of November 30, 2007 No. ZR-255
About special investigative service
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on November 28, 2007
This Law regulates procedure and conditions of forming, activities of special investigative service - as investigating body, passing in it of service, classification of positions and the class rank, the right, obligation and responsibility, legal and social guarantees of employees and other relations connected with service.
1. The special investigative service will organize and performs pretrial investigation on the crimes committed by the high-ranking officials provided by the Code of penal procedure of the Republic of Armenia, the crimes of persons performing public service, provided by the Code of penal procedure of the Republic of Armenia, connected with their official capacity and also under Articles 149, of 150, 154.1, 154.9, 310.1, 314.2, 314.3 of the Criminal code of the Republic of Armenia.
If necessary the Attorney-General of the Republic of Armenia can take away from production of investigators of other investigating bodies and transfer to production of investigators of Special investigative service criminal cases which do not concern the crimes connected with official capacity of persons performing the public service provided by the Code of penal procedure of the Republic of Armenia or on which persons listed in the first paragraph of this part are recognized as the victims and also any other criminal case if in the course of its investigation in other body of pretrial investigation violations are allowed, or there are other bases which call into question possibility of respect for comprehensiveness, completeness and objectivity of further investigation of this case in the same body.
1. The legislation on special investigative service consists of this Law, the Code of penal procedure, other laws and legal acts of the Republic of Armenia, international treaties of the Republic of Armenia.
Workers and the principal secretary of the helping professional structural division of Special investigative service are civil servants to whom the Law "About Civil Service" extends.
2. In the cases provided by the law the chief of investigative service adopts internal or individual legal acts concerning the organization and activities of service.
3. If international treaties of the Republic of Armenia establish other regulations than provided by this Law, then regulations of international treaties are applied.
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) person holding autonomous position in Special investigative service - the chief of Special investigative service, his deputies, the senior special investigators in case of the chief of Special investigative service, chiefs of managements of Special investigative service, their deputies, the senior special investigators and special investigators;
2) leading employees of bodies of legislative, executive and judicial authority - The president of the republic, the Prime Minister, vice-Prime Ministers, deputies, judges of the Constitutional court, the judge of courts, ministers, their deputies, the chief of staff of the President of the republic, the chief of staff of National assembly, the chief of staff of the Prime Minister, the chief of Police and his deputies, the chairman of Committee of state revenues and his deputies, governors, their deputies, the mayor of Yerevan, his deputies, the chairman and members of council of Auditor chamber, members of council of the Central bank, members of the commission on protection of the competition, the Commission on regulation of public services, the Commissions on prevention of corruption, members of Central Election Commission, the head and members of Statistical committee;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.