of November 8, 2014 No. 141-V
This Law establishes the legal basis of regulation of the relations between publishers, manufacturers, distributors and consumers of printed materials.
For the purposes of this Law the following basic concepts are applied:
1) publishing – the economy industry covering organizational and creative and production economic activity of the legal entities and physical persons which are engaged in preparation, production, release and distribution of printed materials;
2) printed materials – the editions intended for consumers irrespective of circulation and method of their production, except for periodic printing editions, which legal regulation osushchestvlyaetsyayo according to the legislation of Turkmenistan on mass media;
3) the edition – set of copies of the same product of printing production (books, brochures, albums, posters, booklets, cards and other products) which had publishing training and contains information intended for distribution, printed from the same typographical set and made by printing, stamping or in a different way according to state standards and other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan of rather publishing registration, printing and technical accomplishment;
4) the publisher – the physical or legal (publishing house) person performing publishing activities.
Person for whom the publishing activities are not the main or is not the main source of the income can be equated to the publisher physical or legal (the publishing organization);
5) publishing house – specialized enterprise which core activity are the publishing activities;
6) the publishing organization – the company, organization or the organization which charters along with other types of activity provide publishing activities;
7) publishing activities – activities for publishing preparation and appearance of printed materials;
8) publishing preparation of printed materials – editorial processing of author's material, its technical and art editing, registration and creation of the prototype of the edition;
9) appearance of printed materials – issue of circulation of printed materials;
10) the editorial office of publishing house – structural division or the employee (employees) of publishing house (or the publishing organization) performing editing and other preparation of printed materials for release;
11) editing – enhancement by the publisher of the author's material which arrived to the publisher based on the order made to the author (originator) or on representation of the author (originator) with the consent of the author (originator) from the scientific, literary, technical point of view and preparation it to the edition with introduction of reducings, changes, amendments and amendments;
12) the manufacturer of printed materials – physical or legal (the printing company) person performing printing activities;
13) printing activities – activities for production of printed materials;
14) production of printed materials – reproduction production engineering procedure by certain circulation of the publishing original of printed materials printing or other technical means;
15) circulation – the number of the made copies;
16) the distributor of printed materials – the physical person or legal entity which is engaged in distribution of printed materials with the conclusion of the agreement with the publisher or on other bases, stipulated by the legislation Turkmenistan;
17) distribution of printed materials – bringing printed materials to the consumer as through retail chain stores, and other methods by application of different forms of its alienation (sale, subscription, distribution);
18) the book-selling company – the specialized enterprise of retail chain stores enabling the realization of printed materials;
19) the consumer of printed materials – physical persons and legal entities irrespective of patterns of ownership;
20) the customer of printed materials – physical person or legal entity which orders printed materials, assuming financial liabilities;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.