of March 3, 2015 No. 119/2015
About the Constitutional Commission
For the purpose of development of the approved offers on changes in the Constitution of Ukraine with attraction to this work of representatives of different political forces, the public, the domestic and international expert circle, assistance to achievement of public and political consensus on enhancement of the constitutional regulation of the public relations in Ukraine, according to Item I decide 28 parts one of article 106 of the Constitution of Ukraine:
1. Form the Constitutional Commission as special facilitative branch in case of the President of Ukraine.
2. Approve Regulations on the Constitutional Commission it (is applied).
3. Suggest the Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine to head the Constitutional Commission.
4. Offer deputy fractions (deputy groups) in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, to the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the Supreme Court of Ukraine, the supreme specialized courts, Judicial council of Ukraine, associations of local government bodies, National academy of Sciences of Ukraine, National academy of legal sciences of Ukraine, law colleges and scientific institutions, legal public association, to provide to relevant international organizations till March 12, 2015 offers on candidates to structure of the Constitutional Commission.
President of Ukraine
P. A. Poroshenko
Approved by the Presidential decree of Ukraine of March 3, 2015 No. 119/2015
1. The constitutional Commission is special facilitative branch in case of the President of Ukraine.
2. The constitutional Commission in the activities is guided by the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine, international treaties of Ukraine, acts of the President of Ukraine, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, other acts of the legislation, and also this Provision.
3. Main objectives of the Constitutional Commission:
1) generalization of practice of accomplishment of regulations of the Constitution of Ukraine, offers on its enhancement taking into account modern challenges and requirements of society;
2) practices of the approved offers on carrying out the constitutional reform in Ukraine;
3) ensuring extensive public and professional discussion of offers on carrying out the constitutional reform in Ukraine with participation of leading experts in area constitutional and other branches of law, in the sphere of social and political sciences, public figures, representatives of public associations and international organizations;
4) preparation by results of extensive public and professional discussion of the bill (bills) of introduction of amendments to the Constitution of Ukraine;
5) assistance to adjustment of the effective mechanism of interaction of state bodies, institutes of civil society and international organizations for preparation and realization of the constitutional reform in Ukraine;
6) ensuring informing public on work on preparation of offers on carrying out the constitutional reform, its realization.
4. The constitutional Commission for accomplishment of the tasks assigned to it has the right in accordance with the established procedure:
1) to request and receive necessary information, documents and materials from state bodies, local government bodies, public associations, the companies, organizations, the organizations;
2) to create the working groups, other working bodies for development and study of the single questions which are within the competence of the Commission, to determine procedure for their work, to involve in such bodies of experts and specialists (respectively in their consent or in coordination with their heads), to coordinate and adjust work of the created working bodies, to hear their reports;
3) to invite to the meetings heads and representatives of state bodies, local government bodies, public associations, the companies, organizations, the organizations, higher educational institutions, domestic and foreign scientists-jurists, experts;
To attract 4) to consideration of the questions which are within the competence of the Commission, employees of executive bodies, the companies, organizations and the organizations (in coordination with their heads), and also independent experts (in their consent);
5) to organize holding scientific and scientific and practical conferences, symposiums, seminars, round tables, meetings, sociological polls, and also other actions for the questions which are within the competence of the Commission.
5. The constitutional Commission in the course of accomplishment of the tasks assigned to it cooperates with National council of reforms, interacts with other facilitative branches and services created by the President of Ukraine, state bodies, local government bodies, public associations, the companies, organizations, other organizations.
6. The constitutional Commission is formed as a part of the chairman, two vice-chairmen, the secretary and other members of the Constitutional commission who take part in its work on a voluntary basis.
The staff of the Constitutional Commission is approved by the President of Ukraine.
7. Chairman of the Constitutional Commission:
directs activities of the Commission, convokes and conducts its meetings, signs the decisions made by the Commission;
represents the Commission in interaction with other facilitative branches and services created by the President of Ukraine, state bodies, local government bodies, public associations, the companies, organizations, other organizations;
provides informing the public on activities of the Commission;
bears responsibility for accomplishment of the tasks assigned to the Commission.
In case of absence of the chairman of the Constitutional Commission its duties are fulfilled by one of vice-chairmen.
8. The secretary of the Constitutional Commission performs organizational support of activities of the Commission, preparation of the agenda and materials for its meetings, maintaining protocols of commission sessions.
In case of absence of the secretary of the Constitutional Commission its duties are fulfilled by his deputy.
9. The main organizational form of work of the Constitutional Commission are meetings which are held as required, but at least once in two months.
Commission session is authorized if at it there is at least a half from the approved structure of the commission.
Commission sessions are open for the present representatives of mass media on them.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.