of December 20, 2014 No. 159-V
About legal regulation of development of the Internet and rendering Internet services in Turkmenistan
This Law determines the legal basis of regulation of the relations connected with development of the Internet in Turkmenistan and establishes the legal basis of activities in the field of rendering Internet services in the territory of Turkmenistan.
1. For the purposes of this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) regulation of development of the Internet in Turkmenistan – development and use by the state of the principles, precepts of law, organizational rules and technical procedures of development of the Internet in Turkmenistan based on which in the country provision of Internet services is performed;
2) national network segment the Internet – set of the domains recognized as national domains according to the procedure, established by the legislation of Turkmenistan, the Internet resources located in other domains or which are not relating to any domains, Internet services of hosting, it are provided to which in the territory of Turkmenistan, and also the network of telecommunication communication of Turkmenistan providing Internet access;
3) the national domain of the top (first) level – the domain which name is provided by the code of Turkmenistan approved by International Organization for Standardization (ISO 3166-2). For Turkmenistan the national top-level domain has designation ". TM" is also property of Turkmenistan. Control of the domain ". TM" is performed from the territory of Turkmenistan;
4) the national domain of the second level – the domain which name includes name of national top-level domain (". TM") and own name; GOV.TM, EDU.TM, COM. TM and others are national domains of Turkmenistan of the second level;
4-1) domain of the third level – the domain consisting of name of the national domain of the second level and own name;
4-2) The national coordinator – the legal entity determined by the Turkmenaragatnasyk Agency of the Agency of transport and communications under the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan, exercising control of national domains of the second level for the benefit of the Turkmen and world Internet users and providing functioning of the database;
5) the National logger – the legal entity determined by the National coordinator, performing registration of domain names in national top-level domain (". TM"), maintaining the database of the registered domain names and rendering hosting Internet services;
6) the operator of services of the Internet – the physical person or legal entity performing activities for providing users of Turkmenistan with Internet access and (or) other services rendered with use of Internet technologies. The telecom operator and (or) the Internet service provider can act as the operator of services of the Internet in Turkmenistan;
7) Internet services – services which rendering is performed by transfer or acceptance of data on channels of the Internet;
8) data – information presented in the formalized form providing possibility of its storage, processing and transfer;
9) the Internet user – person using the terminal equipment connected to the Internet for the purpose of acceptance or data transmission;
10) services of connection to the Internet – actions or activities for connection of the terminal equipment belonging to the Internet user on the property right or other right to the Internet;
11) the terminal equipment – the technical means of forming of signals of telecommunication connected to subscriber lines and being in use of subscribers for transfer or acceptance by subscribers of data on channels of network of telecommunication;
12) e-mail Internet services – actions or activities for address assignment to the Internet user and priyemuyo data to this address, and also to storage and sending the data directed by the Internet user or which came to its address;
13) hosting Internet services – provision to users (remote computers) of part of server space and the software in the Internet, and also maintenance rabotosposobnostiyo the user website on Web servers;
14) the addressee – physical person or legal entity to which the Internet this on channels is transferred.
2. The conventional international concepts used for the purposes of this Law:
1) the Internet – the global information and telecommunications network connecting information systems and networks of telecommunication of the different countries by means of global address space, based on use of complexes of Internet protocols (Internet Protocol, IP) and the data transfer protocol (Transmission Control Protocol, TCP) and the giving sales opportunity of different forms of communication, including placement of information for the unrestricted group of people;
2) information telekommunikayotsionnaya network – complex (set) of telecommunication communication and means of the electronic and computing (computer) equipment which provides collection, processing, storage, accumulating and rasprostraneniyeyo to information;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.