of December 13, 2013 No. 303
About public service of water supply and the sewerage
(In edition of the Laws of the Republic of Moldova of 21.09.2017 No. 185, 22.02.2018 No. 19, 30.11.2018 No. 322)
The parliament adopts this organic law.
The purpose of this law is establishment of the legal base for creation, the organizations, managements, regulation and monitoring of functioning of public service of supply with drinking water, technological water, the sewerage and purification of waste household and industrial waters (further - public service of water supply and the sewerage) in the conditions of availability, availability on hand, reliability, continuity, competition and transparency, with observance of regulations of quality, safety and environmental protection.
(This law regulates 1):
a) activities for provision/delivery of public service of water supply and sewerage;
b) operation, servicing, expansion and functioning of public water supply systems and sewerage;
c) determination and approval of regulated rates for public service of water supply and sewerage;
d) safety and reliability of water supply of consumers;
e) consumer protection of public service of water supply and sewerage;
f) the guaranteed non-discriminatory access of all physical persons and legal entities to public service of water supply and the sewerage on contractual conditions and according to legal and other regulations in the field.
(2) This law establishes powers of the central and local authorities of the public power in the field of public service of water supply and the sewerage, regulating authority, the right and obligation of the consumers and operators who are providing/delivering public service of water supply and the sewerage in settlements, other provisions concerning functioning of public service of water supply and the sewerage.
(3) Provisions of this law are applied to the public service of water supply and the sewerage organized at the level of the area, municipium, the city, the village/commune.
(4) Provisions of this law are directed to the most complete satisfaction of requests of consumers, protection of their interests, strengthening of economic and social unity at the level of local communities, and also to sustainable development of administrative and territorial units.
(1) the Public service of water supply and the sewerage includes set of the types of activity representing public advantage and general economic and social interest, performed for the purpose of fence, processing, transportation, accumulating and distribution of drinking or technological water for all consumers of one or several settlements and respectively for the purpose of acceptance, transportation, cleaning and dumping of sewage.
(2) the Public service of water supply and the sewerage is created, will be organized and is operated by bodies of local public authority for the purpose of satisfaction of needs of local communities. Under the organization, functioning and development of public service of water supply and the sewerage general interest of settlements and citizens is priority.
(3) the Public service of water supply and the sewerage is provided/is delivered by creation and operation of the specific technical infrastructure called by public water supply system and sewerages.
(4) In rural settlements only the public service of water supply can be organized if necessary.
For the purpose of this law the following basic concepts are used in value:
supply - the constructive system providing water transportation in perfect security from its fence to the reservoir;
technological water - the water necessary for ensuring engineering procedure (sink, dilution, chilling, etc.);
household sewage - the sewer waters coming from use of water in farms, public organizations and services, which are result of human metabolism, and also implementation of household and sanitary and hygienic types of activity, dumped in sewer system;
industrial sewage - all sewage from the rooms used for the commercial or industrial purposes, other than household sewage or rain waters;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.