Joint statement of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan I. A. Karimov and President of the Republic of Kazakhstan N. A. Nazarbayev
of November 16, 2001
By the invitation of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan N. A. Nazarbayev the official visit of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan I. A. Karimov to the Republic of Kazakhstan took place on November 16-17, 2001.
Presidents of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Republic of Kazakhstan, having comprehensively discussed process of bilateral cooperation, situation in Central Asia, and also having exchanged opinions on number of the key international and regional problems which are of mutual interest
expressing the mutual aspiration to develop the mutually beneficial cooperation which is equitable to interests of both states and important in strengthening good-neighbourhood and friendship between two fraternal peoples in the 21st century
being guided by provisions of the Contract on eternal friendship between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Republic of Kazakhstan of October 31, 1998,
proceeding from historical and cultural community of the people of two countries,
declare the following:
1. Presidents of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Republic of Kazakhstan confirmed the invariable commitment to comprehensive and consecutive building-up and strengthening of the interstate interaction which is equitable to radical interests of both states, being important factor of the international stability and cooperation in the Central Asian region.
2. Attaching importance to safety and stability in the region, Heads of states confirmed relevance of further development and deepening of cooperation in fight against the international terrorism, political and religious extremism, separatism, transnational organized crime and other threats of stability and safety in the region within the Contract between the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Tajikistan and the Republic of Uzbekistan on collateral actions on fight against terrorism, political and religious extremism, transnational organized crime and other threats of stability and safety of the Parties of April 21, 2000 and other arrangements.
3. Heads of states noted importance of signing during this visit of the Contract between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Republic of Kazakhstan about the Uzbek-Kazakhstan Frontier and agreed that the Uzbek-Kazakhstan frontier shall remain border of the friendship, neighborliness and cooperation combining fraternal peoples of Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan.
Presidents of Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan supported carrying out the joint and coordinated actions of law enforcement, boundary, customs authorities and intelligence agencies of two countries for ensuring due control on the Uzbek-Kazakhstan frontier.
4. Presidents of Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan with satisfaction noted the positive beginning and successful development of cooperation within the Shanghai Cooperation Organization and supported further activation of interaction within this forum.
5. Stating availability of considerable capacity of two countries, Presidents of Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan agreed to assist deepening of trade and economic cooperation, including creation of different joint forms of business of interaction in this direction, and charged to the relevant state bodies of the countries to provide creation of most favored nation treatment for mutually beneficial cooperation of business entities of two states.
6. Heads of states expressed consensus that implementation of the Contract between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Republic of Kazakhstan about deepening of economic cooperation for 1998-2005 and Programs of economic cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Republic of Kazakhstan for 1998-2005 of October 31, 1998 will promote further strengthening of bilateral interaction in different spheres for the benefit of the people of both countries.
7. Presidents of Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan attach importance to holding further regular meetings at the highest and high levels and to deepening of cooperation between state bodies, including within the Joint intergovernmental commission on bilateral cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Republic of Kazakhstan.
8. Heads of states welcome development of regional and border contacts and charge to the Governments of two states to take measures for enhancement of the legal basis of their further expansion and strengthening.
9. Presidents of Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan are convinced that the coordinated and coordinated actions for rational and joint use of water objects, water resources and water management constructions in Central Asia on the basis of the conventional principles and rules of international law will form basis for further development of mutually beneficial cooperation in the region.
Presidents charged to the Governments to accelerate consideration of question of creation of the regional mechanism on effective management of transboundary water resources.
10. Heads of states, attaching importance to elimination of effects of environmental disaster in the region of the Aral Sea, confirmed relevance of further strengthening of interaction in the solution of this problem.
11. Presidents emphasized priority nature of cooperation in the humanitarian area, including science, culture, education, interaction in the field of information, activation of contacts between public organizations.
12. Presidents charged to the Governments of two states to consider within the Joint intergovernmental commission on bilateral cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Republic of Kazakhstan questions on further deepening of cooperation in economic and cultural and humanitarian areas, and also preparation of packet of necessary bilateral documents in the specified areas.
13. The parties emphasize that the taken place constructive and fruitful negotiations made positive contribution to further building-up traditionally brotherly, good-neighbourhood and mutually beneficial cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Republic of Kazakhstan.
14. The president of the Republic of Uzbekistan I. A. Karimov expressed gratitude for the warm, hearty welcome accorded by the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan N. A. Nazarbayev on the Kazakhstan earth and invited to pay to the Republic of Uzbekistan official visit to time, convenient for it. The invitation with gratitude was accepted. Terms of visit will be coordinated through diplomatic channels.
Republic of Uzbekistan
I. A. Karimov
Republic of Kazakhstan
N. A. Nazarbayev
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.