of August 14, 2014 No. 1644-VII
Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine,
proceeding from provisions of the Constitution of Ukraine, the Declaration on the state sovereignty of Ukraine and the universally international standards and rules,
stating that priorities of national interests of Ukraine is, in particular, providing constitutional rights and freedoms of man and citizen, protection of the state sovereignty, territorial integrity and immunity of frontiers, non-admission of intervention in internal affairs of Ukraine, development of equal mutually beneficial relations with other states of the world for the benefit of Ukraine,
declaring that direct or indirect intervention in internal and foreign affairs of Ukraine under any pretext is inadmissible,
understanding need of immediate and effective response to the available and potential hazards to national interests and homeland security of Ukraine, including hostile actions, armed attack of other states or non-state educations, damnification of life and to health of the population, taking of hostages, expropriation of property of the state, physical persons and legal entities, task of property losses and creation of obstacles for sustainable economic development, full implementation by citizens of Ukraine of the rights and freedoms belonging to them,
adopted such law:
1. For the purpose of protection of national interests, homeland security, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine, counteraction of terrorist activities, and also prevention of violation, recovery of the violated rights, freedoms and legitimate interests of citizens of Ukraine, societies and the states can be applied special economic and other restrictive events (further - sanctions).
2. Sanctions can be applied from Ukraine in relation to foreign state, the foreign legal entity, the legal entity, the foreign legal entity who is under control or physical nonresident person, foreigners, stateless persons, and also the subjects performing terrorist activities.
3. Application of sanctions does not exclude application of other measures of protection of national interests, homeland security, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine, her economic independence, the rights, freedoms and legitimate interests of citizens of Ukraine, society and the state.
1. The legal basis of application of sanctions is constituted by the Constitution of Ukraine, the international agreements of Ukraine which consent to be bound is provided by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, the laws of Ukraine, regulations of the President of Ukraine, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the decision of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, the corresponding principles and rules of international law.
1. The bases for application of sanctions are:
1) actions of foreign state, foreign legal entity or physical person, other subjects which create real and/or potential hazards to national interests, homeland security, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine promote terrorist activities and/or violate rights and freedoms of man and citizen, interests of society and state, lead to occupation of the territory, expropriation or ownership limitation, tasks of property losses, creation of obstacles for sustainable economic development, full implementation by citizens of Ukraine of the rights and freedoms belonging to them;
3) decisions and regulations of the Council of the European Union;
4) facts of violations of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Articles of organization of the United Nations.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.