Approved by the Order of the Minister of investments and development of the Republic of Kazakhstan of December 30, 2014 No. 349
Rules of ensuring industrial safety for tail and slurry farms of hazardous production facilities
1. These rules of ensuring industrial safety (further - Rules) are developed for tail and slurry farms of hazardous production facilities according to the subitem 14) of article 12-2 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of April 11, 2014 "About civil protection" and determine procedure for the organization and ensuring industrial safety during the designing, construction, operation, expansion, reconstruction, upgrade, preservation and liquidation of hazardous production facilities of tail and slurry farms (further - tailings dams) in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Engineering procedures need to be made with observance of the production schedules developed and approved by the technical lead of the organization operating the tailings dam.
2. For the purpose of ensuring accident-free and safe operation of tailings dams are provided:
1) equipment of settlers and thickeners devices or mechanisms for their clearing, washing in the cases of zashlamovaniye excluding application of manual work and damage of designs;
2) self-flowing pulpovod (trays) taking the condensed pulp from thickeners to the pulponasosny station, the having biases and the excluding their zashlamovaniye and press fitting.
3. Tunnels in which pulpovoda are laid are equipped with ventilation, emergency lighting and passes by m 0,8 width for service personnel are established.
4. For the tailings dam of the stores which are not providing acceptance of flood drain during all useful life constructions on its acceptance and branch out of store limits are provided.
5. Control of level and composition of underground waters on the store of waste and sewage of the tailings dam requires creation of network of the observation wells.
These rules do not extend to constructions of systems of sewage treatment, stores of industrial drains, transportation systems and stacking of the dehydrated tails to which security measures are determined by project decisions.
6. For tailings dams effects of destruction of their protecting and water waste constructions, borders of zone of possible flooding of the territory, pollution of underground and surface water are determined.
If in zone of possible flooding other objects are located, actions for their protection or carrying out on the safe place are carried out.
7. Changes are brought in the technology scheme, hardware registration, systems of antiemergency protection of the tailings dam in the presence of the project documentation.
8. Commissioning of the tailings dam which construction is not complete in compliance with the project documentation is not allowed.
9. Operation of the tailings dam is allowed only in the presence of devices of the alarm system, blocking, protection against the overloads, the control instrumentation, instrumentations, means of communication and lighting which underwent complex approbation in the operational mode and the act of inspection.
Metal parts of instrumentations are protected from corrosion. Numbering of instrumentations is applied on the protective caps or covers of wells acting over the Earth's surface with indelible paint.
For maintenance in operating state piezometers are protected from contamination by the closed covers, and from damage - the metal or steel concrete pipes of bigger diameter driven in the earth.
10. To all objects of the tailings dam the entrance of vehicles and mechanisms is provided at all seasons of the year. Width and structure of the carriageway of roads are determined by the project documentation. Access roads are marked up by route signs and contain in good repair. Schemes of access roads, movements of people and transport are hung out in the division servicing the tailings dam. Drivers of all vehicles involved in works on object study the traffic pattern. Entrance of foreign motor transport on the territory of the tailings dam is not allowed.
11. For each tailings dam the liquidation plan of accidents (further - PLA), and also the passport of the tailings dam according to appendix 1 to these rules is constituted.
12. Means of communication, technical and appliances for implementation of actions for rescuing of people and accident elimination shall be operational and be in the places provided by PLA.
13. In case of change of engineering procedures, schemes of communications, replacement of the equipment before implementation of changes in production the corresponding amendments are introduced in PLA and production schedules.
14. For the purpose of ensuring readiness for actions for localization and mitigation of consequences of accidents on tailings dams, the organization operating the tailings dam attracts the professional militarized rescue services and forming or creates the object professional militarized rescue services and forming.
15. Repair of constructions, networks and the equipment is made according to the schedules of scheduled preventive maintenance which are annually approved by the technical lead of the organization.
Emergency and recovery repairs are carried out from the moment of emergence of accident, and the damages creating threat for life of people or to emergence of emergency situations - are eliminated immediately.
16. Buildings and constructions of tailings dams are provided with fire protection.
17. For operation of the tailings dam the following technical documentation is kept:
1) production schedules according to appendix 2 to these rules;
2) the project of operation of the tailings dam according to appendix 3 to these rules;
3) materials of tool observations of constructions and geoengineering supervision;
4) executive acts of acceptance on laying of reference points, brands, piezometers;
5) reports on the engineering researches executed for creation of the project, working documentation;
6) reports on research works;
7) acceptance acts of constructions in operation;
8) passports and managements of the manufacturer on operation of technical devices;
9) passport of the tailings dam, technical data sheets of constructions;
10) the project documentation of monitoring of safety of the tailings dam according to appendix 4 to these rules.
18. On alluvial stores after the first five years of operation and then at least through each 10 m of building-up within the project length of persistent prism carrying out engineering-geological inspections for the purpose of confirmation of conformity of physicomechanical characteristics of the tails (waste) washed in persistent prism is necessary.
Check of stability of dams of bulk stores, extraordinary inspection of stability of dams of alluvial stores is carried out with participation of representatives of the project organization.
19. In these rules the following basic concepts are used:
1) emergency pond - periodically oporazhnivayemy reservoir intended for acceptance in case of short-term failure of the main system of hydrotransport;
2) system of turnover water supply - complex of constructions and the equipment for feeding on object of reusable technology water;
3) hydrotransport - engineering procedure of material transfer water flow;
4) beach length - distance from the line of crossing of the beach with dam slope to water contour in settling pond;
5) the card of alluvium - the site of the washed tailings dam on which the alluvium of persistent prism is conducted;
6) preservation of the tailings dam - complex of the mining, construction, meliorative works providing long-term safe storage of the tails laid in storage;
7) emergency reservoir of the tailings dam - the reservoir of the tailings dam formed due to excess of mark of crest of dam over water surface in pond of the tailings dam and intended for accumulating of water in case of catastrophic expense of flood waters;
8) the tailings dam - the natural or artificially created reservoir for warehousing of the tails given by hydraulic transport or waste of metallurgical, enrichment and other productions, and also for water clarification;
9) tails - the waste of mineral processing consisting of dead rock with inclusion of useful components which cannot be taken in case of the applied technology of enrichment, and also remaining balance of the chemical reagents used in engineering procedure;
10) ridging dam (secondary dam) - the dam which is poured out on outside contour of persistent prism for barrier of tiers of alluvium;
11) settling pond - the pond within tailings dam bowl intended for clarification, accumulating and intake of turnover water;
12) persistent prism - the part of body of the alluvial tailings dam performing functions of retaining construction which external border is the local slope of construction and internal border is determined by calculation of its stability.
20. Prior to the beginning of every year the plan and the schedule of filling of the alluvial tailings dam, the schedule of scheduled preventive maintenance of constructions and the equipment, affirms the technical lead of the organization.
21. For safe operation of tailings dams, follows the organization:
1) to make stacking of tails according to annually approved by the plan and the schedule, to observe the fillings accepted by the project documentation the scheme, methods of release of pulp, technology of stacking of tails and intensity of alluvium. Unauthorized and unorganized stacking of tails is not allowed;
To support 2) in the tailings dam the water amount provided by the project documentation, to keep daily account of amount of the water arriving and taken away from the tailings dam (especially in case of 100% water recirculation). Reduction of amount of water is lower minimum and increase in amount is higher maximum, set by the project documentation, it is not allowed;
3) to exercise control of condition of constructions and not to allow exceeding of the criteria of safe operation of constructions set by the project documentation;
4) timely to perform repair work and actions for elimination of the arisen violations in operating mode of the tailings dam and its constructions;
5) to carry out all nature protection actions and measures for prevention of dusting of tails provided by the project;
6) to observe requirements of these rules, the project documentation and production schedules.
22. In case of input of the tailings dam in operation I will eat around the water which is saved up in it there shall be no more than an amount sufficient for turnover water supply of the first start-up complex of production. Accumulating of excessive amount of water is allowed in case of reasons in the project documentation.
23. In settling pond of the tailings dam, in the place, convenient for observation, the water-measuring lath from non-deformable material with centimetric division for observation of water level in the tailings dam is established. Zero lath become attached to basic reference point. The critical mark of water level in pond is applied on water-measuring lath. The lath is established irrespective of availability of devices of remote control of water level.
24. Exceeding of mark of crest of dam of bulk tailings dams or mark of the surface beach at riding slope of dam of ridging of alluvial tailings dams over water level shall correspond to the project documentation during all useful life and provide at least 1,5 of m.
In some cases, proceeding from the sizes of pond, water amounts in it and specific service conditions of object, reduction of the specified values of excess of crest of dam over water level in pond is proved in the project documentation.
25. Length of the surface beach during all useful life of the alluvial tailings dam shall correspond to the set project documentation for each tier of alluvium, proceeding from general and filtrational stability of local slope of dam. In case of absence in the project documentation of controlled length of the surface beach, it is established within 20 - 50 m, depending on local conditions.
26. In case of release of pulp on the beach for modulation exception on crest and local slope of dam exceeding of crest of primary dam and dams of ridging at riding slope over the beach is provided in the amount of diameter of pulpovypusk, but m 0,5 suffices.
27. Dumping into the tailings dam of the sewage which is not provided by the project, warehousing of materials, accumulating of excessive amount of water in comparison with data in the project documentation is not allowed.
Dumping of water from the store in natural reservoirs without cleaning and neutralization is not allowed.
28. In case of operation of the tailings dam and in case of building-up of the protecting dams soil cut, the device of pits and ditches in the lower byef and on local slope of dam, in tailings dam bed within project mark of filling is not allowed. Development of soil on these sites is allowed in case of reasons in the project documentation.
All works connected with development and dredging on the operating tailings dam, not provided by the project documentation shall the leading designer's service of operation of this construction is carried out in coordination with the project organization.
29. Opportunity and conditions of carrying out explosive works around arrangement of the tailings dam are established by the project documentation.
Lump of explosives and separate steps of delay is determined by calculation, proceeding from permissible seismic loads for this tailings dam.
30. In places of entrances and possible approaches to tailings dams posters are established: "Danger area. Pass and entrance is prohibited strangers!".
31. Entrances on berma and crest of dam of the tailings dam are arranged at least, than through 2 km on its length, anyway on dam (dike) at least two entrances are arranged.
32. Use of crest and berm dams (dikes) for regular journey of motor transport and construction machines, except the cases provided by the project documentation is not allowed.
33. The possibility of journey of vehicles and circulation of people are determined by the beach by production schedules.
34. The protecting dikes, dams, channels, drainages, tunnels and distribution pulpovoda have the signs noting popiketno length of constructions, places of their crossing with the communications hidden underground or under water.
35. Dams (dike) on which there pass pressure head pulpovoda are provided with artificial lighting.
36. The watercrafts which are on the tailings dam shall have text with indication of load-carrying capacity, rescue means (lifebuoys or spheres, hempen rope) and scoops for water taking out.
Works on water are performed according to the work permit.
37. During the winter period without preliminary approbation pass on ice of settling pond, on insufficiently frozen surface deposits of tails is not allowed. Pass on ice less than 10 cm thick is not allowed.
Before work or crossing measurements of thickness of ice are taken. The distance between the next holes in the planned alignments is accepted within 10 m Promerochny holes on places are designated by milestones.
38. Movement of personnel and the organization of crossings for ice of the tailings dam is allowed at ice thickness, according to appendix 5 to these rules.
Ice durability decreases twice in the spring. When calculating only thickness of strong ice layers is accepted.
The specified thickness of ice belong to water with mineralization to 1000 mg/l.
Value of the allowed thickness of ice increases in time 1,1 in case of average air temperature minus 5 ° C for the last three days; in time 1,4 - at temperature of 0 ° C; in time 1,5 - at temperature over 0 ° C.
39. Works on ice are carried out on the project of the organization of works.
40. For personnel on duty in case of tailings dams the heated, electrified and provided telephone connection service premises which number and location is determined by the project documentation are equipped.
41. Construction of primary dams and dams of ridging of tailings dams is made according to the project documentation.
42. In case of construction and reconstruction of the tailings dams forming cascades of two compartments and more the protecting dams are dumped and increased from krupnooblomochny soil or rocky mountain weight with the device of antifiltrational elements in the form of vertical kernel or the inclined screen on riding slope. Building-up of dams of such tailings dams is made towards local slope.
In the absence of rocky vskrysha building-up of height of dams in the cascade is made only towards local slope, together with building-up of the screen.
The compartments forming the cascade have the reserve amounts sufficient for placement of the mud stream which is formed in case of destruction of dam of overlying compartment or have emergency spillway (channel) providing the omission and assignment of mud stream to the safe place.
43. In case of construction of primary dams and dams of ridging increase in the project steepness of slopes and exceeding of variation on width berm is not allowed.
Control measurements are made in process of construction of dam through each 50 m on its length. Variations immediately keep from the project sizes.
44. The priority and the sequence of dumping of overburden breeds in different zones of profile of dam are lashed to the schedule and technology of filling of the tailings dam. Dumping is made with observance of requirements of the project documentation.
45. In case of the device of dams from overburden breeds are controlled by method of otvaloobrazovaniye:
1) technology of stacking of soil in dam;
2) observance of the tiers set by the project documentation of height and the steepness of slopes;
3) the rates of building-up of dam and rise in water level set by the project documentation in the tailings dam.
46. On each queue of building-up or tier of alluvium of dam the executive documentation including is constituted:
1) shooting with drawing the project and actual sizes of dam, its elements and marks;
2) characteristic cross sections of dam;
3) results of geoengineering supervision during the dumping or alluvium of dam and alluvium of persistent prism;
4) acts for the hidden works.
47. Laying in body of dam of pressure head pulpovod and conduits is not allowed.
48. In case of violations of sploshnost of body of dam, considerable landslides of the slopes or deformations causing threat of break and spreading of water and tails from the tailings dam, dumping of pulp into it stops, water level goes down to minimum possible mark and actions according to PLA are carried out. The subsequent stacking of tails is allowed after full completion of repair work and acceptance by their commission with participation of representatives of the project organization.
49. The pulp leakage on crest and local slope of dam is not allowed. Leaks from the distribution pulpovod laid on dam are eliminated immediately.
50. When washing and emptying pulpovod release of pulp and water on local slope of dam (dike) is not allowed.
51. In case of emergence on berma and crest of dams of rainfall exceeding the sizes set by the project, longitudinal or cross cracks partial slipping of slopes dumping of pulp on this site stops, established deformation origin, and measures for recovery of body of dam are taken.
52. The local sags of dams causing danger of modulation of water through crest are closed up by soil from which the dam is poured out. Soil density in seal is provided not below the dam set in the project documentation for body.
53. The broken fixture of riding slope around settling pond is recovered in the shortest possible time by riprap from waterproof and frost-resistant stone, in coordination with the project organization.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.