It is registered
Ministry of Justice
Republic of Tajikistan
On January 6, 2015 No. 4
of December 31, 2014 No. 1169
About meetings, meetings, demonstrations and street processions
This Law governs the public relations connected with the organization and holding meetings, meetings, demonstrations, piketirovaniye and street processions in the territory of the Republic of Tajikistan and is aimed at providing realization of the right of citizens of the Republic of Tajikistan established by the Constitution of the Republic of Tajikistan (further - citizens) on participation in the specified actions.
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
- mass action - open, peace, available to everything, the action held in the form of meeting, meeting, demonstration, picketing and street procession or in various combinations of these forms performed at the initiative of citizens, political parties, public and religious associations;
- meeting - joint participation of citizens in in advance determined place and in in advance determined time for open discussion and the solution of any socially significant questions or expression of the relation to actions of persons and (or) organization activity, to social and political and social events, and also for the solution of the questions concerning common interests;
- meeting - mass participation of citizens in in advance determined place and in in advance determined time for open expression and (or) discussion of public opinion about the existing questions, attraction of public attention and attention of state bodies to social and political and social problems of life of citizens, and also presentations of claims to public authorities on the matters;
- demonstration - mass organized expression of general opinion by group of citizens and (or) presentations of claims concerning social and political life, disagreement or support of any initiative, actions or line item of state bodies, public associations, officials or citizens with use of posters, banners and other means of evident propaganda in in advance determined place and in in advance determined time;
- picketing - mass expression of social and political, group, private and other interests by the citizen or group of citizens or expression of disagreement (without street procession), including in the form of hunger strike on any question with use and without use of posters, banners and other means of evident propaganda by accommodation of the citizen or group of citizens near the picketed object in in advance determined place and in in advance determined time;
- street procession - organized mass movement of citizens along in advance determined route on pedestrian or carriageway (road), the avenue, the prospectus, the area for the purpose of drawing attention to any problems or mass expression of the social and political moods or protest;
- the organization of mass action - the notification of possible participants, filing of application about holding mass action in local executive bodies of the government, conducting preliminary propaganda, production and distribution of means of evident propaganda, and also other actions made for the purpose of preparation and holding mass action;
- regulations of holding mass action - the document containing the time schedule (the hourly plan) of the main stages of holding mass action with indication of persons responsible for carrying out each stage;
- the statement for holding mass action - the document by means of which it is reported to local executive bodies of the government according to the procedure, established by this Law, on holding mass action for the purpose of ensuring public order and public safety;
- the organizer of mass action - the citizen or group of citizens, the political parties, public and religious associations submitting the application for holding mass action to local executive body of the government and determining procedure for its carrying out (the purpose, date, time, the place, form of carrying out and other conditions);
- representatives of the organizer of mass action are citizens to whom the organizer of mass action assigns certain powers and administrative functions, including on providing procedure when holding mass action, to technical supply and other powers;
- the participant of mass action - the citizen who is during mass action in the place of its carrying out and whose behavior and actions are directly specified support of the purposes of this mass action and intentions of organizers of mass action;
- the open public place - the lands public occupied with squares, streets, sidewalks, drives, roads, embankments, parks, squares, boulevards including the territories adjacent to buildings of state bodies and organizations where the open entry is not forbidden and is not limited;
- specially adapted places - buildings, constructions and the territories which are functionally intended for holding the relevant activities, and also used by the owner, the lessee or other legal user at discretion according to the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan;
- the plenipotentiary of local executive bodies of the government - one of vice-chairmen of the Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region, area, the city of Dushanbe, the city or the area who is directly participating in the course of holding mass actions and approving actions for holding mass actions;
- the plenipotentiary of law-enforcement bodies - one of deputy chief of law-enforcement body (regional, city and district) or the head of the security department of public order on which site there takes place the mass action and on this matter in the relevant management or Department of Internal Affairs is published the order;
- representatives of mass media are the representatives of the state, non-state or accredited foreign mass media who are present at mass action and distributing information on him.
The legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan on meetings, meetings, demonstrations and street processions is based on the Constitution of the Republic of Tajikistan and consists of this Law, other regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Tajikistan, and also the international legal acts recognized by Tajikistan.
1. Operation of this Law extends to the organization and holding mass actions outside the territory or the rooms belonging, the organizer of mass action leased or being in other legal use, and also to participation of citizens in them.
2. Restrictions concerning the organization and holding mass actions, and also participation of citizens in them are established by this Law and other regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Tajikistan.
3. Operation of this Law does not extend:
- on the events held in specially adapted places;
- on meetings (conferences) and meetings of labor collectives, meetings (plenums, congresses, conferences) of labor unions, political parties, the public and religious associations which are carried out according to the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan, their charters and provisions;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.