) compatibility of degrees of qualification of the higher and postgraduate education of the Republic of Armenia with the European and other foreign states, and ensuring recognition of diplomas, their inserts,
6) sposobstviye of the international mobility of students,
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.