Approved by the Order of the Minister of investments and development of the Republic of Kazakhstan of December 30, 2014 No. 342
Rules of ensuring industrial safety for hazardous production facilities in petrochemical, oil processing industries, petroleum storage depots and gas stations
1. These rules of ensuring industrial safety for hazardous production facilities in petrochemical, oil processing industries, petroleum storage depots and gas stations (further - Rules) are developed according to the subitem 14) of article 12-2 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of April 11, 2014 "About civil protection" (further - the Law) and determine procedure for ensuring industrial safety for hazardous production facilities in petrochemical, oil processing industries, petroleum storage depots and gas stations during the designing, construction, operation, expansion, reconstruction, modernization, preservation and liquidation.
2. In Rules the following terms and determinations are applied:
1) gas station (further - gas station) - the technology complex equipped with the equipment, providing storage and retail sale of oil products;
2) the passport of gas station - the document containing the main characteristics of gas station;
3) antiemergency automatic protection (further - PAZ) - the automatic protection which is based on means and elements of instrumentations and automatic equipment, computer facilities and the actuation mechanisms managed by them;
4) explosion-fire-hazardous object - the object performing activities in the course of which address (are made, stored, transported, are utilized) the liquefied hydrocarbonic gases, flammable liquids, solid combustible and slow-burning substances and materials (dust and fiber), the substances and materials capable to burn in case of interaction with water, oxygen of air and with each other in the quantity sufficient in case of their ignition to create threat of life and to human health, and also the environment;
5) production schedules - the internal regulating document of the company establishing methods of conducting production, technology standard rates, technical means, conditions and the procedure for carrying out engineering procedure providing finished goods with the quality indicators meeting the requirements of standards, establishing safety of conducting works and achievement of optimum technical and economic indicators of production.
3. Preparation, retraining of service personnel in petrochemical, oil processing industries, on petroleum storage depots and gas station is performed according to the Law.
4. Means of collective protection of working include means of normalization of working conditions and funds of decrease in impact for workers of harmful production factors:
noise level and vibration;
protection against defeat by electric current and from static electricity;
protection against moving nodes and details of mechanisms;
protection against fall about heights and other means.
5. Means of collective protection are provided by the project in case of accomplishment of construction, repair work and reconstruction.
6. Workers in operating time use overalls issued to them, special footwear and individual protection equipment (further - SIZ).
SIZ according to the characteristics provide protection of workers against dangerous production factors.
7. At works with harmful and special working conditions or connected with pollution to workers special clothes, special footwear and other SIZ are issued.
For storage of SIZ at the company the equipped placement (wardrobe) is used.
8. Individual protection equipment of respiratory organs is applied to protection of respiratory organs.
9. The filtering industrial gas masks for protection of respiratory organs, persons and eye from Paro gas-hazardous substances are applied and subjected to tests according to the operation manual on the manufacturer.
10. During the works in reservoirs, in trenches, wells and other works performed in the circle with insufficient content of oxygen (on amount less than 20 percent), the hose or oxygen isolating devices are used to protection of respiratory organs. Use of the filtering gas masks in these cases is not allowed.
11. Operability of gas masks is checked according to the schedule, but at least once in three months. Before application the worker checks gas mask for hermeticity, according to the operation manual on the manufacturer which stores on workplace.
12. Devices for safe works are subjected to acceptance and periodic tests, according to the operation manual on the manufacturer.
13. Workers apply goggles to protection of eyes against radiation, dust, the flying-away particles of solid materials.
14. Hydraulic valves shall be filled with difficult evaporating, not crystallizing, not polymerized and non-freezing liquid.
15. Supply of oil products in the reservoir shall be performed only under liquid layer.
16. Speed of filling (emptying) of the reservoir shall not exceed total handling capacity of the respiratory devices established on the reservoir. Frequency of control of condition and cleaning of respiratory devices shall be performed according to requirements of production schedules.
17. The pipelines intended for steaming, purge, washing and cleaning of reservoirs shall be removable and be mounted before carrying out these transactions. Upon termination of works they are dismantled and shall be warehoused out of ridging of the reservoir. For reservoirs which cleaning shall be performed more than once in between-repairs run of production stationary installation of such pipelines is allowed.
18. The pipeline binding of reservoirs and pumping shall provide possibility of transfer of products from one reservoir in another in case of emergency.
19. Reservoirs shall be equipped with reduced samplers. Manual sampling via the hatch on roof of the reservoir is not allowed.
20. Control of level in reservoirs shall be exercised by instrumentations. The measurement of level manually via the hatch on reservoir roof is not allowed by zamerny tape or lath.
21. On roof of the reservoir there shall be tradable bridges with barrier (handrail) from ladder to the serviced devices. Circulation is direct on roof of the reservoir it is not allowed.
The platform for equipment maintenance on reservoir roof strictly unites with the upper platform of mid-flight ladder. Application for platforms of flooring from boards is not allowed.
22. In case of arrangement in the reservoir of steam coil the device for condensate dumping is provided. All connections of coil shall be welded.
23. For designed projects use of the buried steel concrete reservoirs for oil storage and dark oil products is not allowed.
24. Entrance on the territory of the reservoir park of the vehicles which are not equipped with spark extinguishing devices and without admission is not allowed.
25. Height of the mouth of air-channels, underground storage tanks shall be at least 6 meters from planning mark of the earth.
26. All buried metal reservoirs shall be placed in the concrete priyamka which are filled up peskoyed or with the device of forced ventilation and equipped with drainage pumps.
27. Underground reservoirs should be equipped with stationary step-ladder from the hatch to the bottom.
28. In order to avoid accumulating of static electricity and emergence of spark categories availability on the surface of oil products of ungrounded electrowire floating devices is not allowed.
29. Covers of hatches of technology devices shall be equipped with loops and handles. If execution of loops is impossible, then covers are equipped with the device for capture by their hook of the lifting mechanism.
30. Operation of reservoir parks and separate reservoirs is performed according to production schedules.
Operation of the reservoirs which sat untight, with defects of the equipment is not allowed.
Carrying out temporary hot work on the operating reservoirs without application of the measures excluding emergence of the fire (explosion) is not allowed.
31. For entrance on the territory of the reservoir park on both sides of ridging ladders transitions with handrail are established: for the separate reservoir - at least two, for group of reservoirs - at least four.
Transitions are established along the routes and places, most convenient for workers. Transition through ridging in unspecified places is not allowed.
Stay in the territory of reservoir parks of persons which do not have a direct bearing on servicing of reservoirs, the equipment and on their repair is not allowed.
32. The holes and trenches dug for carrying out repair work in ridging upon termination of these works are filled up and planned. In case of work stoppages temporary barriers are arranged, height 0,7 of meters with installation of precautionary signs suffices.
During the works in the territory of the reservoir park violation of integrity of ridging is not allowed.
33. In the territory of the reservoir park, in places of possible accumulation of explosive vapors and gases (trenches, sewerage wells) application of open sources of fire is not allowed. Accumulator lamps in explosion-proof execution which inclusion and switching off is made out of explosive zones are applied to local lighting.
34. Ladders and their handrail are kept clean, cleared of dirt, snow and ice with observance of the safety rules established for work at height.
It is not allowed to wipe ladders and handrail with the oiled rags.
It is not allowed to use defective ladders in work.
35. The lower ends of figurative ladders for the prevention of shift equip with sharp metal thorns or rubber tips.
36. Cleaning of snow of metal hatches of wells, reservoir ladders and roofs of reservoirs is allowed to be made wooden shovels.
37. It is not allowed to litter the territory with the oiled rags and other materials.
38. Throw into the reservoir hatch any objects (wooden traffic jams, sticks and others) it is not allowed.
Operation of the reservoir in the presence of inside it foreign objects is not allowed.
39. It is not allowed to dump from the reservoir on the earth lot, roulette, the tool or other objects.
40. Rise by the reservoir and go down from it it is allowed only, on operational ladders and ladder marches using hand-rail and perilny barriers.
41. Basic height of the reservoir (high-rise cliche) is measured annually during the summer period, after repair of the reservoir, the result of measurement is drawn up the protocol which affirms the technical lead and is put to calibration tables.
42. Maintenance of reservoirs is performed according to the schedule approved by the technical lead. Running repair is provided at least 1 time in 6 months, average - at least 1 time in two years, capital repairs - as required.
43. Cleaning of reservoirs is made at least 1 time in two years, in need of change of brand of oil product. It is recommended to apply detergents with use of portable cleanup installations to cleaning of reservoirs. In the absence of the mechanized means manual cleaning after the gulf and pumping of water is allowed. When cleaning reservoirs it is necessary to observe production schedules.
44. Acceptance of the reservoir after cleaning and repair is drawn up by the act, and in the passport of the reservoir the mark with indication of date of cleaning and repair becomes.
45. The reservoir after cleaning and repair has no leak, rainfall on walls and the bottom. The reservoir equipment and grounding is checked the revealed defects are eliminated.
46. The opening in the reservoir hatch for measurement of level of oil product has on all internal perimeter ring from not sparking material with flute for movement of measuring tape.
Look or to bend low it is not allowed to mouth of the open hatch, in order to avoid poisoning with vapors of oil product.
47. Select tests of oil products during filling or emptying of the reservoir it is not allowed.
When sampling in dark places portable lamps in explosion-proof execution, no more than 12 Volts are used to lighting. Portable lamps are switched off, and turn on behind earth shaft or barrier of the reservoir park.
48. Tests of oil products from the place of selection are transferred to laboratory in the fabric bags which are put on through shoulder for ensuring safe descent from the reservoir.
49. For all productions operating and again put into operation production schedules are developed and affirm.
50. In production schedules conditions of safe start-up of oil processing productions shall be developed at negative temperatures of outside air.
51. Processing equipment, control facilities, managements, alarm systems, communications and PAZ shall be exposed to external survey with the following frequency:
processing equipment, pipeline armature, electric equipment, remedies, technology pipelines - before each change and during change at least every 2 hour;
control facilities, managements, executive mechanisms, means of antiemergency protection, alarm systems and communications - at least once a day;
ventilating systems - before each change;
fire extinguishing means, including automatic systems, - at least once a month.
Results of surveys shall be registered acceptance and delivery of changes.
52. The liquidation plan of accidents (further - PLA) shall be developed for each explosion-fire-hazardous object in which, taking into account specific conditions of object, actions for rescuing of people, actions of heads and workers are provided.
53. Dumpings of gases from the safety valves established on vessels and devices with explosive and hazardous substances shall go to torch systems.
54. Dumping of neutral gases and vapors from the technology equipment in the atmosphere should be taken away to the safe place.
55. Height of exhaust strut (candle) shall be at least than 5 meters higher than the highest point (the building or the servicing platform of the outside equipment in radius of 15 meters from exhaust strut). The minimum height of candle shall constitute at least 6 meters from the level of planning mark of the platform.
56. For ensuring hydraulic stability of system operation of the warming companions using heating water it is necessary to establish restrictive washers on each companion. Diameters of openings of washers are determined by calculation.
57. The locking, cutting and safety devices established on the delivery and soaking-up pipelines of the pump or the compressor shall be in zone, convenient and available to servicing.
58. The locations of safety valves shall be equipped with the platforms providing convenience of their servicing.
59. Start-up of installation shall be made in strict accordance with production schedules. The basis for start-up of installation is the order on the company in which terms of start-up and conclusion to the mode are established, and also persons responsible for carrying out commissioning work are designated.
60. The organization and safe holding all prestarting actions and conclusion of installation to the operation mode with providing security measures is assigned to persons, responsible for start-up.
61. Before start-up of installation operability of all systems of power supply (warm, water-electric utility service, supply with inert gases), systems of heating and ventilation, and also availability for service of the torch system servicing this installation shall be checked.
62. Before start-up and after equipment stop taking into account features of process the purge by inert gas or water vapor, with mandatory control behind its efficiency by carrying out analyses shall be provided.
63. Residual content of oxygen after purge of the equipment and pipelines before initial start-up and after repair with opening of the equipment and pipelines shall exclude possibility of formation of explosive concentration of the applied combustible substances.
64. Content of combustible substances in the device after purge inert gas by preparation it to repair shall not exceed threshold limit value in air of the working area.
65. All transactions on preparation of reagents, solutions of acids and alkalis shall be made, as a rule, in warehouses of reagents, to be mechanized, to exclude manual work, contact of personnel with the technology circle and to be performed according to production schedules.
66. All works in warehouses of reagents connected with hazardous substances of I and II classes of danger shall be made in case of the working ventilation.
67. Passages of products on surface of floor are processed and removed according to the established production schedules.
68. On flange connections of the pipelines transporting, repumping liquid reagents I, II and III of class of danger protection covers shall be established.
69. Filling reagents in devices is not allowed by manual method. For this purpose it is necessary to provide the pump or system of displacement by inert gas.
70. Temporarily idle devices and pipelines before supply of reagents shall be checked for passability and hermeticity.
71. Installation of flanges on pipelines with reagents over places of pass of people and journey of transport is not allowed.
72. Plums of acidic and alkaline waters in the general sewerage are not allowed.
73. Light combustible gases with content of hydrogen of 60 percent are also more allowed to be dumped from safety valves on candle to the place, safe on installation.
74. Materials of the devices working in the environment of hydrogenous gas should be chosen taking into account influence of hydrogen corrosion.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.