of May 4, 2013 No. 389-IV
About Frontier of Turkmenistan
Frontier of Turkmenistan (further - Frontier) - the line and the vertical plane passing across this line, the determining limits of the state territory (sushi, subsoil, waters and airspace) Turkmenistan, that is spatial limit of action of the state sovereignty of Turkmenistan.
Turkmenistan in case of establishment and change of the Frontier, maintenance of the relations with the adjacent states, and also regulation of legal relationship in border areas and on the ways of the international messages is guided by the principles:
1) safety of Turkmenistan and international security;
2) mutually beneficial cooperation with foreign states;
3) peaceful resolution of boundary questions.
1. The legislation of Turkmenistan on Frontier aimed at providing sovereignty and safety of Turkmenistan on Frontier is based on the Constitution of Turkmenistan and consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan.
2. If the international treaty of Turkmenistan establishes other rules than provided by this Law, then rules of the international treaty are applied.
1. The frontier is established in the following procedure:
1) on the land - on characteristic points and lines of land relief or it is clear to visible reference points;
2) at the sea - on external limit of the territorial sea of Turkmenistan;
3) on the navigable rivers - on the middle of the main channel of the river; on the non-navigable rivers (streams) - on their middle or on the middle of the main sleeve of the river; on lakes and other reservoirs - in a straight line, the Frontier connecting exits to coast of reservoir. The frontier passing down the river (stream), the lake or other reservoir does not move as in case of change of outlines of their coast or water level, and in case of variation of the bed of the river (stream) to this or that party;
4) on water storage basins and other artificial reservoirs - according to the Frontier passing on the area before their filling with water;
5) on railway and road bridges, dikes and other constructions - on the middle of these constructions or on their technological axis irrespective of passing of Frontier on water.
2. Coastal waters of the Caspian Sea 12 nautical miles wide belong to the territorial sea of Turkmenistan. Nautical miles are counted from the line of the greatest outflow, both on the continent, and on the islands belonging to Turkmenistan or from the direct initial lines connecting the corresponding points. Geographical coordinates of these points affirm the President of Turkmenistan.
3. The islands which are again formed within the territorial sea of Turkmenistan are part of the territory of Turkmenistan.
4. The frontier in the water area of the Caspian Sea where it does not adjoin to the territorial sea of the adjacent states, is established on external limit of the territorial sea of Turkmenistan.
5. External limits of sea economic zone of Turkmenistan are determined by international treaties of Turkmenistan.
6. Treat internal waters of Turkmenistan:
1) waters of Garabogazsky, Turkmenbashinsky and Turkmen gulfs in the Caspian Sea;
2) the waters of the ports of Turkmenistan limited to the straight line passing through the points of hydraulic engineering and other constructions of ports which are most removed towards the sea;
3) waters of the rivers, lakes and other reservoirs which coast belong to Turkmenistan, to Frontier.
7. The frontier is established and changes the decisions Hulk of Maslakhata Millie Gengesha of Turkmenistan made based on interstate agreements of Turkmenistan.
1. Protection of Frontier as component of the state system of ensuring national security consists in coordinated actions of state bodies on acceptance by them within the powers of political, military, operational search, diplomatic, customs, economic, ecological and other measures.
2. Protection of Frontier as component of protection of Frontier consists in implementation of legal, organizational, army, operational search, customs, technical, information measures of permanent nature on detection and prevention of the conditions, processes and factors interfering realization of the national interests or creating for them danger on Frontier.
3. Protection of Frontier is assigned to state bodies within their powers established by the laws of Turkmenistan.
4. Protection of Frontier on the land, the sea, the rivers (streams) and other reservoirs, and also in sea economic zone of Turkmenistan is assigned to the State Border Service of Turkmenistan and performed by control in boundary space of observance by all physical persons and legal entities of international treaties on the mode of Frontier and the legislation of Turkmenistan on boundary questions.
5. Protection of airspace is performed by Armed Forces of Turkmenistan.
6. Protection of the territory of Turkmenistan from drift of various diseases, wreckers of plants and weeds is performed by the Ministry of Health and the Medical Industry of Turkmenistan, the Public veterinary service under the Ministry of Agriculture and Environment of Turkmenistan and the State inspectorate for quarantine of plants of the Ministry of Agriculture and Environment of Turkmenistan, the Public sanitary and epidemiologic service of the Ministry of Health and the Medical Industry of Turkmenistan.
7. Protection of economic interests of Turkmenistan on Frontier is performed by the State Customs Service of Turkmenistan.
8. Citizens and the non-state organizations within their rights determined by regulatory legal acts and international treaties of Turkmenistan can take part in protection and protection of Frontier.
1. The frontier on the area is designated clearly by visible border markers.
2. Forms of border markers and their description affirm the President of Turkmenistan.
On columns of the main border markers images of the State Emblem of Turkmenistan, and also the dispersing golden olive branches symbolizing the world and permanent neutrality of Turkmenistan are placed.
3. The sizes of border markers, procedure for their installation and content are determined by the international treaties signed or recognized by Turkmenistan.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.