of October 16, 2014
About cooperation in the field of civil defense, the prevention and mitigation of consequences of emergency situations
The government of the Republic of Tajikistan and the Government of the Azerbaijan Republic, hereinafter referred to as "Parties",
aiming to strengthen the traditional friendly relations between two countries,
recognizing that development of cooperation between the states of the Parties in the field of civil defense, the prevention and mitigation of consequences of emergency situations helps growth in prosperity and ensuring national security of the population,
understanding danger which is born for the states of the Parties by emergency situations,
considering advantage of exchange of scientific and technical information in the field of civil defense, the prevention and mitigation of consequences of emergency situations for the states of the Parties,
signed this agreement and agreed as follows:
This agreement determines interaction of the Parties in the field of civil defense, the prevention and mitigation of consequences of emergency situations, preparation, training and enhancement of knowledge and skills of specialists in these areas.
The terms used in this agreement have the following values:
- the requesting Party - the Party which makes to other Party inquiry about assistance (the direction of groups on assistance, equipment and materials of providing, etc.);
- the providing Party - the Party which satisfies request of the requesting Party about assistance;
- group on assistance - the group of specialists intended for assistance and provided with necessary equipment;
- emergency situation - the situation in certain territory which resulted from accident, catastrophic crash, natural or other disaster which can entail or entailed the human victims, harm to human health, environmental damage and to objects of production and social infrastructure, considerable material losses and violation of conditions of life activity of people;
- the prevention of emergency situations - complex of the events held beforehand and directed to the greatest possible reduction of risk of emergence of emergency situations, preserving health and life of people, decrease in the size of environmental damage and material losses in case of their origin;
- mitigation of consequences of emergency situations - the rescue, emergency and recovery and other urgent operations which are carried out in case of emergency situations and directed to rescuing of life and preserving human health, decrease in the extent of damage and material losses;
- zone of emergency situation - the territory in which there was emergency situation;
- equipment - materials, technical and vehicles, equipment of group on assistance and personal equipment of members of group;
- providing materials - the appliances intended for the humanitarian aid distributed among the population injured with emergency situation.
For implementation of this agreement of the Party appoint competent authorities:
from the Republic of Tajikistan - Committee on emergency situations and civil defense under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan;
from the Azerbaijan Republic - the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Azerbaijan Republic.
About changes in the name of the competent authorities and transfer of their functions to other bodies, the Parties without delay notify each other through diplomatic channels.
1. For implementation of actions on accomplishment of provisions of this agreement of the Party establish the working group on cooperation in the field of civil defense, the prevention and mitigation of consequences of emergency situations (further - the Working group).
2. The structure, operating procedure and tasks of the Working group will be determined by competent authorities of the Parties.
All activities within this agreement are performed according to the legislation of the states of the Parties and caused by availability at each of the Parties of necessary means.
The cooperation within this agreement can be performed in the following forms:
exchange of information in the field of monitoring, forecasting, preventions and risk assessments of emergency situations;
experience exchange in the field of preparation of the population for actions in emergency situations, including in the field of first aid;
the organization of interaction of the interested state bodies for the prevention and mitigation of consequences of emergency situations;
organization and implementation of monitoring of dangerous technogenic and ecological processes, and also natural phenomena;
assessment, risk for the environment and the population in connection with possible large emergency situations of natural and technogenic nature;
collaborative planning, development and implementation is scientific - research projects, exchange of information, scientific and technical literature and results of research works, scientific and methodical, video and photo materials in the field of the prevention and mitigation of consequences of emergency situations, and also preparation of joint publications and reports in the field;
organization of joint conferences, seminars, working meetings, doctrines and trainings;
preparation, retraining, advanced training and training of specialists, in educational institutions of the states of the Parties, exchange of trainees, teachers, scientists and specialists, training conditions in educational institutions of the Parties are determined by free standing agreements between the Parties;
rendering mutual aid in case of mitigation of consequences of large emergency situations;
other forms of cooperation connected with the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations which can be approved by competent authorities of the Parties.
Expenses on journey, accommodation and food of the representatives to participation in work of the working group which is not connected directly with assistance in case of mitigation of consequences of emergency situations are born by the sending party, and the host party incurs expenses on the organization of joint conferences, seminars, working meetings, doctrines and trainings, and also for movement of representatives of the sending party in the territory of the host state if the Parties did not agree about other.
1. The help in case of mitigation of consequences of emergency situations appears the Parties based on the official written request sent by diplomatic channels. In case of urgency such request is performed in oral form and is subject to the further written confirmation in the shortest possible time.
2. The request shall bear in itself all information on nature of emergency situation, and also on types and amounts of necessary assistance.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.