of March 5, 2012 No. ZR-21
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on February 8, 2012
1. This Law establishes the legal basis of activities for standardization in the Republic of Armenia and competences of her participants, and also regulates the principles of development and application of documents on standardization.
1. The main to the concepts used in this Law are:
1) standardization – the activities directed to achievement of optimum degree of orderliness in certain area by means of establishment of provisions for general and repeated application concerning real-life or probable tasks;
2) the standard - the document which for general and repeated application establishes the rules relating to various forms of activities or their results, the general principles or characteristics directed to achievement of optimum degree of orderliness in certain area which is developed on the basis of mutual consent and affirms acknowledged body;
3) the international standard – the standard accepted by International Organization for Standardization and available to society;
4) the regional standard (including – European and interstate) – the standard accepted by regional standardization organization and available to society;
5) the national standard - the standard accepted by national authority on standardization and available to society;
6) the European standard - the standard accepted by the European standardization organization and available to society;
7) the interstate standard - the standard accepted by Interstate council on standardization, metrology and certification (MGS) of countries of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) and available to society;
7. 1) the standard of the organization – the standard accepted by legal entities and (or) individual entrepreneurs;
8) rules and indexes on standardization – the document which contains organizational and technical and (or) all-technical provisions, procedures, methods relating to performance of works on standardization, and also indexes and rules of registration of results of these works;
9) the qualifier of technical and economic and social information – the document which establishes the codes of codes and names of subjects to classification and their subsets;
10) specifications – the document establishing technical requirements to which shall correspond certain products, work (including - process), service;
11) the concerned party – any legal entity or physical person interested in process of standardization or influencing it somehow;
12) mutual consent – the general agreement which is characterized by absence between most of concerned parties of strong objections on vital issues and is reached by means of the process directed to accounting of opinions of all parties and rapprochement of any disputable arguments. In case of mutual consent the complete unity of opinions is not obligatory;
13) National authority on standardization – the body for standardization recognized by the state which has the right to be acknowledged as the national member of the relevant international or regional standardization organization;
14) authorized state body – the state body authorized by the Government of the Republic of Armenia;
15) National system of standardization – the interconnected rules and provisions on the organization and conducting works on standardization regulated normative to documents;
16) the annual program for the state standardization – the program which is developed based on offers of state bodies affirms the order of the Government of the Republic of Armenia and is subject to public financing;
17) the annual program for standardization – the program which is developed by National authority on standardization on the basis of offers of concerned parties in the field of standardization proceeding from need of development of economy, implementation in economy of the international innovative knowledge and experience and the available requirements. The annual program for standardization includes also annual state program and affirms Council for standardization.
1. The purposes of standardization are:
1) improvement of level of safety of products, services and processes, health protection and lives of people and environment;
2) stimulation of improvement of quality of products, processes and services;
3) guaranteeing effective use of labor power, materials and energies;
4) increase in efficiency, guaranteeing compatibility and interchangeability of production, multipurpose management;
5) elimination of technical obstacles in international trade;
6) stimulation of scientific and technical progress and innovation;
7) ensuring unity of measurements;
8) ensuring defense of the state;
9) observance of requirements of technical regulations.
2. Subjects of standardization are products, work (including - process) and service.
1. The national authority on standardization provides implementation in the Republic of Armenia to activities for standardization according to the following principles:
1) observance of the right of voluntary and equal participation of all concerned parties in the course of development, acceptance and voluntary application of national standards;
2) development and adoption of national standards on the basis of mutual consent of concerned parties;
3) transparency of works and proper public acquaintance with them at all stages of process of standardization;
4) the prevention of domination of any private interest concerning common interests of concerned parties in the course of standardization;
5) compliance of national standards each other and to the legislation of the Republic of Armenia;
6) accounting international (including - European) rules and results of standardization of world innovative, progressive achievements of science and technology;
7) development of national standards, harmonious to the international and regional standards, taking into account availability of geographical, climatic differences and fundamental differences of technological nature;
8) proper acquaintance of all concerned parties with the enacted national standards and their changes;
9) implementation of works on standardization in case of means of the technical commissions.
1. In the Republic of Armenia the relations connected with standardization are governed by this Law and other legal acts.
1. If international treaties of the Republic of Armenia establish other regulations regulating activities for standardization than those which are provided by this Law then are applied regulations of agreements.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.