of December 17, 2013
About cooperation in fight against drug trafficking, psychotropic substances and their precursors
The Federal Drug Control Service of the Russian Federation and Public service of Ukraine on control of drugs which are hereinafter referred to as with the Parties
expressing concern in expansion of scales of illicit trafficking in drugs and psychotropic substances (further - drugs) and their precursors and abuse of them,
understanding that drug trafficking, and also their precursors poses serious health hazard and to welfare of the population of the states of the Parties,
in view of provisions of the Single convention on drugs of 1961 with the amendments made to it according to the Protocol of 1972 on amendments to the Single convention on drugs of 1961, the Convention on psychotropic substances of 1971, the Convention of the United Nations on fight against illicit trafficking in drugs and psychotropic substances of 1988
proceeding from mutual interest in acceptance of the effective measures directed to fight against drug trafficking and their precursors
being guided by the legislation and the international obligations of the states of the Parties,
agreed as follows:
Subject of this agreement is the cooperation of the Parties for the purpose of the organization of effective counteraction to drug trafficking and their precursors.
The parties perform cooperation based on this agreement within the competence and in case of compliance with law and the international obligations of the states of the Parties.
1. The cooperation of the Parties within this agreement is performed in the following forms:
a) exchange of information concerning control of drug trafficking and their precursors;
b) interaction concerning the organization and performing prevention of illegal consumption of drugs;
c) work experience exchange, including by holding meetings, conferences and seminars;
d) exchange of legislative and other regulatory legal acts of the states of the Parties, materials about practice of their execution, statistical data and methodical recommendations about questions of control of drug trafficking and their precursors;
2. This agreement does not interfere with the Parties in development and development of other mutually acceptable forms of cooperation.
1. Rendering assistance within this agreement is performed based on request or at the initiative of one of the Parties believing that such assistance is of interest to other Party.
The request about rendering assistance is transferred in writing or by means of use of technical means of transfer of the text.
In cases, being urgent, the oral request can be accepted, however it shall be confirmed within three days in writing or by means of use of technical means of transfer of the text.
When using technical means of information transfer, and also in case of doubts in the relation of authenticity or content of the received request the required Party can request confirmation from the requesting Party in writing.
2. The request about rendering assistance contains:
- the name of the requesting Party;
- name of the required Party;
- summary of being of request and its reasons;
- other data necessary for its execution.
3. In case of need the required Party can request the additional information necessary for proper execution of request.
1. The required Party takes all necessary measures for ensuring bystry and perhaps more complete execution of request. The query is solved in time, not exceeding 30 days from the date of its receipt.
2. The required Party can permit to be present to authorized representatives of the requesting Party at execution of request for the territories of the state if it does not contradict the legislation of its state.
1. In case of impossibility or in case of refusal to solve query the required Party without delay notifies on it in writing the requesting Party and reports about the reasons interfering execution of request.
2. Performed by request it can be refused fully or partially if the required Party believes that its accomplishment can cause damage to sovereignty, to safety or other essential interests of its state and contradicts the legislation of the state of the required Party.
3. If the required Party believes that immediate execution of request can interfere with the criminal prosecution or other production performed in the territory of its state, it can postpone execution of request or connect its execution with observance of the conditions determined as necessary after consultations with the requesting Party. In case of the consent of the requesting Party to rendering assistance to it on the offered terms it shall comply with these conditions.
The parties provide confidentiality of information, as well as contents of documents and materials concerning counteraction to drug trafficking and their precursors which are exchange subject between the Parties, except for the documents and materials which are not confidential.
The requesting Party uses the acquired information only for the purpose of, specified in request.
Confidential information, including the documents and materials received within this agreement cannot be transferred to somebody without prior written consent of the Party which provided this information.
The parties when implementing cooperation within this agreement use the language approved by the Parties.
1. The parties incur the expenses connected with execution of this agreement in the territory of the state.
2. The parties assume all expenses connected with trips and accommodation of the representatives in the territory of the state of the host party if the Parties do not reach the written agreement on other.
3. Trips of representatives of the requesting Party are performed from prior consent of the required Party.
4. Detailed conditions of implementation of the cooperation provided by the subitem "d" of Item 1 of Article 2 of this agreement and procedure for its financing are determined by separate arrangements between the Parties.
For consideration of the course of realization of the cooperation provided by this agreement, and developments of the directions of its further enhancement of the Party on the basis of reciprocity hold joint working meetings, meetings, seminars.
Meetings are held serially in each of the states of the Parties.
By mutual consent of the Parties changes and additions which are drawn up by the separate protocols which are its integral part can be made to the text of this agreement.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.