Ministry of Justice
Republic of Uzbekistan
On September 23, 1999 No. 823
Approved by the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan on September 9, 1999, No. 76
1. This standard is developed on the basis of the Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan "About auditor activities", resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan of June 10, 1999 N296 "About Measures for Realization of the Basic Provisions Containing in the Report of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan at the XIV Session of Oliy Majlis" also is element of normative auditing regulation in the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Purpose and tasks of the standard
2. The purpose of this standard is determination of actions of auditing organization when implementing audit in the conditions of the systems of computer data processing (further in the text - KOD) functioning at the checked business entity.
3. Tasks of the standard are:
3.1. The formulation of the main requirements to auditing organizations when carrying out audit by them in the conditions of the KOD systems;
3.2. Determination of the main requirements to the experts involved by auditing organization to assessment used by the checked business entity of the KOD system;
3.3. The description of features of planning of audit in the environment of KOD;
3.4. Determination of audit risk in conditions of KOD;
3.5. Determination of controls in conditions of KOD.
4. Requirements of this standard are obligatory for all auditing organizations when implementing the audit providing preparation of official audit opinion, except for those its provisions where it is directly specified that they have advisory nature.
5. Requirements of this standard have advisory nature when carrying out the audit which is not providing preparation by its results of official audit opinion and also when rendering the services (consulting services) accompanying audit. In case of variation in case of accomplishment of specific task from mandatory requirements of this standard the auditing organization without fail shall note it in the working documentation and in the written report to management of the business entity who ordered audit and (or) services accompanying it.
Competence of the auditor of questions CODES
6. It is reasonable to auditor to have sufficient knowledge of the KOD systems to plan, analyze, control and, as a result, to draw the overview and conclusions on the performed work at the business entity using the automated system of economic information.
In this case, the auditor shall:
6.1. Adequately, in all essential aspects to understand system of accounting and internal control which the KOD circle influences;
6.2. Determine effect of impact of the KOD circle on risk assessment;
6.3. Prepare the project and execute tests of management and independent procedures.
7. The auditing organization should have library most of the KOD widespread systems and to make efforts for studying of features of their practical application.
Use of work of the expert in questions CODES
8. In case of absence at the auditor of the specified knowledge it is necessary to use work of the expert in the field of information technologies.
9. In case of use of work of the expert for assessment of the applied KOD system:
9.1. The appointment of the expert and other processes connected with use of work of the expert shall correspond to conditions of NSA "Use of Work of the Expert" completely;
9.2. The auditor shall have sufficient knowledge of computer system of business entity to monitor work of the expert, keeping at the same time dominant position:
the expert estimates only system of information processing;
the auditor estimates reliability created by means of this reporting system.
10. The auditing organization bears complete responsibility for expression of opinion on the reporting of the checked business entity and the audit opinion constituted on the basis of this opinion.
11. When conducting check the expert helps the auditor in:
a) to assessment of reliability of the KOD system in general;
b) to assessment of legality of acquisition and licensed purity of the accounting software functioning in the KOD system of the checked business entity;
c) to check of algorithms of calculations;
d) forming on the computer of registers of analytical, synthetic accounting and the reporting necessary for the auditor.
Planning in conditions of KOD
12. In case of creation of the general plan of audit according to NSA "Audit Planning" each stage of planning shall be specified taking into account influence on process of audit of the information technologies applied by business entity and the KOD system.
13. Level of automation of processing of accounting information shall be considered when scoping and nature of audit procedures.
14. The following questions shall be reflected in documents on planning of audit:
14.1. Nature of accomplishment of audit procedures with use of KOD (conclusion of the documents prepared in the environment of KOD to seal, work in the environment of KOD of business entity);
14.2. Involvement of the independent expert for the purpose of studying of computer system of business entity, the description of the questions which are taken out for assessment by the expert;
14.3. Start date of audit inspection shall correspond to date of representation of data to the auditor in the type approved with business entity in the auditing contract.
Influence of the KOD circle on audit risk
15. Data structure of financial accounting of business entity in the environment of KOD exerts impact on professional risk of the auditor.
16. The risk of the auditor increases in that case when:
16.1. The computer circle is decentralized;
16.2. There is geographical dispersion of computer installations;
16.3. Level of knowledge of accounting personnel in the field of information technologies is insufficient;
16.4. Internal control behind functioning of the KOD circle is absent;
16.5. There are no necessary measures for restriction of unauthorized access to the KOD system.
17. The risk of the auditor decreases if:
17.1. Systems of automation are licensed;
17.2. There is opportunity to deepen some types of control thanks to the software which is specially developed for auditors;
17.3. There is special control of the software;
17.4. Information policy of business entity is competently determined by its management;
17.5. All divisions, branches and other separate divisions, subsidiaries work in the KOD single circle, apply the single modern software;
17.6. Information policy of business entity is approved with the main users of the KOD system;
17.7. There is long-term plan of development of the KOD system of business entity.
Influence of KOD on assessment of system of accounting and internal control
18. Internal controls of KOD help to achieve the objectives of internal control, include both manual procedures, and special programs developed by professionals.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.