of August 25, 2014 No. 700
About approval of the Concept about the principles of open government data
Based on article 2 of the Law on ratification of the Financial agreement between the Republic of Moldova and International Development Association for project implementation "E-conversion of management" No. 173 of July 28, 2011 (The official monitor of the Republic of Moldova, 2011, Art. No. 131-133, 425), Item b) parts (1) article 11 of the Law on reuse of information of the public sector No. 305 of December 26, 2012 (The official monitor of the Republic of Moldova, 2013, Art. No. 64-68, 197) DECIDES: the Government
1. Approve the Concept about the principles of open government data it (is applied).
2. To provide to the ministries, other central administrative authorities subordinated to the Government and organizational structures falling within the scope of their competence (subordinated administrative authorities, public organizations and the state companies in which the ministry or other central administrative authority act as the founder), and also autonomous public organizations within the provided competence accomplishment of regulations of the Concept on the principles of open government data.
3. To impose control over the implementation of this Resolution on the State office.
minister of information technologies and communications
Approved by the Order of the Government of the Republic of Moldova of August 25, 2014 No. 700
1. In the Republic of Moldova the initiative of open data was announced in April, 2011 when the portal of open government data – www.date.gov.md for the purpose of promotion of transparency, administrative efficiency, public responsibility and economic potential of reuse was created. This initiative was announced within realization of the principles of the dug-out government that is one of pillars of the Strategic program of the technological upgrade of management (E-conversion) approved by the Order of the Government No. 710 of September 20, 2011.
2. The idea of open management was supported at the disposal of the Prime Minister No. 43 of April 29, 2011 according to which it was entrusted to public organizations to place monthly on the portal of open data three data sets and to update already existing data. For the purpose of development of economic potential of government data the Law on reuse of information of the public sector No. 305 of December 26, 2012, and then and the Order of the Government No. 886 of November 8, 2013 "About approval of Methodological regulations on application of the Law No. 305 of December 26, 2012 on reuse of information of the public sector" which eliminate obstacles in access and reuse of open data and open information was adopted. Besides, in the context of implementation of the Law No. 305 of December 26, 2012 the working group consisting of representatives of bodies of the central public management who are responsible for reuse of public data and publication of information on the single government portal of open data was created.
3. At the international level more and more governments join initiative of open data, starting portals of open data or approving the proper regulatory base. In 2012 within Partnership of the open governments the majority of the countries pushed national obligations in the field of open data, and in 2013 the G8 country (G8) signed the Charter of open data (Open Data Charter). For the purpose of harmonization of the regulatory base with development of open data the European Union entered to the Directive 2003/98/EU on reuse of information from the public sector of the correction for increase in potential of public information and use of these resources in the most effective way. The law No. 305 of December 26, 2012 was drafted according to the last edition of the European Union directive about reuse of public information.
4. Open government data provide the huge potential for economic development. Open data can promote improvement of public services to both more transparent and responsible management. Access to open data allows persons and the organizations to develop and generate the new ideas and services having social and economic impact.
5. For clearer vision we will address the international experience in the field of open data. According to the report on open data which was published in October, 2013 "by McKinsey Global Institute (Open Data: Unlocking innovation and performance with liquid information), is expected that only 7 areas (education, transport, electricity, mass sales items, oil and gas, health care and consumer loans) are capable to generate for world economy value added in the amount of 3.2 to 5.4 trillion US dollars a year thanks to open data, as a result there were hundreds of entrepreneurial projects which promoted creation of new goods and services, and also increase in efficiency and effectiveness of transactions.
As showed the research (Revie of recent studies on PSI re-use and related market development) conducted in 2011, the cost of the market of information in the public sector of the European Union constituted 28 billion euros, and the annual profit in connection with opening of information and simplification of access to it is equal according to forecasts about 40 billion euros.
6. Public data differ in high economic value if number of the general principles and such data is observed are open for reuse. World Wide Web Consortium in 2009 established the general principles of open government data which were adopted afterwards by the governments and are included in internal documents the politician in the field of open data.
7. In the Republic of Moldova the principles of open data are established by the Concept about the principles of open government data (further – the Concept). They determine process of publication of open government data by the ministries, other central administrative authorities and organizational structures subordinated to the Government which are in the field of their competence (subordinated administrative authorities, public organizations and the state companies in which the ministry or other central administrative authority acts as the founder), and also autonomous administrative authorities (further – public bodies and organizations) for providing to citizens of the right to open entry to public data and on their reuse according to law provisions.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.