of May 8, 1999 No. ZR-297
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on April 14, 1999
This Law establishes the principles of state policy in the fields of education and organization-legal and financial and economic bases of education system.
The field of education is regulated by the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, this Law and other legal acts.
Legislation tasks in the field of education are:
1) providing and protection of the right of citizens of the Republic of Armenia to education affirmed by the Constitution;
2) distribution and differentiation of competence between state bodies and local self-government;
3) creation of legal guarantees and mechanisms for functioning and educational development;
4) determination of the rights, obligations, responsibility of legal entities and physical persons and legal regulation of their relations.
1) education - the training process and education for the benefit of the personality, society and the state directed to preserving and knowledge transfer to generations;
1. 1) training – the process performed according to the educational program which directly or is indirectly aimed at the organization, implementation of formation of person or assistance to it;
1. 2) long education – the results of education acquired by person throughout life by means of participation in formal, informal and informalny training which the personality creates or enhances the knowledge, skills, opportunities and value system;
1. 3) formal education – certain level or integrity of the main educational, general education and professional programs which is performed from the relevant educational institution (institutions) and leads to assignment of qualification degree of this level and certification;
1. 4) informal education (training) – the training program or set of the programs supplementing education which is performed by means of the relevant educational institution (institutions) or the organization and (or) service having competences of implementation of this function, however, does not lead to assignment of qualification degree and official recognition of the results of training, except as specified, established by the laws of the Republic of Armenia;
1. 5) informalny education – the results of training of person acquired as a result of everyday and family life, rest, pastime, labor activity and other different deyatelnost which are, as a rule, not premeditated from person as target training are not organized and systematized concerning time or resources, do not lead to official recognition of the results, except as specified, established by the legislation of the Republic of Armenia;
1. 6) additional education (training) – the informal training performed according to the additional educational program which maximum duration can be up to five months;
1. 7) the listener – the person covered and trained in the additional educational program;
1. 8) the social partner – the organization or merging of the organizations helping, cooperating and interested in case of development of system of professional education and training system, in particular merging of employers trade-union and others public, any organization performing the educational and training programs, the state and communal bodies;
1. 9) the student – person which arrived in accordance with the established procedure in educational institution and studying according to the main educational program (programs),
1. 10) quality of education – the measurable result of the organization of education directed to realization of the purposes and tasks established by policy in the field of education which is estimated:
taking into account individual needs of the student, the circle of the organization of education, program content of training, process of the organization of education and the estimated results of training, according to the established criteria.
2) the state educational standard - the standard rate determining obligatory minimum of contents of educational programs, the maximum amount of academic load of students and high-quality requirements to graduates;
3) educational (including - military) the program - content of formation of appropriate level and professional orientation;
3. 1) vocational education – training system and educations of persons having need in special conditions of education and also the children who showed antisocial behavior which based on one or several educational programs can be performed in special or general general education, professional educational institutions;
4) educational institution - the organization having the status of the legal entity, or its division, realizing one or several educational programs and providing training and education of these programs studying according to requirements;
4. 1) military school – the educational institution performing general education or secondary vocational or higher and postgraduate professional education which provides training and education of pupils according to requirements of the military educational program;
5) kindergarten - the teaching and educational institution realizing the program of preschool education;
6) general education educational institution – the educational institution performing one or several general education main programs;
7) ceased to be valid;
8) educational complex - merging of the educational institutions realizing different educational programs;
8. 1) vocational school – the organization or its division having the status of the legal entity which performs the initial professional (craft) educational program;
9) college - the organization or its division having the status of the legal entity which performs the average special educational program;
10) university - higher educational institution which activities are directed to the organization of the higher, postgraduate and additional education of the natural-science and humanitarian directions, different directions of science, the equipment and culture, basic scientific research and training;
11) institute - the higher educational institution realizing professional and postgraduate educational programs and performing scientific studying in number of the directions of science, economy and culture;
12) academy (educational) - higher educational institution which activities are aimed at development of education, sciences, technicians and cultures in certain sphere which performs preparation and retraining of highly qualified specialists of certain industry (area), realizes postgraduate educational programs;
13) conservatory - higher educational institution which activities are directed to training of specialists in the field of music, increase in their qualification and implementation of postgraduate educational programs;
14) branch - the allocated territorial subdivision of educational institution realizing one or several educational programs;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.