of January 15, 2009 No. ZR-5
About local self-government in the city of Yerevan
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on December 26, 2008
1. This Law establishes features of forming in the city of Yerevan (further – Yerevan) local self-government, territorial administration and local government bodies.
1. Yerevan is municipality – community of the population of Yerevan.
2. Yerevan – the capital of the Republic of Armenia.
4. Yerevan has the budget, and also seal with the image of the Coat of arms of the Republic of Armenia and the name.
1. Local self-government in Yerevan is based on the principles established by the Law of the Republic of Armenia "About local self-government" with ensuring pro rata development of all administrative districts of Yerevan.
1. Administrative borders of Yerevan are established by the Law of the Republic of Armenia "About administrative-territorial division of the Republic of Armenia".
1. Local government bodies of Yerevan are:
1) Local government board of Yerevan (further - Council);
2) the mayor of Yerevan (further - the mayor).
1. Powers of local government bodies in Yerevan are established by this Law and other laws.
2. Non-regulated this Law of the relation, connected with local self-government in Yerevan, are regulated by the Law of the Republic of Armenia "About local self-government" in that measure in what they do not contradict this Law.
1. Local government bodies of Yerevan – Council and the mayor – are effective in the residence to the address: Ulitsa Argishti 1.
2. Council can organize the activities (including holding meetings) in other places - according to the decision of Council.
1. The official website of Yerevan – www.yerevan.am.
1. The territorial administration in Yerevan is exercised by the body authorized by the Government of the Republic of Armenia. The ministry of territorial administration of the Republic of Armenia performs the powers allocated for marzpeta (governors) by other laws, legal acts of the Republic of Armenia in that measure in what they do not contradict this Law.
2. Certain functions of territorial administration in Yerevan can be transferred to other systems of public administration by the order of the Government.
3. In Yerevan features of local self-government are established by this Law.
1. Symbols of Yerevan are:
1) coat of arms of Yerevan;
2) flag of Yerevan;
3) anthem of Yerevan.
2. The description of the coat of arms and flag of Yerevan, and also the anthem of Yerevan are established by Council.
3. The flag and the coat of arms of Yerevan are established over the building of the residence of Council, the mayor, in assembly hall of Council and in the mayor's office.
4. Other cases and procedure for compulsory use of symbols of Yerevan by Council, the mayor, and also the organizations subordinated to Yerevan are established by Council.
1. The supreme body of local self-government in Yerevan is Council which exercises control of activities of the mayor.
2. Council when implementing the powers allocated for it by the Constitution and the law of the Republic of Armenia is independent and is effective only for the benefit of Yerevan and from his name.
1) is accepted by the regulations;
2) elects the mayor in the cases and procedure established by this Law;
3) makes in the procedure established by this Law the decision on expression of mistrust to the mayor;
4) makes on representation of the mayor the decision concerning the charter, structure and the staff list of offices of the city hall of Yerevan (further - the city hall) and heads of the administrative district;
5) makes the decision on rates of official pay rates of the mayor, his deputies, advisers, assistants, the press secretary, employees of the office of the city hall, Chapters, deputy heads of administrative districts, the staff of administration of the head of the administrative district. The rate of official pay rate of the mayor cannot exceed the double size of rate of official pay rate of the deputy of National Assembly;
Establishes 6) within the rates provided by the law, the local taxes and duties establishes payments for the services rendered by municipality (including the payments necessary for the works which are carried out within obligatory regulations for the purpose of content of the apartment buildings managed by the head of the administrative district).
During implementation of the specified power Council can be guided by the principle of zoning, at the same time for various taxes, duties, payments various zoning can be established;
7) makes the decision on procedure for property management, considered as property of Yerevan;
8) determines nature, amount, conditions and procedure of obligatory improvement of Yerevan of the real estate which is in ownership of the owner or owner of real estate and the territory public, adjacent to it, being in administrative borders;
9) makes the decision on what property is transferred to the control to heads of administrative districts;
10) makes the decision on what of the organizations subordinated to Yerevan are placed under authority of heads of administrative districts;
11) makes the decision on annual, five-year, long-term and special development programs of Yerevan;
12) makes the decision on attraction of the credits, loans and other borrowed funds in the procedure established by the law;
13) can establish additional terms of implementation of the regulations operating in Yerevan in addition to the regulations established by town-planning normative and technical documents;
14) makes the decision on creation, reorganization, dissolution of the organizations subordinated to Yerevan, approval of their charter or changes in it, and also participation of Yerevan in other organizations and the termination of this participation;
15) makes the decision on structure, number, the staff list and rates of official pay rates of staff of the organizations subordinated to Yerevan having the status of organization;
16) makes the decision on the budget of Yerevan and on changes in it;
17) exercises control of budget implementation, it is competent to determine details of target use of budgetary funds, to cancel the relevant decisions of the mayor concerning the order budgetary funds to consider and make decisions according to the annual statement of the mayor on budget implementation;
18) makes the decision on the annual program of transfer to use and property acquisitions, being property of Yerevan (including participation of municipality in the authorized capital of the legal entity) in which motives, terms, the purpose of transfer to use or alienations, in case of transfer to use - the term of use and the amount of payment shall be specified, in case of direct sale - selling price, and in case of public auctions – the starting price, at the same time in the annual program of alienation of the parcels of land also the location, code of the parcels of land established by the master plan of Yerevan the purposes and motives of alienation shall be specified;
19) makes the decision on the master plan of the city of Yerevan, changes in it, and also detailed designs;
20) makes the decision on projects of zoning of the separate territories of the city of Yerevan, and also the detailed designs developed according to the master plan of the city of Yerevan;
20. 1) makes the decision on change of purpose of the parcels of land;
21) on representation of the mayor makes the decision on approval of agreements on cooperation with other cities and other administrative and territorial units;
22) makes the decision on holding local referendum the majority from total number of members of council of elders at the initiative of the mayor or at least than one third of total number of members of council of elders;
23) makes the decision on assignment of names to streets, avenues, squares, parks of rest of Yerevan, educational, cultural and to other organizations subordinated to Yerevan, at the same time the decision on names of the state non-profit organizations which are the main schools is accepted according to the procedure for the name of educational institutions established by authorized body of public administration by education;
24) in addition to rules of activities in the sphere of trade, public catering and servicing establishes additional terms of application of these rules in Yerevan, and also additional rules;
25) establishes criteria of qualification categories of the organizations of the sphere of trade and servicing and procedure for their assignment;
25. 1) establishes requirements imposed to Items of mobile trade, conditions, terms, admissible places of implementation of mobile trade, procedure, conditions of their provision (allocation) and hours of implementation of activities, and also not permitted types of the sold goods or the rendered services;
25. 2) is established by procedure for movement of Items of mobile trade or vehicles on the special territory, their accounting there and the amount of payments for movement of Items of mobile trade or vehicles on the special territory and their storage;
25. 3) establishes the requirements, conditions shown to implementation of peddling trade in the territories public which are the state-owned and municipal property (streets, squares, parks and other territories), located in the administrative territory of the city of Yerevan, types of the goods sold by implementation of peddling trade and admissible places of implementation of peddling trade;
26) makes the decision on additional terms of permission to trade in alcoholic beverages and tobacco products in Yerevan according to rules of trade in alcoholic beverages and (or) tobacco products in the Republic of Armenia;
27) makes the decision on additional terms of the organization of fairs, and also the organizations of trade in the open air in Yerevan;
28) makes the decision on additional terms to the list of location of baths, saunas, pleasure objects in Yerevan and to permissions to activities;
29) makes the decision on procedure for activities of the cemeteries located in Yerevan and the organization, and implementation of works on their content;
29. 1) sets the restrictions, requirements and conditions shown to those buildings and structures where services of ritual of civil funeral (farewell) are performed and provided;
30) makes the decision on content of the green territories public of Yerevan and instructions for use them;
30. 1) performs other powers provided by the Law of the Republic of Armenia "About rubbish disposal and sanitary cleaning";
31) establishes advertizing zone of city value (in the form of the card), streets, squares, parks of city value;
32) establishes town-planning zone of city value (in the form of the card), and also conditions under which town-planning activities, though are performed outside town-planning zone of city value, however city value has;
33) adopts legal acts on the questions concerning local self-government and which are not taken away by the law to competence of other bodies;
34) makes the decision on the town-planning charter of Yerevan;
35) according to the proposal of the mayor makes the decision on assignment to citizens of the Republic of Armenia and foreign citizens of rank of the honorary citizen of the city of Yerevan;
Establishes 36) according to the proposal of the mayor the mayor and procedure for forming and activities, power of the advisory boards operating in case of the head of the administrative district on a voluntary basis;
37) on representation of the mayor is solved by procedure of own powers established for the purpose of the voluntary problem resolution and necessary financial resources;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.