of December 18, 2008 No. ZR-198
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on November 27, 2008
This Law regulates bases, the organization of defense of the Republic of Armenia, structure, the principles of the organization and activities, function of Armed Forces of the Republic of Armenia, the relations connected with management, management of them, their dislocation, use, tasks of other troops, and also powers of state bodies and local government bodies, functions of the organizations, the rights and obligations of officials and citizens in the field of defense.
1. The legislation of the Republic of Armenia in the field of defense consists of the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, international treaties of the Republic of Armenia, this Law and other legal acts.
1. In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) defense – complex system of activities for application of military, political, economic, information, social, legal and other measures and actions, and also mechanisms of providing the international guarantees of military safety in preparation for defense of system of military safety, the territory, society and economy of the Republic of Armenia and protection of independence, territorial integrity, immunity of Frontier and safety of the Republic of Armenia;
2) the strategy of homeland security – state policy on safety and stable development of the state, society and the personality;
3) the military doctrine – set of the official concepts determining military-political, strategic, military-economic and military and technical bases of ensuring military safety of the Republic of Armenia;
4) system of military safety – set of the state authorized bodies and officials of Armed Forces, other troops, forces of the state authorized body of civil defense and emergency situations and military industrial complex of the Republic of Armenia, and also the organizations performing functions according to the solution of tasks of military safety;
5) Armed Forces – the government military institution constituting basis of system of military safety of the Republic of Armenia, providing the armed protection of independence, territorial integrity and safety of the Republic of Armenia;
6) other troops – troops of police, border troops and special divisions of homeland security;
7) the joint Armed Forces – the forming created with the participation of Armed Forces of the Republic of Armenia according to international treaties of the Republic of Armenia;
8) fundamental values of homeland security – independence, security of the state and the people of the Republic of Armenia, the world;
9) information security – the security of the information circle providing forming, use and development of the information circle of citizens and the organizations for the benefit of the state;
10) military industrial complex – system of the scientific and production organizations which performs state orders on development, production, repair of military equipment, arms, ammunition and military technical means.
1. Defense of the Republic of Armenia will be organized and performed on the basis of the principles of involvement of state bodies and local government bodies, the public and citizens, legality, respect of the rights and fundamental freedoms of the person, civil control of activities of Armed Forces.
2. For the purpose of defense Armed Forces are created, and also the conscription of citizens is established.
3. Forces of the state authorized body of civil defense and emergency situations by means of transition to time of war or warlike situation under operational management of command of armed forces participate in defense.
4. Is involved in defense also for the period of war or warlike situation all communication system and information of the republic with its divisions, including radio-frequency resource turns into subordination of Armed Forces.
5. Creation in the Republic of Armenia of other military forming, except the Armed Forces and other troops specified in this Article is forbidden.
6. For the purpose of the solution of tasks of defense in the territory of the Republic of Armenia military forming and divisions of foreign states according to the procedure, provided by international treaties of the Republic of Armenia can be deployed.
7. For the purpose of accomplishment of the international obligations of division of Armed Forces assumed by the Republic of Armenia can be involved in peacekeeping or military operations outside the territory of the Republic of Armenia.
8. The organization of defense of the Republic of Armenia includes in peace time:
1) development of the main directions of military policy, including acceptance and enhancement of strategy of homeland security and military doctrine;
2) forecasting and assessment of military threat;
3) legal regulation of defense area;
4) creation, development equipped with modern arms and military equipment of Armed Forces of high combat readiness with necessary structure, numerical structure, and also planning of their expansion and use;
5) carrying out appeal on obligatory military service and involvement of citizens to military service on contractual basis;
6) international cooperation;
7) mobilization preparation of spheres of economy, communication and transport sphere, state bodies, local government bodies, organizations, territories and populations;
8) planning and implementation of actions for civil defense;
8. 1) creation and development of divisions of defense and rescue divisions of high degree of readiness with necessary structure, number, modern weapon, the military and rescue equipment;
9) development of military industrial complex;
10) development of military science and military training;
11) planning and use of human resource in Armed Forces;
12) ensuring storage of the state and official secret;
13) preparation of reserve of Armed Forces, and also necessary quantity of arsenal and ammunition, military equipment, food and other materials;
14) financing of defense expenditure and control of their use;
15) ensuring information security of the population and Armed Forces;
16) military patriotic training in educational institutions;
17) other actions in the field of defense.
9. The legal regime of warlike situation, mobilization preparation and carrying out mobilization, and also the organization of civil defense are established by the Law.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.