of August 21, 2004 No. 165
About municipal service
Accepted by General Court of Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on June 30, 2004
This Law establishes the general principles of the organization of municipal service and basis of legal status of local government officers in the Kyrgyz Republic.
The municipal service is the professional activity of citizens in local government bodies on the positions which are not elective performed on paid basis at the expense of means of the local budget.
The legal basis of activities of deputies of local keneshes, heads of executive bodies of local self-government and other elected officials are the laws determining the status of deputies of local keneshes, and also regulating the sphere of the organization of local self-government, and other regulatory legal acts.
The municipal position is position with the established amounts of powers and responsibility in representative and executive bodies of local self-government.
Municipal positions are subdivided on political and administrative.
Positions of deputies of local keneshes, heads of executive bodies of local self-government and other elected officials elected by direct or indirect elections belong to political municipal positions.
The municipal positions appointed by the head of local government body by execution of an employment agreement, by results of the held competition belong to managerial municipal positions.
Citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic have equal access to municipal service irrespective of floor, race, nationality, language, origin, property and official capacity, the residence, the relation to religion, beliefs, belonging to public associations, political parties.
Action of the labor law of the Kyrgyz Republic with the features provided by this Law extends to local government officers.
The municipal service is founded on the principles:
1) rule of the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic, laws of the Kyrgyz Republic;
2) priority of rights and freedoms of man and citizen;
3) independence of local government bodies within their powers;
4) differentiations of functions of the government and local self-government;
5) separations of positions of municipal service into political and managerial positions;
6) professionalism, competence, initiative and honesty of local government officers;
7) responsibility of local government officers for non-execution or improper execution of the job responsibilities;
8) stability of municipal service;
9) equal access for citizens to municipal service according to their capabilities and professional training on the basis of transparency and impartiality, job evaluation and promotion of personnel on competitive basis;
10) legal and social security of local government officers;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.