of July 14, 2014 No. 136
About biometric registration of citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic
Accepted by Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on June 30, 2014
This Law governs the relations arising when implementing activities for collection, processing, storage and use of biometric these citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic (further - biometric data), updating and protection of base of biometric data.
1. The purpose of this Law is creation of the staticized database of citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic with use of biometric data.
2. This Law determines the following tasks:
1) determination of high-quality and quantitative list of the citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic living in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic and beyond its limits;
2) creation of the staticized electoral register;
3) timely registration of citizens and issue of identification documents;
4) effective fight against crime, illegal migration, terrorism and human trafficking;
5) timely and high-quality provision of services to the population;
6) the maximum identification of the personality with use of base of biometric data.
Biometric data - data which characterize physiological and biological features of the subject of biometric data on the basis of which it is possible to identify his personality.
Biometric registration - the procedure of collection, processing and storage of the biometric these citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic living in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic and beyond its limits.
The holder of base of biometric data - the state body authorized by the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Users of base of biometric data - the state and other bodies.
The subject of biometric data - the citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic living in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic or beyond its limits.
Collection, processing, storage and use of biometric data are performed on the principles:
1) obligatory biometric registration;
2) opennesses (providing trust of citizens to use of biometric data by the state);
3) guarantee of legal use of biometric and personal data by the public authorities, local self-government given special authority according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic;
4) protection of base of biometric data;
5) safety of biometric data in case of their collection, processing, storage and use in information systems and observance of requirements to material carriers.
1. Each citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic shall undergo biometric registration according to this Law.
2. The procedure for biometric registration is determined by the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic.
1) digital graphical representation of person;
2) graphical structure of papillary patterns of fingers of both hands;
3) sign manual.
4. Except biometric data without fail the following personal data are also subject to collection, processing, storage and use:
1) personal identification number;
2) surname, name, middle name;
4) series and passport number;
5) the certificate of birth (for persons who were earlier not receiving the passport of the citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic);
7) number, month, year of birth;
1. The base of biometric data is property of the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. Protection of the biometric data containing in base of biometric data is performed according to this Law, the legislation in the sphere of information of personal nature, in the sphere of informatization, in the sphere of protection of the state secrets and other regulatory legal acts of the Kyrgyz Republic.
3. Submission of information, data from base of biometric data is performed in the cases provided by the laws and other regulatory legal acts of the Kyrgyz Republic.
4. The procedure for safety of biometric data in case of their collection, processing, storage and use in information systems, requirements to material carriers of biometric data and technologies of storage of such data out of information systems is determined by the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic.
1. Receipt of information on biometric data is performed in the presence of the consent in writing of the subject of biometric data according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic, except as specified, provided by part 2 of this Article.
2. Receipt of information on biometric data is performed without the consent of the subject of biometric data only in cases of implementation of justice and execution of the court ruling, and also in cases, stipulated by the legislation the Kyrgyz Republic about homeland security, about counteraction to terrorism and corruption, about the operational search activities and other cases determined by the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Persons which broke provisions of this Law bear the responsibility established by the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. To the government of the Kyrgyz Republic to bring the decisions into accord with this Law.
President of the Kyrgyz Republic
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.