It is registered
Ministry of Justice
Republic of Tajikistan
On May 12, 2014 No. 389
of May 3, 2014 No. 296
About the Program of reform (development) of militia for 2014-2020
According to article 7 of the Law of the Republic of Tajikistan "About the state forecasts, concepts, strategy and programs of social and economic development of the Republic of Tajikistan" and for the purpose of accomplishment of Item 2 of the Presidential decree of the Republic of Tajikistan "About the Strategy of reform of militia for 2013-2020", the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan decides:
1. Approve the Program of reform (development) of militia for 2014-2020 it (is applied).
2. To provide to the relevant ministries and departments, executive bodies of the government of the Mountain Badakhshan Autonomous Region, areas, the city of Dushanbe, cities and areas, other organizations and organizations accomplishment of this Program.
3. To the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Tajikistan annually to submit the report to the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan about the course of accomplishment of this Program.
Prime Minister of the Republic of Tajikistan
Approved by the Order of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan of May 3, 2014 No. 296
The program of reform (development) of militia for 2014-2020 (further - the Program) being the main medium-term program document, determines strategic objectives, tasks and the main directions of reform (development) of militia. The program is developed by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Tajikistan (further - the Ministry of Internal Affairs) based on article 7 of the Law of the Republic of Tajikistan "About the state forecasts, concepts, strategy and programs of social and economic development of the Republic of Tajikistan", the Strategy of national development of the Republic of Tajikistan for the period till 2015 approved by the Resolution of Majlisi namoyandagon of Majlisi Oli of the Republic of Tajikistan of June 28, 2007 No. 704 and the Strategy of reform of the militia for 2013-2020 (further - Strategy) approved by the Presidential decree of the Republic of Tajikistan of March 19, 2014 No. 1438.
The main contractor of this Program is the Ministry of Internal Affairs, and also the relevant ministries and departments, civil society and the population of the Republic of Tajikistan take part in its implementation. The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) and the donor countries act as social partners.
Reasons for carrying out reform and development of militia, perspective of the expected social and economic results, data on financing, sources, procedure and terms expenditure (costs) are provided in the Program (appendix 1). The course of implementation of the Actions plan of the Program is performed in interaction with the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan. Bureau of Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe in Tajikistan (further - OSCE Bureau in Tajikistan) and the donor countries.
Reform of militia shall become the first step which will be added and enhanced by proportional changes in work of other law enforcement and judicial authorities.
Main objectives and tasks of the Program are:
- determination of the purposes, priorities and measures for reforming and development of militia, step-by-step improvement of activities of law-enforcement bodies, enhancement of their structure, reduction of activities of bodies in compliance with modern requirements and regulations of the international legal acts provided the Republic of Tajikistan, enhancement of cooperation with the civil public, material security and social protection of staff of law-enforcement bodies:
- further enhancement of the regulatory framework regulating activities of militia;
- development and deployment of complex of the organizational and managerial measures connected with change of criteria for evaluation of activities of militia, improvement and ensuring availability of bodies of militia to the population;
- creation of single state system of the registration and the crime reporting based on modern information technologies;
- increase in the education level and professionalism of staff by implementation of progressive training systems, preparation and retraining of employees;
- introduction of competitive procedure for appointment to vacant positions, movements, elimination of corruption risks and factors, office offenses in this direction;
- enhancement of management system of career development of the police officer, selection, purpose to executive position, maintenance of office success, work with reserve, qualification requirements, competitive position assignment, etc.;
- creation of the modern controling mechanism by structure of militia on the basis of the principles of distribution of obligations and exception of duplicative obligations:
- increase in social and economic and financial level, including the salary of police officers, taking into account the area, importance, danger, complexity and weight of the carried-out tasks, emotional, intellectual and psychological intensity, overtime work;
- minimization of negative effects from crime, and also forming and maintenance of safe social environment;
- creation of Public council on ensuring public order, development and approval of the Concept of interaction of bodies of militia with civil society, for the purpose of implementation of new methods of interaction with the public, increases in trust of the population to responsibility and conscientiousness of police officers;
- ensuring compliance with rights and freedoms of man and citizen;
- creation of system of public control in activities of militia, public monitoring, public examination of regulatory legal acts of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, carrying out consultations between society and militia, and also hearing of reports of heads of structures of militia before the population about results of office activities;
- taking measures to observance of protection of the rights of persons which were affected by criminal encroachments, creation of conditions, the having victims to cooperation with law enforcement agencies, and also ensuring realization of procedural law of the victims and their effective participation in judicial processes, in providing law and order, on ensuring the state protection of participants of criminal trial, including strengthening of security measures of the victims, witnesses, faces of the rendering assistance to the bodies performing operational search activities and also their relatives in case of threat of their life, to health or property;
- development of the international and interdepartmental interaction in all activities of militia, including in the field of fight against crime;
- in cooperation with OSCE creation of the mechanism of donorship and management of the deposits directed to accomplishment of this Program.
During reform (development) militia there is need of development and acceptance of number of regulatory legal acts, introduction of amendments and amendments to the legislation of the republic, provided in the Actions plan on program implementation (appendix 1).
Staff of law-enforcement bodies and military personnel of internal troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, and also the population are instantly informed on the regulatory legal acts regulating activities of law-enforcement bodies.
The single system of information interrelation of legal bases of all structures of the Ministry of Internal Affairs is provided in order that the general base of legal support of the Ministry was available to each responsible that allows it to use it in daily, activities and to make relevant decisions according to legislation regulations.
Selection of personnel in law-enforcement bodies is performed on the basis of special requirements and not the discrimination principles. On service in law-enforcement bodies men and women from all layers of societies Tajikistan, including ethnic minorities are attracted.
Acceptance on service in law-enforcement bodies is performed on competitive basis, and also by the conclusion of the contract.
Substitution of positions of the ordinary, officer and commanding structure is made on competitive basis. For completing of vacant positions the package of measures, in particular the announcement of substitution of vacant position, ensuring participation of everyone in competitive selection, preliminary studying of the personal record is performed. Transparency in acceptance and appointment of staff will promote the employee of law-enforcement bodies to be engaged in permanent self-improvement and increase in professional skill.
For acceptance of candidates for service for militias will be established the requirement of high standards. The police officer shall have opportunity to show reasonableness of judgments, justice, maturity, good communicative skills and if necessary, leadership and management skills. Besides, the police officer shall understand cultural, social and public problems well.
The priority directions of further development of personnel work are high-quality updating of system of preparation and education of personnel, enhancement of regulatory framework of personnel work. Professional training of police officers is based on fundamental values of democracy, rule of law, human rights protection and citizen. System effectiveness of office, combat, physical and moral and psychological training of staff, by strengthening of its material and technical resources will increase.
The main attention will be paid to individual and educational work, the organization of psychology and pedagogical executive training of divisions, strengthening of office discipline, forming of healthy psychological climate in collective.
Ethical standards shall become integral part of professional activity of the employee of law-enforcement bodies. In this regard by extensive discussion among staff the Ethical code of the employee of law-enforcement bodies meeting the requirements to international standards is accepted.
Activities of public organization, the veteran organizations of law-enforcement bodies, courts of honor and other forming are enhanced.
General professional training of police officers will be the most open in relation to society, except for the systems requiring preserving privacy. In addition to it in carrying out measures for professional training of employees of militia specialists of other industries will be actively involved.
It will be developed and approved directives on selection criteria of candidates for study and work for division managers of militia where all necessary requirements imposed on candidates will be provided. Graduates of educational institutions of system of the Ministry of Internal Affairs during study will pass training in the specialty in divisions of the Ministry of Internal Affairs which directed it to study and will be certified by his head on substitution of position in the specialty.
The service in law-enforcement bodies will be based on introduction of system of step-by-step career development of employees.
The package of measures, all stages of career promotion providing interrelation is for this purpose provided: including selection, purpose to the first executive position, maintenance of office success and further job development.
Job development is based taking into account respect for office discipline, initiative, benefit of moral qualities, professional knowledge and skills, effectiveness of work and healthy thoughtway.
For implementation of such system in the bill of the Republic of Tajikistan "About police" the special Section "Job Development of Police Officers" in which all will be fixed the major will be entered question, connected with realization of this institute (position assignment, work with reserve of personnel, qualification requirements, competitive position assignment, etc.).
Increase in the education level and professionalism of staff of law-enforcement bodies will be performed by implementation of progressive training systems, preparation and retraining of employees.
Law-enforcement bodies will be provided generally with the specialists who graduated from educational institutions of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, other legal institutions of the Republic of Tajikistan and foreign states and also the specialists who ended other higher educational institutions (for example the engineer, the economist, the doctor, the programmer, etc.).
The procedure for acceptance of examinations in Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs will be determined by the competent independent commission with involvement of representatives of Public council of group of management of reform of militia. Requirements to candidates and educational process, including to practical training and training are provided in the training programs, provisions and other regulatory legal acts regulating activities of these educational institutions.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.