of September 6, 2012 No. 5204-VI
About the state lotteries in Ukraine
This Law establishes the basic principles of state regulation of the lottery sphere in Ukraine for the purpose of creating favorable conditions for development of the lottery market, proceeding from the principles of the state monopoly for release and carrying out lotteries, ensuring requirements of the government budget, the rights and legitimate interests of citizens.
1. In this Law terms are used in such value:
1) the lottery sphere - set of the public relations which develop in the course of carrying out lotteries;
2) lottery - mass game, irrespective of its name which conditions of carrying out provide draw of prize (advantageous) fund between her participants and victory in which has accidental nature which territory of carrying out (distribution) extends out of limits of one building (construction), irrespective of method of acceptance of money for participation in such game.
Depending on method of draw of prize (advantageous) fund in Ukraine carrying out the following lotteries is allowed:
a) instant lottery - lottery in which information allowing to determine advantageous lottery tickets (other means provided by conditions of lotteries, allowing to certify participation in lottery) is pledged by accidental nature at stage of their production, that is before distribution among participants of lottery. When carrying out instant lottery the participant can directly determine after introduction of rate whether its lottery ticket or other means allowing to certify participation in game, advantageous is or not;
b) other lottery which does not fall under determination of instant lottery, including drawing, combined;
3) the state lottery - lottery which is carried out by the operator of lotteries according to this Law;
4) prize (prize) - means, property, the property or non-property rights which are subject to payment (issue) to the participant in case of his prize in the state lottery according to promulgated conditions of its carrying out;
5) prize (advantageous) fund - set of prizes (prizes) which are subject to playing in the state lottery according to promulgated conditions of its carrying out;
6) prize fund of circulation - set of the prizes which are subject to playing during draw of separate circulation of the state lottery according to promulgated conditions of its carrying out;
7) rate - payment of the participant for one-time participation in draw of the state lottery or its separate circulation;
8) the lottery ticket - the document of the form lottery established by conditions of carrying out made according to requirements of the legislation which availability certifies introduction by the participant of lottery of rate and grants the right to win prize in accordance with the terms of carrying out lottery. The state lottery can be carried out both using lottery tickets, and using other means allowing to certify participation in lottery or the prize size if they are provided by lottery conditions, including via terminals of electronic system of acceptance of rates;
9) jackpot - the maximum prize which is created in accordance with the terms of carrying out the state drawing lottery in each circulation, in several circulations or the different way determined in the conditions of carrying out lottery;
10) circulation is period which begins date of acceptance of rates on another draw of prize (advantageous) fund of circulation of drawing lottery and comes to an end in the last day payments of prizes established in accordance with the terms of carrying out the state lottery. Circulation includes implementation of the transactions directed to acceptance of rates, forming of prize fund of circulation, draw of prize (advantageous) fund, payment of prizes by results of such draw and also other transactions connected with carrying out circulation of drawing lottery;
11) the operator of the state lotteries - the legal entity - the subject of business activity, the acquired right to carrying out the state lotteries according to the procedure, determined by this Law;
12) the distributor of the state lottery - legal entity or physical person which at the request of the operator of the state lotteries performs in set or separately acceptance of rates directly at participants, payment of prizes, and also other transactions connected with distribution of the state lotteries;
13) the participant - the physical person which reached 18 years and at own will participating in draw of prizes according to conditions of carrying out the state lottery;
14) residual fund of the state lottery - part of prize (advantageous) fund which remains the state lottery which is not requested for any reasons by winners in the time established by conditions of its carrying out;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.