of August 14, 2014 No. 1644-VII
Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine,
proceeding from provisions of the Constitution of Ukraine, the Declaration on the state sovereignty of Ukraine and the universally international standards and rules,
stating that priorities of national interests of Ukraine is, in particular, providing constitutional rights and freedoms of man and citizen, protection of the state sovereignty, territorial integrity and immunity of frontiers, non-admission of intervention in internal affairs of Ukraine, development of equal mutually beneficial relations with other states of the world for the benefit of Ukraine,
declaring that direct or indirect intervention in internal and foreign affairs of Ukraine under any pretext is inadmissible,
understanding need of immediate and effective response to the available and potential hazards to national interests and homeland security of Ukraine, including hostile actions, armed attack of other states or non-state educations, damnification of life and to health of the population, taking of hostages, expropriation of property of the state, physical persons and legal entities, task of property losses and creation of obstacles for sustainable economic development, full implementation by citizens of Ukraine of the rights and freedoms belonging to them,
adopted such law:
1. For the purpose of protection of national interests, homeland security, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine, counteraction of terrorist activities, and also prevention of violation, recovery of the violated rights, freedoms and legitimate interests of citizens of Ukraine, societies and the states can be applied special economic and other restrictive events (further - sanctions).
2. Sanctions can be applied from Ukraine in relation to foreign state, the foreign legal entity, the legal entity, the foreign legal entity who is under control or physical nonresident person, foreigners, stateless persons, and also the subjects performing terrorist activities.
3. Application of sanctions does not exclude application of other measures of protection of national interests, homeland security, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine, her economic independence, the rights, freedoms and legitimate interests of citizens of Ukraine, society and the state.
1. The legal basis of application of sanctions is constituted by the Constitution of Ukraine, the international agreements of Ukraine which consent to be bound is provided by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, the laws of Ukraine, regulations of the President of Ukraine, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the decision of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, the corresponding principles and rules of international law.
1. The bases for application of sanctions are:
1) actions of foreign state, foreign legal entity or physical person, other subjects which create real and/or potential hazards to national interests, homeland security, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine promote terrorist activities and/or violate rights and freedoms of man and citizen, interests of society and state, lead to occupation of the territory, expropriation or ownership limitation, tasks of property losses, creation of obstacles for sustainable economic development, full implementation by citizens of Ukraine of the rights and freedoms belonging to them;
3) decisions and regulations of the Council of the European Union;
4) facts of violations of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Articles of organization of the United Nations.
2. Application of sanctions is based on the principles of legality, transparency, objectivity, compliance of the purpose and efficiency.
3. The basis for application of sanctions also is making by foreign state, the foreign legal entity, the legal entity who is under control of the foreign legal entity or physical nonresident person, the foreigner, the stateless person, and also subjects who perform terrorist activities, the actions specified in Item of 1 part one of this Article concerning other state, citizens or legal entities of the last.
2) restriction of trading activities;
3) restriction, partial or complete cessation of transit of resources, flights and transportations on the territory of Ukraine;
4) prevention of conclusion of the capitals out of limits of Ukraine;
5) suspension of execution of economic and financial liabilities;
6) cancellation or suspension of licenses and other permissions, obtaining (availability) of which is condition for implementation of certain type of activity, in particular, of cancellation or suspensions of action of special permissions to use of natural resources;
7) prohibition of participation in privatization, lease of state-owned property by residents of foreign state and persons who are directly or indirectly controlled by residents of foreign state or are effective in their interests;
8) will lock uses of radio-frequency resource of Ukraine;
9) restriction or termination of provision of telecommunication services and use of telecommunication networks public;
10) prohibition of implementation public and safety of purchases of goods, works and services at legal resident persons of foreign state of the state pattern of ownership and legal entities whose share of the authorized capital is in property of foreign state, and also public and safety of purchases at other subjects of managing which perform sales of goods, works, services as origin from foreign state to which sanctions according to this Law are applied;
11) prohibition or restriction of calling of foreign not public vessels and warships to the territorial sea of Ukraine, its internal waters, ports and aircrafts in airspace of Ukraine or implementation of landing to the territories of Ukraine;
12) total or partial ban of transactions with securities which issuers are persons to whom sanctions according to this Law are applied;
13) prohibition of issue of permissions, licenses of the National Bank of Ukraine for implementation of investments into foreign state, placement of currency values on accounts and deposits in the territory of foreign state;
14) the termination of issue of permissions, licenses for import to Ukraine from foreign state or export from Ukraine of currency values and restriction of cash disbursement on the payment cards emitted by residents of foreign state;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.