of March 1, 2014 No. 35-V
This Law determines the basic principles of anti-corruption, legal and organizational basis of fight against it, its prevention, elimination of the reasons and conditions promoting making of the offenses connected with corruption and liquidation of their consequences.
1. Fight against corruption is conducted for the purpose of the prevention, identification, suppression and disclosure of the offenses connected with corruption of elimination of their consequences and involvement of guilty persons to responsibility and is directed to protection of the rights and freedoms of citizens against the threats following from corruption manifestations on ensuring national security of Turkmenistan, effective activities of state bodies, and also persons which are carrying out tasks of public service and persons equated to them (further – government employees).
2. This Law is aimed at reliable providing stability and safety in society, expansion of democratic principles, publicity and control in government, on building confidence of the population in the state and its structures, stimulation of the specialists having high competence in revenues to public service, strengthening of guarantees of honesty of government employees.
1. The legal basis of anti-corruption are the Constitution of Turkmenistan, this Law and other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan adopted on their basis.
2. If the international treaty of Turkmenistan establishes other rules than provided by this Law, then rules of the international treaty are applied.
For the purposes of this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) corruption – obtaining personally or through intermediaries government employees for or for the third parties of benefit in the form of money, values, other property or services of property nature, other property rights with use by them of ex-officio full powers or the related opportunities, and equally in bribery of specified persons by illegal provision of such benefit by it other physical persons, and also making of the above-stated actions from name or for the benefit of the legal entity;
2) the offense connected with corruption – the offense provided by this Law or other laws of Turkmenistan, integrated to corruption or creating conditions for corruption as a result of which benefits and which attract the criminal, administrative and disciplinary responsibility established by the legislation of Turkmenistan were received;
3) control functions of state bodies – the functions performed by authorized state bodies on ensuring compliance with the laws, identification and elimination of the reasons and conditions of their violation, recovery of the violated rights of citizens and legal entities, check of exact and uniform observance of regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan and accomplishment of mandatory requirements of the specified acts according to the legislation of Turkmenistan;
4) fight against corruption – the activities of public authorities, local government bodies, organizations of civil society, physical persons and legal entities within their competence directed to identification, the prevention, suppression, disclosure and investigation of the offenses connected with corruption;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.