of January 6, 1994 No. 772
About border troops
Border troops of the Azerbaijan Republic (further - border troops) provide protection and immunity of Frontier of the Azerbaijan Republic (further - Frontier).
The legislation on border troops consists of the Constitution of the Azerbaijan Republic, this Law, other legal acts of the Azerbaijan Republic and international treaties signed by the Azerbaijan Republic.
Border troops are guided in the activities by general charters of the Azerbaijan Republic. At the same time provisions of general charters of Armed Forces of the Azerbaijan Republic on garrison service and other provisions which are not connected with purpose of border troops are not applied (except schools of military professional education).
Border troops in the activities are based on respecting the rule of law, publicity, the rights and freedoms of citizens, on interrelation with state bodies, public associations, labor collectives and the population, on the organizational principles of construction of Armed Forces.
1) protect Frontier in the procedure established by the law;
2) is stopped by any attempts of illegal change of Frontier;
3) is reflected by real and potential hazards in frontier of the Azerbaijan Republic, protect the population, property in border zone from similar actions, stop them;
4) stop illegal transition through Frontier of persons and vehicles and do not allow similar actions;
5) is performed in the procedure established by the law by the omission of persons, vehicles, freights and other property through check points of frontier;
6) is provided by suppression of transportation through frontier of the Azerbaijan Republic out of check points of frontier of the Azerbaijan Republic of drugs, psychotropic substances and their precursors, strong, toxic, poisoning, radioactive, explosives and devices, military equipment, firearms and ammunition, materials and the equipment which can be used in creation of nuclear, chemical, biological and other weapons of mass destruction, including other objects;
6-1) takes measures for suppression of illegal transportation through check points of frontier of the Azerbaijan Republic of drugs, psychotropic substances and their precursors, strong, toxic, poisoning, radioactive, explosives and devices, military equipment, firearms and ammunition, materials and the equipment which can be used in creation of nuclear, chemical, biological and other weapons of mass destruction, other objects which civil circulation is prohibited or limited;
7) provide within the competence observance set by the law of the mode of Frontier, boundary regime (including in boundary waters) and the mode at check points through Frontier;
8) perform the operational search, intelligence and counterintelligence activities connected with protection of Frontier of the Azerbaijan Republic, conduct the investigation of criminal cases in the procedure established by the legislation and cases, perform production on cases on administrative offenses;
9) exercise control of observance of the set mode by warships and not public vessels during their swimming or stay in territorial and internal boundary waters of the Azerbaijan Republic;
10) give necessary assistance in areas of service to specially authorized state bodies of the Azerbaijan Republic in control of protection of natural resources, observance of rules of hunting and protection of the environment from pollution.
Except the above, border troops:
11) render assistance to forces of air defense and naval forces, state bodies exercising special control on Frontier in accomplishment of tasks on protection of Frontier;
12) interact with state bodies, the companies, organizations and the organizations in protection of Frontier and coordinate their actions;
13) give help to other forces ensuring safety of the Azerbaijan Republic in accomplishment of tasks on protection of Frontier, protection of the vital interests of the personality, society and state on Frontier from external and internal threats.
In case of introduction in the areas and the cities adjacent to Frontier, coast of the boundary rivers, lakes and other reservoirs, the coast of the sea or the check point through Frontier, legal regime of emergency state subsidiary duties only in the sphere of protection of Frontier can be assigned to border troops in the procedure established by the law.
Tasks of border troops in the sphere of defense of the Azerbaijan Republic using instruments of war are determined according to their special preparation, security with weapon and military equipment and organizational and regular structure with the Supreme Commander of the Azerbaijan Republic on the basis of the military doctrine of the Azerbaijan Republic.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.