of September 10, 2014 No. 61
About approval of the Application guide of the best available technologies for emission (dumping/emission) of waste waters of the food industry
For the purpose of implementation of provisions of the Art. 36 part (2) the Law on water No. 272 of December 23, 2011 on use of the best available technologies for processing of liquid waste and their drains in the industry of PRIKAZYVAYU:
Approve the Application guide of the best available technologies for emission (emission/dumping) of waste waters of the food industry according to appendix.
Minister of the environment
to the Order of the minister of the environment of the Republic of Moldova of September 10, 2014 No. 61
The present manual represents the basis necessary for implementation of the Directive of November 24, 2010 No. 2010/75/EU of the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union about industrial emissions (about complex prevention of pollution and control over it) published in the Official magazine of the European Union (OZh L 334, 17.12. 2010, page 17) and for implementation of Article 10 of October 23, 2000 the Water Framework Directive 2000/60/EU of the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union of establishment of basis for activities of community in the field of water policy (OZh L 327, 22.12. 2000, page 1.).
1. Proceeding from the above, rules about complex prevention and control of the pollution arising from productive activity are established. Thus, it establishes the procedure of permission and certain requirements in particular concerning emission to avoid or reduce the emissions contaminating air, water and the earth, and also waste from industrial and agricultural facilities for the purpose of achievement of high level of environment protection and health.
Thus, industrial enterprises will be operated according to the following principles:
a) proper preventive measures on pollution abatement are taken;
b) the best available technologies (BAT) are applied;
c) there is no considerable pollution;
d) waste is reduced, processed or utilized by the most not contaminating method;
e) energy is used effectively;
f) necessary measures for the prevention of accidents and restriction of their effects are taken;
g) after the final termination of types of activity necessary measures for the prevention of any contamination hazard and recovery of the site of operation to satisfactory condition are taken.
2. The best available technologies (BAT) developed so that to provide their application in the relevant industrial sectors, on economically and technically viable conditions shall be applied to achievement of high level of environment protection in general on industrial enterprises.
3. (a) NDT are determined as the most effective and advanced stage of development of types of activity and methods of their implementation which testifies to practical suitability of certain technologies for observance of threshold these emissions / dumpings (PDV/PDS) and other conditions of the permissions directed to prevention or if it is impracticable, on decrease in emissions and environmental impact in general: "Technologies" include as the used technologies, and methods of designing, construction, servicing, functioning and conclusion of installation from operation;
(b) "available technologies" mean the technologies which are rather developed for implementation in the corresponding industries on economically and technically viable conditions taking into account costs and benefits irrespective of their use or production in the territory of the Republic of Moldova if they are adequately available to operators;
(c) "best" mean the most effective technologies allowing to reach the high general level of environment protection in general.
4. All dumpings into surface waters are subject to control according to the combined approach that means that creation and/or control on emission on the basis of the best available technologies based on corresponding to PDV/PDS shall be provided. In case the purpose of quality or the quality standard imposes more strict conditions, than those which would be result of application of NDT, more strict control of emissions will be established properly.
5. In case of determination of the best available technologies will be considered, considering costs and benefits of any measure and the principle of precaution, the following:
a) use of low-waste technology;
b) use of less dangerous substances;
c) assistance of recuperation and recirculation of the substances which are formed during engineering procedure and in appropriate cases of waste;
d) comparable processes, installations or methods of operation which with success were experienced commercially;
e) technical achievements and changes in the field of scientific knowledge and understanding;
f) nature, impacts and amount of the corresponding emissions;
g) terms of commissioning of the new or existing installations;
h) period of time which is necessary for implementation of the best available methods;
i) consumption and nature of the raw products (including water) used in process and also energy efficiency;
j) need of prevention or reduction to minimum of general impact of emissions by the environment and the risks arising for it;
k) need of accident prevention and minimizing of their effects for the environment;
l) information published by the national and international organizations.
6. Basic elements in part which is responsible for prevention reducing and control of pollution are SNDT (BREF) reference documents which submit the document received owing to exchange of information of the Directive 2010/75/EU organized based on Article 13, developed for the established actions and which describes the applied technologies, the actual emissions and consumption levels, technologies which were put under observation for determination of the best admissible technologies, and also conclusions of NDT and any arising technologies, paying special attention to the above-stated criteria.
7. "Conclusions of NDT" refer to the document which is part of PDV/PDS of the reference document which establishes conclusions about the best available technologies, their description, information for assessment of their applicability, emission levels connected with the best admissible technologies, the connected monitoring, the connected consumption levels and, if necessary, adequate measures of recovery of the site.
8. When providing permission for installation the competent authority – without recommendation of use of the special equipment, but taking into account engineering characteristics of installation, and also its geographical location and local conditions of the environment – will determine PDV/PDS which would guarantee that in standard conditions of work emissions do not exceed the emission levels connected with the best available methods as they are provided in conclusions of NDT.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.