of March 13, 2014 No. 876-VII
About National guard of Ukraine
This Law determines the legal basis of the organization and procedure for activities of National guard of Ukraine, its general structure, functions and powers.
1. The national guard of Ukraine is military forming with law-enforcement functions that is a part of the system of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine and is intended for accomplishment of tasks on protection and protection of life, the rights, freedoms and legitimate interests of citizens, societies and the states from criminal and other illegal encroachments, protection of public safety and procedure and ensuring public safety, and also in interaction with law enforcement agencies - on ensuring state security and protection of frontier, suppression of terrorist activities, activities of the illegal militarized or paramilitary groups (groups), the terrorist organizations, organized groups and the criminal organizations.
2. The national guard of Ukraine participates according to the law in interaction with the Armed Forces of Ukraine for repulse of the armed aggression against Ukraine and liquidation of armed conflict by conducting military (fighting) operations, and also in accomplishment of tasks of territorial defense.
1) protection of the constitutional system of Ukraine, integrity of its territory against change attempts in their violent way;
2) protection of public safety and procedure, ensuring protection and protection of life, health, rights, freedoms and legitimate interests of citizens;
3) participation in ensuring public safety and protection of public safety and procedure during the meetings, meetings, processions, demonstrations and other mass actions creating danger to life and health of citizens;
4) ensuring protection of public authorities which list is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, participation in implementation of measures of the state protection of public authorities and officials;
5) protection of nuclear installations, nuclear materials, radioactive waste, other sources of ionizing radiation of state-owned property, important state objects which list is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
5-1) protection of objects of critical infrastructure which list is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine; participation in mitigation of consequences of crisis situations on objects of critical infrastructure which are protected by it;
6) protection of particular loads which list is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
8) protection of the central bases of material logistics of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, protection and defense of military facilities, bases (organizations) of National guard of Ukraine;
9) participation in implementation of the actions connected with the termination of armed conflicts and other provocations on frontier and also measures for non-admission of mass transition of frontier from the territory of the adjacent states;
10) participation in special transactions on neutralization of the armed criminals, in fight against diversionary and prospecting forces of aggressor (opponent), the termination of activities by not provided law of the militarized or paramilitary groups (groups), organized groups and the criminal organizations in the territory of Ukraine, and also in the actions connected with the termination of terrorist activities;
11) participation in suppression of mass riots;
12) participation in recovery of law and order in case of the international and interfaith conflicts, unblocking or the termination of illegal actions in case of capture of the important state objects or areas menacing to safety of citizens also breaks normal activities of public authorities and local government bodies;
13) participation in maintenance or recovery of law and order in areas of emergence of especially difficult emergency situations of technogenic or natural nature (natural disasters, catastrophic crashes, heavy fires, use of weapons of destruction, pandemics, panzootics etc.) creating threat of life and to health of the population;
14) participation in recovery of the constitutional law and order when implementing attempts of capture of the government or change of the constitutional system by violence, in recovery of activities of public authorities, local government bodies;
15) participation in mitigation of consequences of emergency or crisis situations on objects which are protected;
16) participation in implementation of actions of legal regime of warlike situation;
17) participation in accomplishment of tasks of territorial defense;
18) defense of important state objects, particular loads which lists are determined by the President of Ukraine, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, central bases of material logistics of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine;
19) participation in the termination of group illegal actions of the persons detained, condemned and also mitigations of consequences of such actions in organizations of pre-trial detention, execution of punishments;
20) ensuring entering of data into the Unified register of persons, missing persons in case of special circumstances, and maintenance of such data in urgent condition in the limits determined by the legislation.
2. The procedure for the organization of protection by National guard of Ukraine for nuclear installations, nuclear materials, radioactive waste, other sources of ionizing radiation of state-owned property, important state objects, objects of critical infrastructure, and also particular loads is established by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
The organization and procedure for service for protection of the nuclear installations, nuclear materials, radioactive waste, other sources of ionizing radiation of state-owned property, important state objects and particular loads, other objects determined by part one of this Article, protected by National guard of Ukraine of Service are determined by protection of public order and ensuring public safety by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
3. The national guard of Ukraine is the main subject on the termination of mass riots. When implementing measures for suppression of mass riots the National guard of Ukraine coordinates activities of forces and the funds of law enforcement agencies raised to the termination of the specified illegal actions.
The organization of activities of National guard of Ukraine for the termination of mass riots, and also procedure for its interaction in case of accomplishment of the specified function with law enforcement agencies, other public authorities, and also local government bodies is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.