of December 2, 2002 No. 86
About hydrometeorological activities
This Law establishes the legal basis of activities in the field of hydrometeorology and is aimed at providing needs of the state, physical persons and legal entities in hydrometeorological information, and also in information on condition of the surrounding environment.
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
- hydrometeorological activities - production processes of observations of condition of the surrounding environment, collection, processing, the analysis, storage, provision, implementation of information and forecasting of change of condition of the surrounding environment, and also work on active impact on hydrometeorological and other geophysical processes;
- monitoring of the surrounding environment - long-term observations of condition of the surrounding environment, the natural phenomena occurring in it, and also assessment and the forecast of condition of the surrounding environment;
- stationary Item of observations of condition of the surrounding environment (further stationary Item of observations) - the complex including the site or part of the water area with the devices established on them and the equipment intended for determination of characteristics of the surrounding environment;
- the mobile unit of observations of condition of the surrounding environment (further - mobile Item of observations). The complex including platform (the aircraft and other vehicles) with the devices established on them and the equipment intended for determination of characteristics of the surrounding environment;
- the supervisory network - the code of stationary and mobile Items of observations, including posts, stations, laboratories, centers, bureau, the observatories intended for observations of the physical and chemical processes happening in the surrounding environment, determinations of its meteorological, climatic, aerological, hydrological, glaciological, heliogeophysical, agrometeorological characteristics and also for determination of level of pollution of atmospheric air, soils and water objects;
- the state supervisory network - the supervisory network of authorized state body in the field of hydrometeorology and areas, adjacent to it;
- information on condition of the surrounding natural circle - data (data) received as a result of monitoring of the surrounding environment;
- emergency information - without delay the transmitted data on natural hazards, on the actual predicted sharp changes and pollution of the surrounding environment which can threaten life and health of the population and to cause environmental damage;
- information products - the summarized information received in analysis result of data (data) intended for distribution or use;
- information of general purpose - the available processed information on the actual and predicted state of environment, extents of its pollution;
- specialized information - the hydrometeorological information provided based on the agreement and which provision requires carrying out extra works, including collection, processing and the analysis of this information;
- active impact - impact on meteorological and other geophysical processes for the purpose of their regulation and reduction of possible harm from these processes to the population and economy;
- the specialized organizations of active impact on meteorological processes the legal entities performing protection of agricultural plants against hail, regulation of rainfall, dispersion of fogs and descent of avalanches;
- hardly accessible stations - stations which are located at considerable distance from residential and rural locations in difficult physiographic conditions and with which there is no regular transport connection.
The legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan on hydrometeorological activities is based on the Constitution of the Republic of Tajikistan, consists of this Law, other laws of the Republic of Tajikistan and the international legal acts recognized by the Republic of Tajikistan.
The main directions of state regulation in the field of hydrometeorological activities are:
- forming and ensuring functioning of the state supervisory network;
- providing public authorities, Armed Forces of the Republic of Tajikistan, and also the population with information on the actual and predicted condition of the surrounding environment, including emergency information;
- determination of requirements to information products;
- determination of the list of works of republican value in the field of hydrometeorology, the organization and ensuring their accomplishment;
- forming of the state information resources in the field of hydrometeorology, creation and maintaining single state fund of data of the surrounding environment;
- the organization and work for active impact on meteorological and other geophysical processes, and also the state supervision of carrying out these works in all territory of the Republic of Tajikistan;
- ensuring protection of the state supervisory network;
- participation in international cooperation of the Republic of Tajikistan in the field of hydrometeorology;
- implementation of licensing of activities in the field of hydrometeorology according to the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan.
Public administration of hydrometeorological activities is exercised by authorized body of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan.
Are within the competence of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan in hydrometeorological activities:
- ensuring carrying out single state policy;
- acceptance of the regulatory legal acts determining conditions and procedure of hydrometeorological activities;
- implementation of tariff and credit and financial policy;
- approval of structure of republican state body in the field of hydrometeorological activities;
- determination of procedure and conditions of conducting monitoring of the surrounding environment;
- protection and determination of regulations of safety in case of production of observations of condition of the surrounding environment, and also in the course of their implementation in special conditions;
- establishment of procedure for indemnification (the actual damage, lost profit) and harm caused in the course of hydrometeorological activities;
- the organization of international cooperation in the field of hydrometeorological activities and participation in development of the international hydrometeorological network;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.