of February 28, 2015 No. 185-V
About the organization and holding meetings, meetings, demonstrations and other mass actions
This Law is directed to realization of constitutional right of citizens of Turkmenistan peacefully to gather, to hold meetings, meetings, demonstrations and other mass actions, ensuring public safety when holding these actions.
For the purposes of this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) mass action - open, peace, available to everyone, the action held in the form of meeting, meeting, demonstration, street procession or picketing or in various combinations of these forms performed at the initiative of citizens of Turkmenistan, political parties, other public associations and the religious organizations including with use of vehicles. The purpose of mass action is free expression and forming of opinions, and also promotion of requirements for various questions of political, economic, cultural and other life of the country and to questions of foreign policy;
2) meeting - joint presence of citizens in the specially allotted or equipped for this purpose place for collective discussion of any socially significant questions;
3) meeting - mass presence of citizens in certain place for open expression of public opinion on topical issues of social and political nature;
4) demonstration - organized open expression of public opinion by group of citizens with use during movement of posters and other means of evident propaganda;
5) street procession - mass passing of citizens along in advance determined route for the purpose of drawing attention to any questions;
6) picketing - form of the open expression of opinions performed without movement and use of sound-amplifying technical means by placement at the picketed place of one or several citizens using posters and other means of evident propaganda;
7) the notification on holding mass action - the document by which the local executive body according to the procedure, established by this Law, is given information on holding mass action for safety and law and order in case of its carrying out;
8) regulations of holding mass action - the document containing the time schedule (the hourly plan) of the main parts of holding mass action with indication of persons responsible for carrying out each part and if the mass event will be held with use of vehicles, - information on use of vehicles;
9) the territories directly adjacent to buildings and other objects, - the parcels of land which borders are determined by solutions of local executive bodies according to the regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan governing the relations in the sphere of land management, land use and town planning.
1. The legislation of Turkmenistan on the organization and holding mass actions is based on the Constitution of Turkmenistan, the universally recognized norms of international law, international treaties of Turkmenistan and consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan governing the relations connected with the organization and holding mass actions.
In the cases provided by this Law, executive bodies adopt the regulatory legal acts aimed at providing conditions for holding mass action.
2. Holding mass action for the purpose of election propaganda and propaganda concerning referendum is regulated by this Law and the legislation of Turkmenistan on elections and referenda. Holding religious practices and ceremonies is regulated by the Law of Turkmenistan "About religious liberty and the religious organizations".
Holding mass action is based on the following principles:
1) legality - observance of provisions of the Constitution of Turkmenistan, this Law, other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan;
2) voluntariness of participation in mass action;
3) respect and observance of rights and freedoms of man and citizen.
Treat the organization of mass action:
1) the notification of possible participants of mass action and submission of the notification on holding mass action in the corresponding local executive body;
2) carrying out preliminary propaganda;
3) production and distribution of means of evident propaganda;
4) other actions which are not contradicting the legislation of Turkmenistan, made for the purpose of preparation and holding mass action.
1. One or several citizens of Turkmenistan, reached (reached) full age age, constantly living (living) in Turkmenistan, and also the political parties, other public associations and the religious organizations, their structural divisions which undertook the obligation on the organization and holding mass action can be the organizer of mass action.
2. Cannot be the organizer of mass action:
1) person recognized by court incapacitated or is limited capable, and also person containing according to the court verdict in places of detention;
2) person having not removed or unspent conviction, and also person subjected to administrative punishment - within year after administrative prosecution;
3) political party, other public association and the religious organization, their structural divisions which activities are suspended, stopped or forbidden or which are liquidated according to the procedure, established by the legislation of Turkmenistan.
3. The organizer of mass action has the right:
1) to hold mass event in places and in time which are specified in the notification on holding mass action or are changed as a result of coordination with body of the local executive authority;
2) to carry out preliminary propaganda in support of the purposes of mass action through mass media, by distribution of leaflets, production of posters and in other forms which are not contradicting the legislation of Turkmenistan;
3) to authorize certain participants of mass action to perform administrative functions on its organization and carrying out;
4) to organize collection of donations, signatures under requirements and other addresses of citizens;
To use 5) when holding mass action sound-amplifying technical means with the sound level conforming to the standards and regulations established in Turkmenistan;
6) to demand from the authorized representative of law-enforcement body to remove from the venue of mass action of persons who are not fulfilling legal requirements of the organizer of mass action.
To give 1) to local executive body the notification on holding mass action according to the procedure, the stipulated in Clause 7 these Laws;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.