of August 20, 2004 No. 119-FZ
About the state protection of the victims, witnesses and other participants of criminal trial
Accepted by the State Duma on July 31, 2004
Approved by the Federation Council on August 8, 2004
This Federal Law installs the system of measures of the state protection of the victims, witnesses and other participants of criminal trial including security measures and measures of social support of specified persons and also determines the bases and procedure for their application.
The state protection of the victims, witnesses and other participants of criminal trial (further - the state protection) implementation of the security measures provided by this Federal Law directed to protection of their life, health and (or) property (further - security measures), and also measures of social support of specified persons (further - measures of social support) in connection with their participation in criminal trial by the state bodies authorized on that.
3) private prosecutor;
4) the suspect, the person accused, the defendant, their defenders and legal representatives, the convict, justified, and also person concerning whom criminal case or criminal prosecution was stopped;
5) the expert, the specialist, the translator, the witness, and also the teacher and the psychologist participating in criminal trial;
6) civil claimant, civil defendant;
7) legal representatives, representatives of the victim, civil claimant, civil defendant and private prosecutor.
2. Measures of the state protection can be also applied before initiation of legal proceedings to the applicant, the eyewitness or the victim of crime or other persons promoting the prevention or disclosure of crime.
3. The close relatives established by the Code of penal procedure of the Russian Federation, relatives and close persons, illegal infringement of whom appears for the purpose of impact on persons specified in parts 1 and 2 of this Article, are also subject to the state protection.
4. Persons specified in parts 1-3 of this Article on whom the decision on implementation of the state protection is in accordance with the established procedure made hereinafter are referred to as further "protected persons".
5. Measures of the state protection to protected persons can be applied after the resolution of sentence, pronouncement of the resolution on release of person from criminal liability or punishment and on application to it enforcement powers of medical nature.
1. The bodies providing the state protection are:
1) the bodies making the decision on implementation of the state protection;
2) the bodies performing security measures;
3) the bodies performing measures of social support.
2. The decision on implementation of the state protection is made by court (judge), the chief of body of inquiry, the head of investigating body or the investigator with the consent of the head of investigating body in whose production there is statement (message) on crime or criminal case if other is not provided by the criminal procedure legislation of the Russian Federation.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.