of December 30, 1998 No. ZR-270
About nonconsumptive payments and payments for environmental management
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on December 28, 1998
This Law determines concepts of nonconsumptive payments and payments for environmental management (further - payments), the circle of payers, payment types, procedure for their calculation and payment, responsibility for violation of this Law in the Republic of Armenia, governs other relations connected with payments.
Nonconsumptive payment - the obligatory payment paid according to this Law to the government budget, and in the cases provided by the law - in the local authority budget for the purpose of formation of the money necessary for implementation of nature protection actions.
The payment for environmental management is the payment paid to the government budget according to this Law for effective, complex use of the natural resources which are considered as state-owned property and also for the purpose of compensation of natural resources for their use and (or) realization.
The physical persons and legal entities performing the functions established by articles 4 and 5 of this Law are considered as payers of nonconsumptive payments and payments for environmental management (further - payers).
Treat types of nonconsumptive payments:
a) payments for emission (dumping) of hazardous substances into the environment (air and water basin);
b) payments for placement in accordance with the established procedure production wastes and consumption in the environment;
c) payments for the goods doing harm to the environment.
For environmental management treat payment types:
a) payment for water use;
b) payment for the extinguished resources of solid minerals, except for metal minerals, for the withdrawn resources of underground fresh and mineral waters and salt;
c) payment for use of bioresources;
d) royalty, for realization of the extracted metal minerals and products received as a result of their processing.
The accounting treatment for payers is established by the Government of the Republic of Armenia.
Rates of nonconsumptive payments are established under the law, and rates of payments for environmental management - the Government of the Republic of Armenia.
Payers estimate payment amounts according to this Law independently, by quarter if this Law does not establish other procedure, and pay to the government budget according to this Law.
1. The payment for water use is estimated on the basis of amount of the water which is directly taken away in the accounting period for the purpose of use from natural water sources, except for the case specified in Item 2 of this Article.
2. The payers performing fish activities and cultivation of cancer make calculation of payment for water use:
1) in regions of the Republic of Armenia Ararat and Armavir, based on 50 percent from the total amount of the got inventories of underground waters, and based on 10 percent from the total amount of the got inventories of land waters,
2) in other regions of the Republic of Armenia, based on 5 percent from the total amount of the got inventories of underground waters, and also total amount of the got inventories of land waters.
3. Paragraph one of part 3 of Article 9 ceased to be valid according to the Law of the Republic of Armenia of 17.12.2011 No. ZR-284
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.