of April 23, 2014 No. 199-V ZRK
About law-enforcement bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan
This Law governs the public relations in the field of activities of law-enforcement bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
1. Law-enforcement bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan (further - law-enforcement bodies) are the law enforcement agency intended for protection of life, health, rights and freedoms of man and citizen, interests of society and the state against illegal encroachments, protection of public order and ensuring public safety.
2. Intervention in activities of law-enforcement bodies when implementing of the powers by them is forbidden.
1. The legal basis of activities of law-enforcement bodies is constituted by the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan, this Law and other regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
2. If the international treaty ratified by the Republic of Kazakhstan establishes other rules, than those which contain in this Law then are applied rules of the international treaty.
Activities of law-enforcement bodies are performed according to the principles of public service and the special principles of law-enforcement service in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
1. The law-enforcement bodies designed to serve the people of Kazakhstan for the purpose of ensuring public safety perform the following tasks:
1) prevention of offenses;
2) protection of public order;
3) fight against crime;
4) execution of criminal penalties and other measures of criminal law action, and also administrative punishments;
5) prevention and liquidation of emergency situations, ensuring fire safety, organization of civil defense.
2. Other tasks are assigned to law-enforcement bodies by the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan and acts of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Law-enforcement bodies according to the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan within the assigned tasks:
1) perform package of measures, directed to identification, studying, elimination of the reasons and conditions promoting making of offenses;
2) perform package of measures for protection of public order;
3) exercise the state control and supervision of traffic and ensuring its safety;
4) exercise the state control of turnover of civil and office weapon and cartridges to it;
5) exercise the state control in the field of security activities;
6) perform protection of the physical persons and objects which are subject to the state protection;
7) control condition of anti-terrorist security of objects, vulnerable in the terrorist relation;
8) realize state policy in the field of nationality, population shifts and refugees;
8-1) perform interagency coordination in the field of population shift;
8-2) perform monitoring, the analysis and forecasting of migratory processes;
8-3) develop system of measures in the field of regulation and monitoring of migratory processes;
8-4) provide accomplishment of the obligations following from the international treaties on readmission ratified by the Republic of Kazakhstan;
9) is performed by production of identity documents, and also maintaining the National register of individual identification numbers;
10) perform licensed and allowing activity;
12) is performed by disclosure and investigation of criminal offenses;
13) perform operational search activities and secret investigative actions;
14) is performed by researches;
15) perform search;
16) also counteraction to their illicit trafficking and abuse of them enable the realization of state policy in the field of drug trafficking, psychotropic substances, precursors;
17) perform the state protection of persons who are involved in criminal trial;
18) realize state policy in the field of criminal and executive activities, perform content of persons in special facilities of law-enforcement bodies;
19) render the state services;
20) perform international cooperation;
20-1) exercise the state control in the field of civil protection;
21) is performed by other powers provided by the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan, acts of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
1. Law-enforcement bodies within the competence shall:
1) to protect life, health, rights and freedoms of man and citizen from illegal encroachments;
To accept 2), to register and consider applications or messages on the incident made or preparing criminal or administrative offense, to inform the applicant on the made decision in the procedure established by the legislation;
3) to give help to the physical persons which were affected by illegal encroachments, incidents and accidents, and also being in the helpless or other condition dangerous to their life and health;
4) to perform general, special and individual measures of prevention of offenses;
5) to perform patrol;
6) to exercise control of observance of the traffic regulations and standard rates relating to traffic safety, to regulate traffic;
7) to perform issue of car driver licenses, state registration of vehicles according to identification number and their accounting;
8) to reveal and stop administrative offenses, to perform production on cases on administrative offenses;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.