of February 28, 2003 No. 103
About Fundamentals of energy policy of state members of EurAsEC
Interstate Council of Eurasian economic community (at the level of heads of governments) solved:
Approve Fundamentals of energy policy of state members of EurAsEC it (is applied).
Members of Interstate Council of EurAsEC:
From the Republic of Belarus G. Novitsky
From the Republic of Kazakhstan I. Tasmagambetov
From the Kyrgyz Republic N. Tanayev
From the Russian Federation A. Kudrin
From the Republic of Tajikistan A. Akilov
Approved by Mezhgossovet's decision of EurAsEC of February 28, 2003 No. 103
Fundamentals of energy policy of state members of Eurasian economic community (further - the states of EurAsEC) represent system officially of the views of the purpose, tasks, the principles, the main directions and the mechanism of realization of energy policy of the states of EurAsEC accepted in these states.
1. General provisions
The energy policy of the states of EurAsEC is understood as their joint activities for rational use of energy resources and forming of general complementary fuel and energy complex of the countries of Community based on increase in efficiency of functioning of power supply systems, development of transit capacity of the states of EurAsEC and creating favorable conditions for increase in interstate supply of energy resources. It is aimed at providing energy independence of the states of EurAsEC by recovery and development between them mutually advantageous economic bonds in the field of power and forming of total energy market.
The energy policy of the states of EurAsEC is created on the basis of their constitutions, the laws and other regulatory legal acts, international treaties which participants they are of decisions of governing bodies of integration within EurAsEC and the commonly accepted principles and rules of international law.
Object of energy policy are fuel and energy complexes of the states of EurAsEC.
Subjects of energy policy are governing bodies of integration within EurAsEC, public authorities, state bodies of power, the international energy organizations and public associations.
The purpose of energy policy of the states of EurAsEC - ensuring energy independence and energy security of the countries of Community by forming of the total market of energy resources, creation of reliable power supply sources for their sustained economic growth.
Energy independence - security of the states of EurAsEC with local energy resources taking into account requirements of the market, and also possibility of use and (or) reservation of alternative sources of import of fuel and energy.
Energy security - condition of security of the energy sector of the states of EurAsEC from the internal and external conditions, processes and factors threatening its sustainable development and energy independence.
Main objectives of energy policy of the states of EurAsEC:
development of mutually beneficial cooperation in the field of power and acceptance of joint efforts on forming of total energy market;
saturation of the domestic market by energy resources and increase in their export to the third countries;
forming of the wholesale market of electrical energy and capacity;
rational use of water and fuel and energy resources;
cooperation increase in development of new fields of hydrocarbonic raw material, its conversion and transportation for export;
development of transit potential;
ensuring energy security and creation of conditions for sustained economic growth.
Principles of energy policy of the states of EurAsEC:
mutual respect of sovereignty and national interests;
full cooperation in questions of forming of general complementary fuel and energy complex;
the cross liability for taking measures to ensuring national interests in development of the energy sector taking into account interests of energy security of the states of EurAsEC;
recognition of priority of joint decisions concerning energy security.
2. Main directions of energy policy of the states of EurAsEC
2.1 Ensuring energy security of the states of EurAsEC.
Ensuring energy security of the states of EurAsEC assumes:
- standardization of the legislation in the field of power and creation of legal conditions for forming of energy market;
- ensuring needs of the domestic market for energy resources and development of the export potential of the states of EurAsEC;
- forming of the agreed principles of customs, tax and tariff policy of the states of EurAsEC in the field of power.
2.2 Creation of the total electrical power market of the states of EurAsEC.
Creation of the total zlektroenergetichesky market of the states of EurAsEC assumes:
- deepening of interaction of power supply systems of the states of EurAsEC and providing opportunities of interstate overflows of the electric power in operating conditions of the total market of electrical energy and capacity;
- representation of power networks for transit of electrical energy of the states of EurAsEC on conditions is at least favorable, than for transfer on these networks of own electrical energy, and taking into account mutual advantage of parallel work of power supply systems;
- creation of conditions on rational use of hydro-electric resources and electrical energy;
- implementation of mutual aid in case of natural disaster response and accidents on power generation facilities;
- increase in efficiency of the operating energy capacities and creation new for the purpose of ensuring energy security and covering of requirements of the states of EurAsEC for the cheap electric power;
- creation of joint businesses on production, transfer and transit of the electric power, production of the electrical power equipment;
- carrying out joint scientific research on development of electrical power complexes of the states of EurAsEC.
2.3 Forming of the total market of oil and gas of the states of EurAsEC.
Forming of the total market of oil and gas of the states of EurAsEC assumes:
- creation of conditions for increase in efficiency of joint exploration works;
- joint development of new oil and gas deposits;
- acceptance of agreed measures on upgrade and reconstruction of gas supply system;
- carrying out coordinated policy of providing EurAsEC countries with oil resources of the oil processing companies;
- creation of the joint oil and gas processing businesses;
- development of mutually beneficial cooperation of the states of EurAsEC in creation of new transport systems and reconstruction acting, intended for optimization and building-up of export flows of oil and gas of the countries of "five";
- forming of single rules of access to the main pipeline and pipeline systems of the states of EurAsEC and ensuring transit of oil and gas resources across the territory of the countries of Community;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.