of April 15, 2014 No. 1207-VII
About providing the rights and freedoms of citizens and legal regime in temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine
Fundamentals of humanitarian, social and economic policy of the state of Ukraine in relation to the population of temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine is protection and full realization of the national and cultural, social and political rights of citizens of Ukraine, including indigenous people and ethnic minorities.
1. Temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine (further - temporarily occupied territory) is integral part of the territory of Ukraine to which operation of the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine extends.
2. Start date of temporary occupation is on February 20, 2014.
1. This Law determines the status of the territory of Ukraine which is temporarily occupied owing to the armed aggression of the Russian Federation, sets particular legal regime in this territory, determines features of activities of state bodies, local government bodies, companies, organizations and organizations in the conditions of this mode, observance and protection of rights and freedoms of man and citizen, and also the rights and legitimate interests of legal entities.
1. For the purposes of this Law of temporarily occupied territory it is determined:
1) overland territory of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and city of Sevastopol, internal waters of Ukraine of these territories;
2) internal sea waters and the territorial sea of Ukraine around the Crimean peninsula, the territory of exclusive (sea) economic zone of Ukraine along the coast of the Crimean peninsula and the continental shelf of Ukraine, adjacent to the coast, to which jurisdiction of public authorities of Ukraine according to rules of international law, the Constitution and the laws Ukraine extends;
1. In temporarily occupied territory the particular legal regime of crossing of borders of temporarily occupied territory, transactions, elections and referenda, realization of other rights and freedoms of man and citizen extends to effective period of this Law.
2. The legal regime of temporarily occupied territory provides special procedure for providing the rights and freedoms of citizens of Ukraine who live in temporarily occupied territory.
3. The legal regime of temporarily occupied territory can be determined, are changed or cancelled only by the laws of Ukraine.
1. Ukraine takes all necessary measures for providing the rights and freedoms of man and citizen provided by the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine, international treaties, to all citizens of Ukraine who live in temporarily occupied territory.
2. Ukraine shall support and provide commercial, financial, political, social, information, cultural and other relations with citizens of Ukraine who live in temporarily occupied territory.
3. The responsibility for violation determined by the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine of rights and freedoms of man and citizen in temporarily occupied territory is assigned to the Russian Federation as on the state invader according to regulations and the principles of international law.
4. Forced automatic acquisition by citizens of Ukraine who live in temporarily occupied territory of citizenship of the Russian Federation is not recognized Ukraine and is not the basis for loss of citizenship of Ukraine.
5. The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine performs permanent monitoring of condition of observance of rights and freedoms of man and citizen in temporarily occupied territory by results of which publishes and provides the relevant information to the international organizations in the sphere of protection of rights and freedoms of man and citizen and takes necessary measures.
The representative of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine for human rights exercises according to the law parliamentary control of observance of constitutional rights and freedoms of man and citizen in temporarily occupied territory.
6. Compensation of the material and moral harm done as a result of temporary occupation the state of Ukraine, to legal entities, public associations, citizens of Ukraine, foreigners and stateless persons is in full assigned to the Russian Federation as on the state performing occupation.
The state of Ukraine all possible means will promote compensation of material and moral damage by the Russian Federation.
7. Responsibility for protection of cultural heritage in temporarily occupied territory is conferred on the Russian Federation as on the state performing occupation according to regulations and the principles of international law.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.