of April 22, 2011 No. ZR-72
About freedom of assembly
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on April 14, 2011
1. The purpose of this Law is providing stipulated in Clause 44 Constitutions of the Republic of Armenia and international treaties of freedom of assembly: the rights to the organization of meeting and the participation right in meeting.
2. This Law regulates conditions and procedure and protection of freedom of assembly.
1. In sense of this Law meeting this peace and without weapon temporary presence of two or more persons in any place with intention of forming or expression of general opinion on the questions which are of public interest.
2. The meeting is public when in it participation of any person is possible.
3. The meeting is performed by collection in one place or movements from one place to other (procession).
4. The meeting place this open space which is the state-owned, municipal or private property (the street, the sidewalk, the square, garden, the park and other) or structure which for the purpose of holding meeting is available to any person.
5. The structure is the territory partitioned from all directions which, as a rule, has overlapping.
1. On non-public meetings, and also provisions of Chapter 1, and also articles 29-34 of this Law extend to the meetings of "mutatis mutandis" held in structures (so as far as they are applicable in essence).
1. State bodies, local government bodies and officials when implementing of the powers established by this Law shall be guided by pro-rata rule and other fundamental principles of administration according to the Law of the Republic of Armenia "About bases of administration and administrative production".
1. The freedom of assembly can be limited only in that case when protection of state security and public order, control of offenses, protection of public health and morality (further public concerns), constitutional rights and freedoms of each person (further basic rights of other persons) in democratic society prevail over freedom of assembly.
2. Use of freedom of assembly for the purpose of violent overthrow of the constitutional system, incitement of race, racial, religious strife, promotion of violence or war is forbidden.
1. In meetings any person (citizens of the Republic of Armenia, foreign citizens and stateless persons) has the participation right.
2. Nobody has the right to force person to participation in any meeting or to interfere with its participation in any meeting.
3. Participant of the meeting is person who during meeting is in the meeting place for the purpose of participation in meeting.
4. Participants of the meeting are not persons which are during meeting in the meeting venue for the purpose of implementation of the powers or execution of the job duties, implementation of creative activities or another provided by the law or the agreement of activities, and also the representatives of mass media who are present for the purpose of covering of meeting.
1. Each person having the participation right in meeting and also any legal entity can be the organizer of meeting.
2. The organizer of meeting is the head of meeting. If the organizer of meeting is the legal entity, then the head of meeting is the head of the legal entity. The organizer can charge management of meeting to other person.
3. If obligations of the head of meeting are actually performed by other person, then he performs the rights and duties established by this Law for the head of meeting.
1. The judges, prosecutors, investigators who are also serving in armed forces, bodies of homeland security, police and other strategic bodies with participation in meetings shall show political neutrality and restraint.
2. Persons specified regarding 1 this Article have no right to the organization of meetings which can call into question their political neutrality.
4. Persons up to 14 years can organize meeting only from written consent of their legal representatives.
5. Additional restrictions of the rights of persons specified regarding 1 this Article for the organization of meetings and participation in meetings can be established by other laws.
1. For holding public meeting (further meeting) the organizer notifies authorized body in writing, except for urgent and spontaneous meetings with at least than 100 participants.
1. The purpose of the notification is acceptance of necessary measures by the state for providing the normal and peace course of meeting, and also protection of basic rights of other persons and public concerns.
1. The head of municipality is the person considering the notification and making the decision (further authorized body). According to the decision of authorized body to consider the notification and person authorized by it can pass on it the decision.
1. The notification can be provided not later than 7 days and not earlier than before 30 days about day of holding meeting.
1. The notification is submitted in writing, personally or by mail.
1. In the notification shall be specified:
1) meeting place;
2) approximate time of the beginning and end of meeting;
3) purpose of meeting;
4) the expected number of participants;
5) the objects or technical means (posters, torches, loudspeakers, etc.) used during meeting;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.