of July 14, 2014 No. 135
About Legal profession of the Kyrgyz Republic and lawyer activities
Accepted by Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on June 19, 2014
This Law establishes the legal basis of Legal profession, lawyer activities, and also the right, obligation and responsibility of lawyers.
The legal basis of regulation of Legal profession of the Kyrgyz Republic (further - Legal profession) and lawyer activities are the Constitution, this Law, other regulatory legal acts of the Kyrgyz Republic and the international contracts and agreements which came in the procedure established by the law into force which participant is the Kyrgyz Republic, and also the conventional principles and rules of international law.
1. The legal profession is the self-governed professional community of lawyers based on obligatory membership of lawyers of the Kyrgyz Republic in it, created on the basis of community of professional interests, designed to express and protect their interests, to promote advanced training of lawyers and development of lawyer activities.
2. The legal profession as institute of civil society is not a part of the system of state bodies and local government bodies and performs the activities according to the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic, this Law and the charter of Legal profession.
3. The legal profession is non-commercial legal entity with independent form of business - Legal profession.
The legal profession does not pursue the aim of profit earning and has no right to establish the commercial organizations and to be their participant.
4. Ceased to be valid according to the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic of 15.08.2023 No. 180
5. The legal profession considers the possibility of provision of the corresponding privileges to the lawyers performing the activities in the sparsely and remote populated areas of the country (release from obligatory assignments for needs of lawyer educations and other privileges).
6. The lawyer does not answer for obligations Legal profession, and the Legal profession does not bear responsibility according to obligations of lawyers.
1. The legal profession has the property belonging to it on the property right which includes the main and current assets, buildings, constructions, the equipment, securities and other property necessary for implementation of authorized tasks.
2. Source of property of Legal profession are the membership fees, donations, the income from own activities, the target and other receipts which are not prohibited by the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
1. The legal profession approves the charter in the procedure established by this Law.
2. Are provided in the charter of Legal profession:
1) purposes, tasks and functions of Legal profession;
2) procedure for forming and power of governing bodies of Legal profession;
3) conditions and procedure for the introduction in Legal profession;
4) rights and obligations of members of Legal profession;
5) procedure for advanced training of lawyers;
6) procedure for forming and use of property of Legal profession;
7) procedure for modification and amendments in the charter of Legal profession;
8) payment procedure of the membership fees;
9) procedure for provision of the reporting under expense budget and its publications;
10) procedure for creation, functioning of territorial legal profession, its governing bodies, and also its powers;
11) procedure for inclusion (fixing) for lawyers in territorial Legal profession;
12) procedure for forming and power of audit committee of Legal profession.
3. Other provisions relating to activities of Legal profession, not contradicting this Law and the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic also can be provided in the charter.
1. Governing bodies of Legal profession are:
1) Congress of lawyers;
2) Council of lawyers.
2. The procedure for forming and power of governing bodies of Legal profession are established by this Law and the charter of Legal profession.
1. The congress of lawyers is the supreme body of management of Legal profession.
The chairman of the board of lawyers, and in case of its absence - the vice-chairman presides over the Congress of lawyers.
2. The congress of lawyers is convened once a year according to the decision of Council of lawyers which establishes date, time and the venue of the Congress. The extraordinary Congress of lawyers is convened according to the decision at least one third of members of council of lawyers or at the initiative of at least one third of members of Legal profession.
The congress of lawyers is considered competent if at least two thirds of the general list of the elected delegates take part in its work. The representation of delegates at congress is determined by regulation of 10 percent from the number of the registered lawyers from each territorial legal profession, but at least 10 people.
3. Are within the competence of the Congress:
1) determination of the main activities of Legal profession;
2) approval of the charter of Legal profession, decision making about modification and/or amendments in it or adoption of the charter in the new edition;
3) election of members of council of lawyers, the commissions on ethics, audit committee and decision making about early termination of their powers;
4) election of members of Legal profession in reserve lists of members of council of lawyers, the commissions on ethics, audit committee;
5) approval of the Code of professional ethics of lawyers;
6) approval of regulations on Council of lawyers, the commissions on ethics, audit committee, determination of amount of remuneration of members of council of lawyers, audit committee, lawyers - members of the commission on ethics;
7) approval of reports of Council of lawyers, commissions on ethics, audit committee;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.