of March 31, 2012 No. 288-IV
This Law determines legal, economic and organizational basis of statistics, is directed to carrying out single state policy in the field of statistics, ensuring requirements of the state and society for complete, reliable, evidence-based statistical information, governs the relations connected with implementation of statistical activities.
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) statistical activities - the activities connected with collection, processing, the analysis, protection and storage of statistical data, forming and distribution of statistical information, carrying out statistical observations, censuses, development of statistical methodology, and also generalization of the data obtained from various sources;
2) statistical observation - the organized data collection about the studied phenomenon performed on evidence-based methodology and the developed program;
3) primary statistical data - the reliable, complete, comparable data about subject to statistical observation provided in the corresponding forms of continuous and selective statistical observations;
4) statistics - quantitative assessment of properties of the studied object and (or) the phenomenon;
5) statistical form - the document (reporting form, the questionnaire and other documents) on the paper or electronic medium intended for obtaining and registration in accordance with the established procedure of primary statistical data;
6) the statistical qualifier - the document containing the systematized list of values of certain sign of subject to statistical observation, and also code of this object;
7) selective statistical observation - method of observation in case of which not all population, and only its part created on the accepted methodology is examined;
8) national census - nation-wide statistical observation of physical persons, legal entities (including their branches, representations and other separate divisions (further - separate divisions) and households of Turkmenistan, and also foreign citizens, persons without citizenship, foreign legal entities (separate divisions) and the international organizations which are in the territory of Turkmenistan as of certain timepoint;
9) the statistical register - the list of units of subjects to statistical observation with indication of the information about them necessary for the organization of the state statistical observations;
10) respondents - physical persons, legal entities (separate divisions) and households of Turkmenistan, and also foreign citizens, stateless persons, foreign legal entities (separate divisions) and the international organizations which are in the territory of Turkmenistan, representing in accordance with the established procedure primary statistical data to bodies of the state statistics and bodies authorized on that;
11) users of statistical information - physical persons and legal entities (separate divisions) of Turkmenistan, foreign citizens, stateless persons, foreign legal entities (separate divisions) and the international organizations using statistical information;
12) statistical methodology - set of the general rules, the principles, special acceptances and methods used in statistical activities;
13) statistical tools - instructions for carrying out statistical observation and data recording, reporting forms, questionnaires, schedules and other carriers of primary data;
14) official statistical information - the statistical information created by bodies of the state statistics on the basis of the state and departmental statistical reporting and administrative data;
15) summary statistical information - the aggregative data on economic, demographic, social and ecological situation received by processing and generalization of primary statistical data;
16) administrative data - the data created by public authorities, local self-government and other bodies performing collection of statistical data within their competence;
17) confidentiality of data - use of data is exclusive in the statistical purposes.
1. The system of statistics as component of information system of Turkmenistan represents nation-wide system of obor of primary statistical data, their processings, generalization, the analysis, distribution and storage of the state statistics by bodies and representatives on that bodies on the basis of the single methodology developed according to international standards and intended for requirements satisfaction of users of statistical information.
2. The system of statistics of Turkmenistan consists of the state and departmental statistics.
1. The legislation of Turkmenistan on statistics is based on the Constitution of Turkmenistan and consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan regulating statistics questions.
2. If the international treaty of Turkmenistan establishes other rules than containing in this Law, then rules of the international treaty are applied.
Operation of this Law extends to physical persons and legal entities (separate divisions) including performing activities outside Turkmenistan, households of Turkmenistan and also foreign citizens, stateless persons, the foreign legal entities (separate divisions) and the international organizations which are in the territory of Turkmenistan, who are subject according to this law to the statistical recording.
State policy in the field of statistics is based on its basic principles and is directed to creation and functioning of single evidence-based system of collection, processing, the analysis, accumulating of data and distribution of statistical information, development and enhancement of statistics according to international standards.
The basic principles of statistics in Turkmenistan are:
1) importance, objectivity;
3) independence and professionalism;
4) accountability and transparency;
5) timeliness and quality of official statistics;
6) confidentiality of primary statistical data;
7) international cooperation.
1. Financing of the state statistics is performed at the expense of means of the Government budget of Turkmenistan, and also non-budgetary and other sources.
2. The financial resources received by bodies of the state statistics according to the legislation of Turkmenistan from non-budgetary and other sources are used for purpose.
3. Bodies of the state statistics have budget and off-budget accounts.
4. The statistical activities performed according to regional programs are financed by means of local budgets.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.