of June 19, 2004 No. 54-FZ
About meetings, meetings, demonstrations, processions and piketirovaniye
Accepted by the State Duma on June 4, 2004
Approved by the Federation Council on June 9, 2004
This Federal Law is aimed at providing realization of the right of citizens of the Russian Federation established by the Constitution of the Russian Federation to be going peacefully, to hold without weapon meetings, meetings, demonstrations, procession and picketing.
1. The legislation of the Russian Federation on meetings, meetings, demonstrations, processions and piketirovaniye is based on provisions of the Constitution of the Russian Federation, the conventional principles and rules of international law, international treaties of the Russian Federation and includes this Federal Law and other legal acts of the Russian Federation relating to providing the right to holding meetings, meetings, demonstrations, processions and piketirovaniye. In the cases provided by this Federal Law, the regulatory legal acts concerning providing conditions of holding meetings, meetings, demonstrations, processions and piketirovaniye publish the President of the Russian Federation, the Government of the Russian Federation, accept and publish public authorities of subjects of the Russian Federation.
2. Holding meetings, meetings, demonstrations, processions and piketirovaniye for the purpose of election propaganda, propaganda concerning referendum is regulated by this Federal Law and the legislation of the Russian Federation on elections and referenda. Holding religious practices and ceremonies is regulated by the Federal Law of September 26, 1997 N 125-FZ "About liberty of conscience and about religious associations".
For the purposes of this Federal Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) public action - open, peace, available to everyone, the share which is carried out in the form of meeting, meeting, demonstration, procession or picketing or in various combinations of these forms performed at the initiative of citizens of the Russian Federation, political parties, other public associations and religious associations including with use of vehicles. The purpose of public action is free expression and forming of opinions, promotion of requirements for various questions of political, economic, social and cultural life of the country and to questions of foreign policy or informing voters on the activities in case of meeting of the deputy of legislative (representative) public authority, the deputy of representative body of the municipality with voters;
2) meeting - joint presence of citizens in the specially allotted or adapted for this purpose place for collective discussion of any socially significant questions;
3) meeting - mass presence of citizens in certain place for public expression of public opinion on occasion of urgent problems mainly social and political nature;
4) demonstration - organized public expression of public moods by group of citizens with use during movement, including on vehicles, posters, banners and other means of evident propaganda;
5) procession - mass passing of citizens along in advance determined route for the purpose of drawing attention to any problems;
6) picketing - form of the public expression of opinions performed without movement and use of sound-amplifying technical means by placement at the picketed object of one or more citizens using posters, banners and other means of evident propaganda, and also pre-fabricated collapsible designs;
7) the notification on holding public action - the document by means of which the executive body of the subject of the Russian Federation or local government body according to the procedure, established by this Federal Law, is given information on holding public action for the purpose of providing in case of its carrying out safety and law and order;
8) regulations of holding public action - the document containing the time schedule (the hourly plan) of the main stages of holding public action with indication of persons responsible for carrying out each stage and if the public event will be held with use of vehicles, information on use of vehicles;
9) the territories directly adjacent to buildings and other objects, - the parcels of land which borders are determined by decisions of executive bodies of the subject of the Russian Federation or local government bodies according to the regulatory legal acts governing the relations in the sphere of land management, land use and town planning.
Holding public action is based on the following principles:
1) legality - observance of provisions of the Constitution of the Russian Federation, this Federal Law, other legal acts of the Russian Federation;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.