of March 2, 2013 No. 375-IV
This Law governs the relations in the field of protection, reproduction and use of fauna and is aimed at providing its preserving in the conditions of the native habitat.
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
animals - organisms (protozoa, worms, arthropods, mollusks, fishes, Amphibia, reptiles, birds, mammals), the components one of the highest spheres of the organic world having capability to move, eat ready organic compounds;
fauna - historically developed set of individuals of one or many animal species living in condition of natural freedom (wild animals) within the territory of Turkmenistan and the Turkmen sector of the Caspian Sea;
fauna object - organism of animal origin (wild animal);
the habitat of fauna - the environment in which objects of fauna live in condition of natural freedom;
protection of the habitat of fauna - the activities directed to preserving or recovery of conditions of steady existence and reproduction of objects of fauna in condition of natural freedom;
withdrawal of objects of fauna - getting, shooting, catching from the habitat of the wild animals living in condition of natural freedom;
limit of withdrawal of objects of fauna - established for users of the objects of fauna performing special use of fauna objects, maximum permissible regulations of withdrawal of wild animals for a certain period of time;
protection of objects of fauna - the activities directed to preserving fauna, the circle its dwelling and specific variety, use and reproduction of objects of fauna, and also complex of actions for prevention and fight against offenses in the field of protection, reproduction and use of objects of fauna;
use of fauna objects - use of fauna, its useful properties with withdrawal or without withdrawal of objects from the habitat;
users of objects of fauna - legal entities and physical persons which according to this Law are granted right to use by fauna objects;
steady use of objects of fauna - use of objects of fauna by the methods which are not leading to depletion of specific variety of fauna and keeping its capability to reproduction and requirements satisfaction present and future generations;
artificial cultivation of objects of fauna - content and cultivation of objects of fauna in bondage and (or) semi-free conditions;
crossing of animals - natural or artificial compound of genetic material of animals of one type from different populations or areas for the purpose of improvement of genetic fund, reduction of effect of inbreeding (closely related crossing);
zoological collection - the meeting of carcasses, eggs, medicines and parts of objects of fauna, including animal zoos, circuses, zoological nurseries, aquariums, terrariums representing scientific, cultural and educational, teaching and educational and esthetic value;
the state inventory of fauna - the systematized code of data on geographical distribution, quantitative and high-quality characteristics of types of wild animals, about economic evaluation and use of their resources, and also other data on the objects of fauna necessary for ensuring their protection and steady use.
1. The legislation on protection, reproduction and use of fauna is based on the Constitution of Turkmenistan and consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan governing the relations in the field of protection, reproduction and use of fauna.
2. The relations in the field of protection, reproduction and use of farm and other pets, and also the wild animals withdrawn from the nature and containing in bondage are regulated by the relevant legislation of Turkmenistan.
3. The relations in the field of fishery and water biological resources, and also hunting and hunting economy are regulated by the relevant legislation of Turkmenistan.
4. If the international treaty of Turkmenistan establishes other rules than containing in this Law, then rules of the international treaty are applied.
The basic principles in the field of protection, reproduction and use of fauna are:
1) state regulation and control in the field of protection, reproduction and use of fauna;
2) inadmissibility of combination of activities for implementation of the state control of use, reproduction and protection of fauna with activities for use of fauna objects;
3) steady use of objects of fauna;
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.