of April 8, 2013 No. 244
About approval of the Minimum requirements on protection of workers against the risks connected with impact of asbestos on workplace
Based on article 6 of the Law on health protection and labor safety No. 186-XVI of July 10, 2008. (The official monitor of the Republic of Moldova, 2008, Art. No. 143-144, 587), with subsequent changes and amendments, and for the purpose of implementation of the Directive 2009/148/CE of the European Parliament and Council of November 30, 2009 for protection of workers against the risks connected with impact of asbestos on workplace (The official magazine of the European Union, series L, No. 330/28 of 16:12. 2009)/Directive 2009/148/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 30 November 2009 on the protection of workers from the risks related to exposure to asbestos at work/DECIDES: the Government
2. To the Ministry of Health, work and social protection till December 31, 2013 after consultation with patronages and labor unions to establish the practical guidelines for determination of the sporadic impacts and impacts of low intensity specified in item 4 of appendix to this Resolution.
3. To the Ministry of Health, work and social protection to provide accounting of the established cases of asbestosis and to mesotheliomas.
4. This resolution does not interfere with application or adoption of regulations which provide to workers big protection, in particular, concerning replacement of asbestos by safer replacing materials.
minister of work,
social protection and family
Minister of Health
Approved by the Order of the Government of the Republic of Moldova of April 8, 2013 No. 244
1. These Minimum requirements on protection of workers against the risks connected with impact of asbestos on workplace (further - the Minimum requirements) are applied to types of activity in which workers are exposed or presumably will be affected by the asbestos dust or dust emitted by asbestos materials and set as the purpose protection of workers against risks for their health which arise or can arise owing to impact of asbestos on workplace, including prevention of these risks.
2. In the context of these Minimum requirements the term "asbestos" determines the following fibrous silicates:
Actinolite - CAS asbestos (the register of Chemical Abstract Service) No. 77 536-66-4;
gryunerit (amosit) - No. 12172-73-5 CAS asbestos;
antofillit - No. 77536-67-5 CAS asbestos;
No. 12001-29-5 CAS chrysotile;
No. 12001-28-4 CAS crocidolite;
tremolit - No. 77536-68-6 CAS asbestos.
3. For any kind of activities which can represent exposure hazard of the asbestos dust or dust emitted by asbestos materials the employer shall appoint evaluating this risk so that to determine the impact nature, respectively mineralogical kind of asbestos and the sizes of fibers, and also extent of impact on workers of the asbestos dust or dust emitted by asbestos materials.
4. In case impact is sporadic and low-intensive and if from results of assessment of professional risks specified in Item 3, clearly it is visible that the asbestos impact limit set in Item 20 of these Minimum requirements will not be exceeded in air of the working area, it is possible not to apply Items 7-9 and Items 44-58 of these Minimum requirements if work is connected with:
short-term and changeable servicing in case of which only not bulk solids are processed;
removal without destruction of not degraded materials in which fibers of asbestos are closely connected in matrix;
encapsulation or protective coating of the materials containing asbestos and being in good shape;
monitoring and control of air, and also selection of tests for establishment of content of asbestos in certain material.
5. Assessment provided in Item 3, shall become subject of consultation with workers and/or employee representatives, allocated with specific obligations in the field of health protection and labor safety and to be reviewed if the weight of evidence suggests that it is wrong or there were material changes on workplace.
7. The types of activity specified in Item 1, shall become piece of the system of the notification managed by State Labour Inspection. At least in 30 days prior to the works mentioned in Item 1, the employer shall provide the notification of territorial inspection of work and to the territorial center of public health around which activities works which shall contain at least short description will be performed:
locations of the building site;
types and amount of the used or processed asbestos;
types of activity and the applied methods;
number of busy workers;
start dates and durations of works;
the measures taken for restriction of impact of asbestos for workers.
8. Workers and/or employee representatives, allocated with specific obligations in the field of health protection and labor safety at the company, shall have access to the notification specified in Item 7 of these Minimum requirements.
9. Every time when the probability that change of working conditions will lead to considerable strengthening of impact of the asbestos dust or dust emitted by asbestos materials appears, the employer shall provide to territorial inspection of work the new notification.
10. Putting asbestos by method of spraying and application of working procedures which assume use of sound-proof or insulating materials of low density (less than 1 g/cm 3) containing asbestos is forbidden.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.