of July 12, 2006 No. ZR-159
About judicial service
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on July 7, 2006
1. Judicial service is the professional activity performed for the purpose of ensuring realization of the powers and functions allocated by the law for courts, and also judicial bodies. The judicial service is part of the public service established by the legislation of the Republic of Armenia.
2. The judicial service is performed:
1) in structural divisions of the central body of Judicial department;
2) in the allocated divisions of Judicial department.
3. Continuance in office of the judge, and also activities of the experts appointed by court, specialists managing on cases on insolvency (bankruptcy) and also persons performing maintenance and other separate tasks and functions on a contract basis is not considered judicial service.
4. Persons performing maintenance are considered as employees of Judicial department, and the related employment relationships are governed by the Labor code of the Republic of Armenia and other legal acts.
1. The employment relationships connected with judicial service are regulated by the labor law of the Republic of Armenia if this Law does not establish the features governing these relations.
2. The office relations between judicial employees are governed by this Law, decisions of Council of chairmen of the courts of the Republic of Armenia (further - Council of chairmen of the courts) and decisions of the founder.
1. The judicial department is the public managerial institution providing complete and effective implementation of the powers allocated for courts, General meeting of judges, Council of chairmen of the courts and Council of justice and their participation in civil legal relationship.
2. The judicial department provides complete and effective implementation of the powers allocated for courts and Council of justice and their participation in civil legal relationship by means of the allocated divisions.
3. The judicial department acts on the basis of the Charter, the Court of cassation approved by the chairman.
4. Judicial department:
1) performs the personnel policy, the financial and budget, material actions and actions of other nature directed to creation of conditions for effective activities of judicial authority;
2) is performed by role of the office of courts, Council of chairmen of the courts, general meeting of judges of the commissions, Council of justice by means of structural divisions of the central body, and also the allocated divisions;
Analyzes 4) and generalizes court practice and legal statistics;
5) runs personal records of judges;
6) will organize work of the official website of courts;
7) performs other powers allocated for it by this Law, other laws, the charter of Judicial department, decisions of Council of chairmen of the courts and Council of justice.
5. Judicial department by means of the allocated division - the office of Council of justice:
1) carries out the decisions of Council of justice, and also the order of that member of council of justice made routinely which by the decision of Council of justice is given instructions;
2) prepares meetings of Council of justice, directs to members of council of justice and interested persons materials on the questions considered in Council of justice records meetings of Council of justice and publishes the acts adopted by Council of justice.
6. The central body of Judicial department and its allocated divisions are financed from the government budget - separately.
7. The budget process of judicial authority is performed by the central body of Judicial department based on the budget requests submitted by the allocated divisions.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.