of May 29, 2003
About regulations on bodies of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization
Heads of state members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization solved:
Approve regulations on Council of heads of states, Council of Heads of Government (Prime Ministers), Council of Foreign Ministers, Council of national coordinators, Meetings of heads of the ministries and/or departments and the Secretariat of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
President of the Republic
People's Republic of China
Republic of Tajikistan
Republic of Uzbekistan
Approved by the solution of Chapters of state members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization of May 29, 2003
Council of Chapters of state members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (further - Council) according to Articles 4 and 5 of the Charter of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization of June 7, 2002 (daleekhartiya) is the supreme body of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (further - SCO or the Organization).
Council performs the activities on the basis of the Charter, according to this Provision and taking into account other documents accepted within SCO.
Council performs the following functions:
- considers and determines strategy, perspectives and priorities of development of multidimensional cooperation and activities of SCO, including decision making about development and signing of the relevant international contractual acts within SCO, and also with other international organizations and the states;
- makes the decisions of basic nature directed to realization of the purposes and tasks of the Organization as they are determined in the Charter, including questions of holding Meetings of heads of the ministries and/or departments of state members of the Organization for consideration of specific questions of development of interaction in the respective areas within SCO;
- resolves matters of principle of the internal device and functioning of SCO and its permanent bodies, interactions of SCO with other international organizations and the states;
- appoints the Executive secretary of SCO and relieves him of the post;
- appoints the Director of Executive committee of Regional anti-terrorist structure of SCO (further - RATS) and his deputies, and also exempts them from posts;
- makes decisions on organization and the termination of activities of bodies of SCO;
- makes decisions concerning expansion of structure of SCO, provision to other international organizations and the states of the status of the partner in dialogue of SCO and/or the observer at SCO, and also on cancellation of such status;
- makes decisions on suspension of membership of state member in SCO, and also on state member exception of SCO on the bases, stipulated in Article 13 Charters;
- approves symbolics of SCO;
- hears reports of Council of RATS;
- makes decisions concerning opening of representative offices of the Secretariat of SCO and departments of the RATS Executive committee;
- considers the most urgent international problems.
Council is effective in format of the regular and emergency meetings.
The regular meetings of Council are held once a year. Chairmanship in Council is performed by the head of state in the territory of whom the regular meeting, as a rule, according to the procedure of the Russian alphabet of names of state members of SCO, for a period of one calendar year beginning since January 1 years of holding the regular meeting is held.
At the initiative of any of state members of SCO and in case of the consent of other state members emergency meetings of Council can be convened. The head of such state not later than two months to expected term sends the relevant proposal to the Chairman of the board in the form of personal letter in which specifies the reasons, terms and the venue of emergency meeting. Copies of such letter the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the state initiator through diplomatic channels without delay sends to other state members and the Executive secretary of SCO who performs necessary approval through permanent representatives of state members under the Secretariat of SCO within 15 days after receipt of the copy of the letter.
In case of special circumstances emergency meetings of Council can be convened in more short time.
Emergency meetings of Council are, as a rule, held in the territory of the state initiator.
Council can hold informal meetings in the same order, as emergency meetings.
The meeting of Council is considered competent if at it there are Chapters of all state members of SCO. In meeting of Council without voting power the Executive secretary of SCO, and also the Director of the RATS Executive committee take part in the part concerning it competence.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.